Trump posts video of couple brandishing guns towards protesters

webfact

40 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The right to carry arms was written at a time when people used muskets.

Do you honestly think it would have been written if they had known rifles would become what they are now?

One could take your argument and say there should not be freedom of the press, because hardly anyone uses a printing press nowadays.

Furthermore, in those earlier times it was legal to own a canon. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

actually, that's a civilian with a scary-looking semi-automatic assualt-style rifle.

not an automatic weapon.

not an assault rifle.

not military grade.

You got some right that it is a semi-auto assault rifle. I am quite certain that it is a M-16. I was trained in the M-16 precursor AR-15 to recognize the features. It was a US military standard service rifle and also used by other armed forces around the world. While the US military has largely replaced the M16 in frontline combat, the rifle is still standard army issue assault rifle aka military grade.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

Self - defense  if the couple had shot at the crowd, thinking they were threatened by the protesters?

Self - defense if one or more protesters carrying a legal gun and licence, had shot at the 2 residents, thinking they were threatened by them,  as they were  pointing firearms ?

breaking into private property, vandalizing property, shouting threats, carrying AND brandishing firearms, legal or not.  i think the homeowners are covered under the law.  missouri, like many states, allows open carry...but NOT on someone else's property without their permission.

the criminals in the mob, though, i'm not so sure about, although i'm sure the media would play it as rayciss white folks oppressing a collection of gentle giants minding their own business.

• Thanks 1

Inflammatory posts, offensive posts and the replies have been removed.

Posts using profane language have been removed. 

A post in which the quoted content had been altered was removed. 

Some incoherent posts and replies have been removed. 

33 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

That is not accurate as regards to assault weapons. Majority of people are against law allowing ownership of assault weapons in the 2018 poll. It is the GOP lawmakers that were resisting the ban. 

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/missouri/

Missouri is very favorable to semi automatic rifles  .Same goes for the right to protect your self with deadly force

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You got some right that it is a semi-auto assault rifle. I am quite certain that it is a M-16. I was trained in the M-16 precursor AR-15 to recognize the features. It was a US military standard service rifle and also used by other armed forces around the world. While the US military has largely replaced the M16 in frontline combat, the rifle is still standard army issue assault rifle aka military grade.  

that is incorrect.  the m-16 is the military grade automatic assault rifle.

the ar-15 is the civilian semi-automatic copy.  all the scary cosmetic features without the military functions.  it looks like an m-16 to appeal to the chairborn rangers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Phulublub said:

And for trespass, a property owner has the right to shoot a trespasser?  Proportionate response?  I think not.

PH

she's a lawyer... but still just anothe dumb civvie. How's she supposed to know that what was beinf pointed twards her was not a gun, but either a telecopic mike, or a paintball gun muzzle...  

- even a Sherrifs Deputy would 'shoot first' at a brandished plastic toy gun 2020-06-29T172004Z_1_LYNXMPEG5S1RS_RTROPTP_4_MINNEAPOLIS-POLICE-PROTESTS-ST-LOUIS.JPG  

5 minutes ago, tifino said:

she's a lawyer... but still just anothe dumb civvie. How's she supposed to know that what was beinf pointed twards her was not a gun, but either a telecopic mike, or a paintball gun muzzle...  

- even a Sherrifs Deputy would 'shoot first' at a brandished plastic toy gun 2020-06-29T172004Z_1_LYNXMPEG5S1RS_RTROPTP_4_MINNEAPOLIS-POLICE-PROTESTS-ST-LOUIS.JPG  

from this angle, it appears to be the handle of a katana sword.

• Like 2

Just now, CraigInBangkok said:
4 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

from this angle, it appears to be the handle of a katana sword.

it appears to be a microphone to me

but to a scared woman in the heat of the moment

- can at the time be a little short on hindsight

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Dude, I was in the army and the AR15 is a military issued assault weapon. AR-15 was used in the Vietnam war. AR15 can also be used as grenade launcher; a military function far from being cosmetic feature. 

dude, you won the internets today!  please google it.

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Dude, I was in the army and the AR15 is a military issued assault weapon. AR-15 was used in the Vietnam war. AR15 can also be used as grenade launcher; a military function far from being cosmetic feature. 

So your saying all ar 15 are assault weapons

4 minutes ago, tifino said:

puny 5.5mm 

gotta at least have a 7.62 

Sorry no offense I asked  if all  ar 15 were assault weapons ! That poster was referring that it was a assault weapon

The rumour is this couple are Democrats and BLM supporters, and that the husband is representing some black guy in an action against the police. If that's true, oh, the irony, liberal NIMBYs, now vilified by the left and eulogised by the right. Incidentally, they need some serious gun training, they're lucky they didn't shoot each other by accident, never mind one of the "protesters".

3 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

And a large portion in the USA is black on black but that doesn't stop imbeciles in here from clutching their pearls and searching for their fainting couch when talking about murder. 

Absolute BS and every available metric disproves that statement. Feel free to post statistics to disprove what im saying ????

Total deflection. What about the school kids getting gunned down? 

Of the 36,383 Americans killed with guns each year, 22,274 are gun suicides (61%), 12,830 are gun homicides (35%), 496 are law enforcement shootings (1.4%), and 487 are unintentional shootings (1.3%).

On average, 100,000 Americans are wounded with guns each year, often with life-altering consequences.

Roughly three-quarters of nonfatal shootings are gun assaults. About a fifth are unintentional shootings. Very few nonfatal shootings are suicide attempts—less than 5%—and between 1 and 2% are shootings by law enforcement.

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/facts/gun-violence-statistics/

Edited by spidermike007

7 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

These people were not rioting, or looting or burning, it was a peaceful protest.

If worried wait inside and have your escape/defense ready, not become confrontational out front and risk stirring people up.

The protesters were trespassing on private property. They were not on public property, a gate had been damaged to gain entrance, and they were illegally remaining on private property.

Are there any trespass laws in the US?

No need to confront them and engage in insult slinging though. Should have just stood there with weapons clearly visible.

People have the right to protest peacefully. There is no right to trespass and cause criminal damage afaik.

• Like 1