BANGKOK
webfact

Trump posts video of couple brandishing guns towards protesters

13 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Assuming people are protesting on the public road in front of someone's property. 

not a public road, the broke through the gate and were on a private road in private property.  

11 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Are there many of these exclusive "rich people only" gated communities in the US?

Genuine question btw not trying to score points.

Gated communities in the USA are not common although private roads are not uncommon.  

46 minutes ago, candide said:

Diffusing a video showing white people pointing guns at black protesters is surely a way to appease racial tensions (whatever the race of the person who receives it)....😂

Burning down businesses, many of which are black-owned, looting and defacing monuments including those of abolitionists, I'd also also say probably not the best way to appease racial tension. And then combine that with rampant racial demagoguery among the "journalists"--a word that nowadays always has to be put in quotation marks--I'd also say probably not great for racial tensions. One instance of two people pointing a gun at whomever I'd think is the least of the factors spurring this race-baiting in America.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

These people were not rioting, or looting or burning, it was a peaceful protest.

If worried wait inside and have your escape/defense ready, not become confrontational out front and risk stirring people up.

This was a "peaceful" protest because you, my friend, are living somewhere where you personally are unlikely to experience such a protest firsthand. You're reading this on a foreign forum in the comfort of, what, your SEA condominium? You arm-chair experts are laughable.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, i84teen said:

who got shot?

You ok?

Confused perhaps?

POINT a gun, generally means I will shoot you, and nervous people and guns not a good mix

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, OZinPattaya said:

This was a "peaceful" protest because you, my friend, are living somewhere where you personally are unlikely to experience such a protest firsthand. You're reading this on a foreign forum in the comfort of, what, your SEA condominium? You arm-chair experts are laughable.

Of course you are the expert in the middle of the action, being threatened by protesters.  Evcer been in a riot ? Many here have worked in places where they have occurred

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Of course you are the expert in the middle of the action, being threatened by protesters.  Evcer been in a riot ? Many here have worked in places where they have occurred

31 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

POINT a gun, generally means I will shoot you, and nervous people and guns not a good mix

I'd say the first logical course of action if you don't want to get shot in America is don't engage in behavior that's likely to get you shot--I.e., trespassing on people's property, destruction of property, breaking and entering, looting, showing up on the doorstep of people's houses with angry mobs, resistance of arrest by police, assaulting police officers, taking weapons from police officers, firing said weapons at police officers, etc. and etc. And don't engage in criminal activity in the first place. Almost forgot that one.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

<SNIP>

I am just surprised they exist in the US because I honestly thought the country was far more egalitarian than that. 

Surely you're being sarcastic?

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, OZinPattaya said:

I'd say the first logical course of action if you don't want to get shot in America is don't engage in behavior that's likely to get you shot--I.e., trespassing on people's property, destruction of property, breaking and entering, looting, showing up on the doorstep of people's houses with angry mobs, resistance of arrest by police, assaulting police officers, taking weapons from police officers, firing said weapons at police officers, etc. and etc. And don't engage in criminal activity in the first place. Almost forgot that one.

and the evidence that any of that occurred in this instance with the exception of trespass, and shooting is ok for trespass?? is ?? 

Edited by RJRS1301

It occurred to me the reason many think its OK to trespass and vandalize property is that they have never owned a home.  if you've been a renter your whole life why would you care if someone destroyed the house. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

and the evidence that any of that occurred in this instance with the exception of trespass, and shooting is ok for trespass?? is ?? 

Did this woman shoot her weapon? No, she did not. There is no story here. This is American left-wing media inventing a story where there is none in order to incite racial passions.

They got what they wanted, which was a picture of a white person pointing a gun at a black person. The fact that nothing happened is beside the point. It's big news, regardless. Xenophobic, racist white nationalist threatens to fire upon peaceful black protestors. There's your headline.

Edited by OZinPattaya
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The couple look like they pay more taxes than half the mob's income

Gun looks like an M16A2 that would cost $20k+ and alot of red tape, which while he could afford it, its easier and much cheaper to just buy a AR15 based clone

Edited by Jdiddy

While the long gun in picture is intimidating looking, I'd personally rather have a 12 ga. for up and personal protection. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OZinPattaya said:

Did this woman shoot her weapon? No, she did not. There is no story here. This is American left-wing media inventing a story where there is none in order to incite racial passions.

They got what they wanted, which was a picture of a white person pointing a gun at a black person. The fact that nothing happened is beside the point. It's big news, regardless. Xenophobic, racist white nationalist threatens to fire upon peaceful black protestors. There's your headline.

They are now being investigated by St. Louis Circuit Attorney for possible threats against the crowd exercising their First Amendment rights. That's the story now.