Can I return if I travel abroad now?

15 minutes ago, soidog2 said:

I am on a retirement visa, I have a valid reentry permit, If I leave Thailand now for a few weeks, will be able to enter the kingdom ?

The airlines are allowing you to book round-trip itineraries with the intention of allowing you to return on any schedule you like. The Thai government on the other hand...

...'eventually' you should be able to enter the kingdom. Your round-trip ticket should be good for 2-year cancelled flight reschedule, so the answer is *yes.

*the actual answer is no or 'maybe', pending further flight boarding and immigration requirements.  

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Let's see what announcements come in the next few days before attacking the poster.

On Thai PBS today they are talking about next month allowing ' documented foreigners ' in alongside those with Thai wives, spouses and children.

Until we know exactly what they mean by ' documented foreigners ' nobody knows. A person with a retirement extension and pink card or yellow housebook could be considered a ' documented foreigner ' , as yet we await clarification.

This is a separate section to the people with work permits and permanent residents.

Furthermore,  today is the first time Hun Sen has spoken himself of the need for land borders to open between Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia  and THAILAND.

He has been backed up by big hitters in Bangkok that own all the luxury super malls, Siam Paragon etc stressing  the need to get cross border access and trade moving again. Prayut and co, will certainly take note of these peoples opinions.

I saw the news today, was hoping maybe someone knows more.

Thanks 

7 minutes ago, soidog2 said:

Thanks 

A waiting game unfortunately, but at least things seem to be gathering pace now.

The reality of the economic situation is now being seen in the monthly figures coming in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, warcy said:

I think it doesn't depend only on documented foreigners but also which country you are from.

Thailand can't risk opening their borders to all countries with documented foreigners if the daily virus cases there is still high.

From what I see, Thailand will selectively choose a travel bubble and only certain people from that travel bubble. So there are two conditions and not one.

I won't ' get into it '  with any posters, nor will I second guess like many are doing. I think people are second guessing through frustration rather than anything else.

I will await clarification from the government announcement.

However, if a person is whatever nationality and is a designated documented foreigner with permission to reside in Thailand, (therefore, not their definition of as tourist), and also subject to the health insurance guarantee of $100K, and the quarantine rules and regulations, I can't see how it would make much difference!

Also, if land borders are to open up sooner rather than later, then surely it will depend on where you have been for the last few months and not your country of passport?

14 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Lets hope nobody books then this is from today, it may mean no quarantine in the UK on return but if they are not letting them in they would not need it anyway

That is certainly for entry to the UK.

The should not be able make a reservation for a flight to here. The IATA site still states this.

image.png.beee94e5257cdb6af02ba787b41d584f.png

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Daily Mail is telling readers Thailand is a green light for taking a holiday to from Sunday, will they be let in?

No.

The home secretary in the news gave a statement that they need to discuss and come to agreement with the countries listed first before anyone could start to travel.

17 hours ago, Pravda said:

No

Why do people keep asking the same questions..can they enter or leave thailand.

The answer hasnt changed,there is also no point in guessing when it may happen.

Everybody just has to wait until thai govt change the current rules.

In Thailand, it is wise not to quote from or link to stories from news sources of dubious reputation. People are getting fined or sent to prison for spreading "fake news"

"Let's see what announcements come in the next few days before attacking the poster."

Scouse its not like this has just happened It has been over 3 months, 3-4 months. If people arent reading then they are either illiterate, blind, or maye lazy 

There are various avenues to get teh answers and here isnt one of them IATA, The Thai embassy , the Thai Emassy information page, There are 3 times Monday Wednesday and Friday (used to be 7 ) english versions from teh Thai government issued on Facebook and Youtube for information 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, soidog2 said:

Thanks 

Did you read the story thread just above your thread today on TV. it is pretty clear what the government is looking for unless you fall into one of those categories listed! Right now you can't just leave and come back whenever you want to regardless of your Retirement extension.

Article " confirm list of foreigner that now can come into Thailand "

Edited by thailand49

20 hours ago, RichCor said:

The airlines are allowing you to book round-trip itineraries with the intention of allowing you to return on any schedule you like. The Thai government on the other hand...

