The logic of masking

Trujillo

There very well may be no carriers currently, but when the vast majority of the rest of the world is requiring that masks be worn, no politician is going to stick their neck out.

In reality, bitching about the minor inconvenience of wearing a mask when out is playing into the hands of the divide and rule ramp up that has been actioned.

• Like 1

First: 
"OP you dont understand how a forum works, you dont get to dictate to people what they can post."

Actually, those who have started threads have more say than you think. You must have seen threads that were started by someone and closed because that same someone ask that they be closed. 

My point (and I am quite familiar with forums) is that I did, and do not want this thread to be hijacked by tangential arguments about conspiracy theories. That's all. 

Second: 

"But no cases for 30 days means there's no asymptomatic carriers."

That's the whole point. I realize that some cling to this "no visible symptoms" rhetoric like a child's comfort blanket, but if there are no cases for over a month, then there can't be any asymptomatic carriers or symptomatic ones (other than the latter still in hospital). If you can't understand this, then yes, you fail the IQ test. 

"Asymptomatic carriers do not know they have the virus. Thailand has tested less than 0.1% of its population. How the OP reaches the conclusion there is not a single person in the country with the virus defies the logic he is espousing."

Again, think about this. Assuming the government is being transparent, and I have not seen any valid indications it is not, the figures tell us that anyone who could have had the virus  -- symptomatic or not -- would have already have had it and gotten over it. We have gone through more than two cycles of 14 days. 

Remember, I said "has" the virus, not "had" it. I am sure many more had it before, but having passed far, far longer than the incubation period, no one is lift with an active viral case. 

Increased testing will only continue to show no positive cases, unless you are talking about antibody tests and then you will find that, yes, more people had the virus but did not show any or appreciable symptoms, or did and recovered (you do understand people infected recover, don't you?). 

As for the world "reeling" from covid, I am not discussing the rest of the world here. This argument has context and has nothing to do with any other country. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

No , an asymptomatic carrier could pass the virus onto another person who is also asymptomatic and it could get passed on until a person catches it and shows some symptoms .

That could be months down the line

Thanks, makes sense.  That is the story I am buying unless those 2 14 day cycle, 30 days means no virus guys come up with some reasonable support.  Hello

• Like 1

My understanding is that in the worst case it can take people six to eight weeks to recover from Covid-19. Since testing is not that prevalent in Thailand who knows how many current cases there are. As long as there are current cases it is possible for the virus to be transmitted. It seems to me that we would have to wait two weeks after everyone in the country has recovered to be sure that there are no carriers. But without sufficient testing how can we know that?

• Like 1

Even doctors said they haven't really understood this virus so it is better we exercise more care than needed.

If you read the "Black Death", it was so bad that people died on the street and nobody collected the corpse because those who collected the corpses also died.

The virus of Black Death just suddenly disappeared for no reason. It really seems like The Reaper came and did his job and gone home.

Don't forget this virus mutates that alone is difficult to deal with.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

It's an IQ test.

And one in which the virus seems to be winning... 

In the countries where it is rampant, the greater chance of it mutating into an even more deadly form... first it hides undetected, then it attacks, next will be mutation... this is one smart virus often up against people not up to the challenge...