BANGKOK
bkkexplorer

Unsuccessful trip to CW today for a NON O

11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

According to a news from today, on a site which may not be linked to, the Thai government is planning to offer travel bubble tour packages to tourists from low risk countries, and these people will not be required to go into quarantine. So this is probably their first step.

That was in the news last month and previously posted on TVF. I understand their are local discussions abreast between the local Countries mentioned, but as yet no agreement or signatures.

Each Country will firstly want to ensure it's own house is in order, as well as the house of the Country(s) party to any agreement.

Schools have just restarted in Thailand, but with classes split, 3 days one week, 2 days the next.

Universities are also starting up this month, But until almost everything is back to normal and social distancing comes to an end, I don't foresee any such signed agreement.

That's why I predict the amnesty will be extended until the end of August, if not the end of September.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Ditto. Prior to late February/early March, the only sense something was different I got out of this crisis was more countries banning Chinese/people who had been to China and that country being locked down. I figured it would be left at that, and China would emerge from lockdown by about April leaving the rest of the world unscathed.

By the end of February there were some 18 Countries with confirmed cases of Covid.

The WHO predicted a 'global' infection beginning of February.

By mid March almost every European Country had confirmed cases.

After the WHO' statement, I anticipated Countries following China's example and locking down.

I cancelled all plans for 2020, which will be remembered by many for the wrong reasons.

On 6/29/2020 at 8:26 PM, ubonjoe said:

They are correct about needing 15 days remaining on a standard permit to stay form a visa exempt or tourist visa entry or a extension of them. Immigration does not consider the "automatic extension" under the amnesty as a valid permit to stay.

@ubonjoe , does the same 15 day rule apply to a marriage extension on a non-imm O multiple?  E.g  Non-imm O multiple from HOCHIMINH valid until July 15 2020.   Entry stamp from Jan 19 admit until April 17 but currently on amnesty.  Was hoping to change this to marriage extension.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

By the end of February there were some 18 Countries with confirmed cases of Covid.

The WHO predicted a 'global' infection beginning of February.

By mid March almost every European Country had confirmed cases.

After the WHO' statement, I anticipated Countries following China's example and locking down.

I cancelled all plans for 2020, which will be remembered by many for the wrong reasons.

The WHO made the announcement of a worldwide pandemic on March 11. You are right they were predicting something big before then, but a worldwide lockdown never happened before (not for SARS or MERS, Ebola etc) hence why I didn't expect to see one this time round until signs made it apparent, this was imminent.

As mentioned in my previous reply, I could see where this was going by around late February, but it was still a bit vague until early March, when it finally became quite clear to me where this was going.

I did tell my Chinese colleagues around mid-February, that I didn't think it was a good idea to arrange transportation of goods from Thailand to Laos anymore (mostly because I didn't want them gaining a certain advantage over my business partners and I but also because I thought it was a bit complicated) - at the time I really didn't think the Thai-Lao border was going to close, but in hindsight I made the right decision because by the time we would have been ready (early to mid-March) it was already clear. And of course by March 20, the Thai-Lao borders had all been shut (except for official trade).

Edited by drbeach
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, oldmanstan said:

@ubonjoe , does the same 15 day rule apply to a marriage extension on a non-imm O multiple?  E.g  Non-imm O multiple from HOCHIMINH valid until July 15 2020.   Entry stamp from Jan 19 admit until April 17 but currently on amnesty.  Was hoping to change this to marriage extension.

No.

The 15 day rule only applies to those holding a VE or TV entry but want to apply for, or change the type of Visa to a type 'O', in order to apply for an annual extension.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 15 days is only needed for non immigrant visa application.

For s extension of stay application based upon marriage you can do it on the last day if you want to.

You need to ask your local office to find out what their policy is for those on the amnesty after a non-o visa entry.

Thanks, good to know.  Tried to get the 60day extension in April but bc of amnesty they refused and said extension not needed.  I'll see what they have to say at the local office.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 1:12 PM, Tanoshi said:

I've never stated I warned everyone.

Ok.  But bummer, because I was going to ask for stock-tips, next. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I stated I anticipated what would happen.

I can give you some good offshore investment tips offering 6.1% and 8%  😊

I predict the amnesty will be extended to end of August, or September though. :thumbsup:

From all the information available now, I fully agree. I think an extension until end of August or September is highly likely.

• Like 1