...'eventually' you should be able to enter the kingdom. Your round-trip ticket should be good for 2-year cancelled flight reschedule, so the answer is *yes.

*the actual answer is no or 'maybe', pending further flight boarding and immigration requirements.  

I got an e-mail from my travel agent, informing me that my return ticket is valid for a one year period. After that, requires a credit if possible, and purchasing a new ticket at a later date, and pay the increased cost. My return ticket expires September 17.

Korean Air.

21 hours ago, soidog2 said:

Thanks 

As a retiree with a retirement visa/extension, you're not in any of the 11 groups the government are talking about letting inside Thailand by air,unless you are married to a Thai or have Thai kids. 

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

At documented foreigner means those with a certificate of entry that is only available for those that qualify to get one.

Some info is here. https://thaiembdc.org/2020/06/24/29717/

I see that today in the Bangkok Post they have the official CAA announcement which in section (4) allows entry to "Non-Thai nationals who hold a valid certificate of residence, or permission to take up residence in the Kingdom".  Does anyone know for sure what such a "certificate" is and whether they might mean to include retirement visas and extensions of stay for retirement?  Or could it be that they simply mean the certificate of residence that you get for things such as applying for a drivers licence (issued by Immigration on showing them your passport, visa, house book/lease, etc.)?  If so it would seem that anyone who is still here in Thailand on an extension of stay could get such a certificate before leaving the country and thereby be confident of re-entry.  

Edited by TerraplaneGuy

53 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

I see that today in the Bangkok Post they have the official CAA announcement which in section (4) allows entry to "Non-Thai nationals who hold a valid certificate of residence, or permission to take up residence in the Kingdom".  Does anyone know for sure what such a "certificate" is and whether they might mean to include retirement visas and extensions of stay for retirement?  Or could it be that they simply mean the certificate of residence that you get for things such as applying for a drivers licence (issued by Immigration on showing them your passport, visa, house book/lease, etc.)?  If so it would seem that anyone who is still here in Thailand on an extension of stay could get such a certificate before leaving the country and thereby be confident of re-entry.  

Edit:  Please note this new announcement refers to a "certificate of residence" which is clearly different from the "Certificate of Entry" in the COVID-19 regulations referred to in ubonjoe's above post.

Edited by TerraplaneGuy

5 hours ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

I believe they are referring to people with permanent residence, as announced earlier.

10 hours ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

see that today in the Bangkok Post they have the official CAA announcement which in section (4) allows entry to "Non-Thai nationals who hold a valid certificate of residence, or permission to take up residence in the Kingdom".  Does anyone know for sure what such a "certificate" is and whether they might mean to include retirement visas and extensions of stay for retirement? 

It means those that have a applied for and been granted permanent residency in Thailand. They are the only people that are considered residents of Thailand.

Interestingly the Royal Thai Embassy, Ankara, Turkey has graciously posted the following notice on their website regarding booking flights into Thailand (text below):

news_other-20200626-220329-1.jpg

As a number of airlines begin to resume their international flights schedule and some may open pre-sale ticket for commercial flights to Thailand starting from late June 2020, despite the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) not yet confirming whether the international flights suspension will be abolished by 30 June 2020.

In this regard, to prevent passengers from the possibility that international flights may not be able to operate to Thailand as claimed by the airlines and passengers may face difficulties to have their ticket refunded, the Embassy thus wishes to suggest that passengers delay purchasing flight tickets to Thailand until CAAT officially confirms the schedule to re-open the airport in Thailand. Furthermore, in the case that CAAT decides to re-open the airport, some restriction may be put in place, in particular, flights restriction from countries with high number of COVID-19 infection. The list of such countries are also to be confirmed.

In addition, those who wish to return to Thailand must obtain approval and/or given quota to enter the country and must obtain documents including health certificate and a letter from the Embassy for Thai nationals and Certificate of Entry (COE) for foreign nationals. Furthermore, all arrival passengers are required to be under state quarantine for 14 days. 

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It means those that have a applied for and been granted permanent residency in Thailand. They are the only people that are considered residents of Thailand.

Thanks.  Is there any indication that they’re considering allowing those of us holding retirement extensions of stay? I haven’t seen any yet in the news.