BANGKOK
Trujillo

The logic of masking

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Nobody knows who is healthy!!!

I do actually.

Since 0.8% of the population have the virus and 0.43% are asymptomatic you can estimate that around 99.2% people do not have the virus.

And of course you will know if someone is sick, sick people tend to have symptoms, in the very vast majority of cases. Asymptomatic transmission is so rare, 0-2.3% that you can discount that possibility really.

Edited by Logosone
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2020 at 10:35 AM, Logosone said:

I do actually.

Since 0.8% of the population have the virus and 0.43% are asymptomatic you can estimate that around 99.2% people do not have the virus.

And of course you will know if someone is sick, sick people tend to have symptoms, in the very vast majority of cases. Asymptomatic transmission is so rare, 0-2.3% that you can discount that possibility really.

Thanks for the disinformation.

Top HHS official says ‘most’ of the coronavirus transmission is from asymptomatic people

• Most transmission of the coronavirus is coming from people who are asymptomatic and never develop any signs of the virus, a top official from the Department of Health and Human Services said Friday.
  • “Just feeling like you want to go get a test is really not the best strategy, but we know that most of the spread are from asymptomatic people, particularly young adults, so you have to cast a wide net and I think we’re able to do that,” Adm. Brett Giroir said in an interview on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”
  • Scientists have found that people who don’t have symptoms can spread the virus.
  • https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/17/top-hhs-official-says-most-of-the-coronavirus-transmission-is-from-asymptomatic-people.html
Edited by cantata
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Brett Giroir went straight into teaching after his fellowship. He did not actually work as a physician in the strict sense of the meaning. And he trained as a pediatrician. 

He's claim about transmission is as valid as is the claims by my local veterinarian. 

3 hours ago, Trujillo said:

He's claim about transmission is as valid as is the claims by my local veterinarian. 

What about Dr Fauci? Oh, that's right -- Trump has dismissed his bonafides. Case shut.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious disease expert, said Thursday that asymptomatic people carry as much virus as people who are symptomatic.

Most transmission of the coronavirus is coming from people who are asymptomatic and never develop any signs of the virus

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Brett Giroir went straight into teaching after his fellowship. He did not actually work as a physician in the strict sense of the meaning. And he trained as a pediatrician. 

A little more of what Dr. Fauci said:

“When you measure the level of virus in the nasal pharynx of asymptomatic people, compared to people who are symptomatic, there doesn’t seem to be any difference, which means there’s as much virus in the nose of a person who’s asymptomatic as there is in a symptomatic person,” Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg in an interview. 

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/medical-advances/507807-asymptomatic-spread-responsible-for-most-virus

Edited by cantata
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2020 at 9:05 PM, johnpetersen said:

"David Vaughan Icke (/ˈdvɪd vɔːn k/; born 29 April 1952) is an English conspiracy theorist,[1][3][4][5] and a former footballer and sports broadcaster.[6] Icke has written more than 20 books and has lectured in over 25 countries.[7][8]

In 1990, while spokesman for the Green Party, he visited a psychic who he said told him he had been placed on earth for a purpose and would begin to receive messages from the spirit world.[9] These events led him to announce the following year that he was a "Son of the Godhead"[6] and that the world would soon be devastated by tidal waves and earthquakes, a prediction he repeated on the BBC's primetime show Wogan.[10][11] "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

You clearly haven't read any of his books, been to any of his ten hour presentations at many of his world wide tours, or heard any of his podcasts. But, if wikipedia is your place to go, then go nuts. Icke was the one who exposed wikipedia as a man and a dog organization rewriting their content by a few to suit the powers that be. Are you dismissive or confused now?

I had coughed a few times to clear food stuck I’m my throat while eating.

He came to my table and said “you can’t cough in public”.  After I told him “ go away” he said “ do you have a mask?”

I called Suan Prung and their guys with the 4XL butterfly net came and hauled him away.  I had dessert to make up for the lunch intrusion.

Safe back home until next week’s trip to town.