Have anyone tried ubuy.co.th for ordering stuff from USA?

TacoKhun

It works ok but it's very expensive the items are overpriced and then you pay tax and postage. Sometimes they will tell you it's illegal to import some things even when they are available locally. Use it only if there is no alternative. I've used it twice but only because I could find no alternative.

• 10 months later...

The problem with ubuy is even though you pay shipping up front you will also get a bill from DHL at delivery for a ridiculously high price, higher than the price of the item!!! I cannot stress this enough. And I am not talking merely a duty fee here as ubuy calls it. You are not told what this price will be up front nor given any idea  that it is a total scam price. I was also not satisfied that it can take them weeks sitting on their hands to get so called in stock items to their warehouse, and that's before they bother shipping it off to Thailand. It can take a month or more to get things under their normal operating conditions. Amazon makes ubuy look like a bunch of fools. As long as ubuy cannot tell you how big the DHL bill is going to be, stay away from this company.

I also found their product pages are purposely misleading, I thought I was getting a pack of 3 as that what was shown on the picture but only 1 was delivered and even though  complained bitterly about it they denied the product page was misleading and I ended up paying well over the local price for the 1 item. I will never deal with them again. 

• 1 month later...

Same painfull experience.
Ordered 6,993THB in products. Ubuy showed shipping cost of 2,380THB plus 'local taxes'.
The Local DHL agent now wants 5,512 THB for fees and import tax.
This doubled the total cost. No thank you.
This company only business is international shipping. They should provide estimate of expected total cost, especially when it is this bad.
Ubuy customer support does not help.
Expect to pay more than double of whatever the item cost is.

i used them to get some antiseptic cream, the order never came after a month and they did write to say it was lost in Transit.  I then had to wait for a refund which takes 7 to 10 days for them to process nd then another 10 days to appear in account.  Correct the items bought were 1400 baht and delivery 800 baht.  they’ve said the refunded in US$ but the amount seems to be short and i have skeet them to clarify their calculations.  still waiting for a response on that one.  Definitely would not use them gain

I use it but only for things that are completely unavailable here

Most things came through OK, one shipment only I ran into the sort of issues others mention (add on DHL charges etc). The ones that came through no problem did nto come by courier.

I would say, make sure the supplier will ship by regular mail and not courier. This depends on the supplier, not on ubuy.