Trump posts video of couple brandishing guns towards protesters

webfact

10 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

I just saw a clip of Obama saying that blacks were over represented as both the perpetrators and victims of crime.

It is a fact that most blacks killed are killed by other blacks.

And  most whites are  killed by whites.

But the reality is that in interaction between police and  coloured people in the US statistics show the outcome disproportionately  results in disproportionate treatment.

The system in the US basically criminalizes  African Americans  at  birth by assumption. If they object as within  their rights then the  boot comes  in for  getting  "uppity" !

The abolition of  slavery never abolished the general attitude of white superiority.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Rather than being confrontational, they could have donated some of their millions to good causes and help the poor out. Why does anyone need such a ghastly house, to lord over the peasants that's why.

You know what's funny? 

The homeowners are Democrats, constantly donate to ActBlue, and are actively representing a victim of police brutality. 

Funny part being that In my opinion, no matter what they say in the media to protect themselves, I wouldn't be surprised if the right just won another vote. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

And  most whites are  killed by whites.

But the reality is that in interaction between police and  coloured people in the US statistics show the outcome disproportionately  results in disproportionate treatment.

The system in the US basically criminalizes  African Americans  at  birth by assumption. If they object as within  their rights then the  boot comes  in for  getting  "uppity" !

The abolition of  slavery never abolished the general attitude of white superiority.

I hear what you say.

Looking at crime stats sometimes does not show the full picture. When we look at cops vs black bad interactions we cannot see how many of these are black cops. (happy to see if you have).

Many of these "troubled" cities have black mayors and black police chiefs. Bad interactions should not be so prevalent.

8 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

In general “a peaceful” trespasser cannot be shot unless they pose an imminent threat to one’s safety?  

A good rule of thumb in the USA is dont <deleted> around and trespass. The 'castle' is sacred and usually extends to your vehicle too. 

Anders Walker, a constitutional law professor at St. Louis University, said that although it's "very dangerous" to engage protesters with guns, the homeowners broke no laws by brandishing or pointing weapons at them because Portland Place is a private street. He said the McCloskeys are protected by Missouri's Castle Doctrine, which allows people to use deadly force to defend private property.

"At any point that you enter the property, they can then, in Missouri, use deadly force to get you off the lawn," Walker said, calling the state's Castle Doctrine a "force field" that "indemnifies you, and you can even pull the trigger in Missouri."

Luckily, Walker said, no one got shot.

"There's no right to protest on those streets," Walker said. "The protesters thought they had a right to protest, but as a technical matter, they were not allowed to be there. ... It’s essentially a private estate. If anyone was violating the law, it was the protesters. In fact, if (the McCloskeys) have photos of the protesters, they could go after them for trespassing."

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/couple-points-guns-at-protesters-marching-to-st-louis-mayor-s-home-to-demand-resignation/article_9edc57ed-c307-583f-9226-a44ba6ac9c03.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

I would think waving guns about when it looks like you don't know what your doing is more likely to start a looting session. Personally, I never felt the need to own a gun as I don't particularly want to shoot anyone and I don't live in fear of whats around every corner.

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Kimberly Gardner, the city's chief prosecutor, said she was alarmed by the videos and that her office was investigating.

"We must protect the right to peacefully protest, and any attempt to chill it through intimidation or threat of deadly force will not be tolerated," she said in a statement.

This is the chief prosecutor who does not know the law.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CraigInBangkok said:

I would think waving guns about when it looks like you don't know what your doing is more likely to start a looting session. Personally, I never felt the need to own a gun as I don't particulary want to shoot anyone and I don't live fear of whats around every corner.

I don't live in fear either, especially because I know that in the absolute worst case, either me or the wife can defend ourselves.

2 ways to look at it, cower in fear and let people do what they want, or fight back. 

I wont be cowering if the worst ever happens and if it doesn't, no harm no foul. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

I hear what you say.

Looking at crime stats sometimes does not show the full picture. When we look at cops vs black bad interactions we cannot see how many of these are black cops. (happy to see if you have).

Many of these "troubled" cities have black mayors and black police chiefs. Bad interactions should not be so prevalent.

It is  true that there are times when black cops have been on the scene when things have  gone wrong. But as part of their  'Duty" and more likely to be subordinate to white cops they would be more or less powerless to defy orders.

A relevant aspect of the  Floyd incident is that it involved an  experienced cop leading a group of "rookies".

5 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

I don't live in fear either, especially because I know that in the absolute worst case, either me or the wife can defend ourselves.

2 ways to look at it, cower in fear and let people do what they want, or fight back. 

I wont be cowering if the worst ever happens and if it doesn't, no harm no foul. 

what if they come with bazookas ??????  I would guess there is always someone with a bigger gun. Anyway, i'll take my chances without one.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

There is seriously something wrong with education in that country.

Would you like to stay in the US for 3 months? Not in a million years...

Why not? You love Thailand so much but they have a higher gun crime rate per capita than the USA, only eclipsed by the Philippines. 

20 minutes ago, Tug said:

Well if it makes you feel better dad got killed on a salvage job things went down hill fast I continued in the diving business and survived 34 years of commercial diving but beeing fired in the forge of working hard and at times under great peril it made me a compassionate open minded person trying in my small way to try to make my little world just a little bit better but that’s just me how about you?

You certainly are twisted to think the death of your father is somehow going to please me. See ya.

Kum Bah Yah America...

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

Well, Sleepy would need a 4 hour nanna nap each day.

Sleepy? Who's that? Not a nickname I've heard used for Trump before (thought that was against forum rules as well) though we all would like him to sleep more, preferably 23hrs and 59 min/7.

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Sleepy? Who's that? Not a nickname I've heard used for Trump before (thought that was against forum rules as well) though we all would like him to sleep more, preferably 23hrs and 59 min/7.

He has appeared to be very lethargic these days. It is quite possible he is suffering from some health issues. He does not look steady, though I suspect his increasingly unhinged state of mind, and a pathological fear of losing the election, is a big factor in that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

You certainly are twisted to think the death of your father is somehow going to please me. See ya.

Kum Bah Yah America...

Not at all just an open honest reply to your snarky comment on my post just so you know the (privilege) was gone in a hurry fair winds and following seas mariner 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tug said:

Not at all just an open honest reply to your snarky comment on my post just so you know the (privilege) was gone in a hurry fair winds and following seas mariner 

Retired Jan 2020, the only thing following seas does is make sloppy steering...ahahaa