5 am and Getting Up

Pilotman

7 minutes ago, mr mr said:

come on admit it. you are up early so you can be one of the first to comment on the daily stories. 

haha, nothing worth commenting on yet. Same old same old. Just catching up on the news from the West.  They are still all a bunch of panicking lunatics, so nothing has changed there over night. Baht down (up?) to 37.8 to the £, so not a good start. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Anyone else have this issue or are you all still tucked up in bed with the air-con on high?

Actually, I don´t see it as a problem. Usually up between 03.00 and 05.00 every morning with few exceptions. Like it! It´s lovely and quiet. Get much done during that time. ????

• Like 2

Best time of day, get the house chores done befor it's too hot, walk on the beach befor the blazing sun. Providing your aleep at 10 pm ish it's all good....but yes a little nap around midday or early afternoon is required sometimes.

• Like 2

Here the same, 5’30 wake up every days like a chicken, living in a quiet place, a cup of covfefe, monks with the Gong, birds, news from the world. A good nap after lunch, complete the 8 hours in the Morpheus’s arms and hidden in the hot hours.

• Like 1

I normally wake just before 4am. Still dark at the moment, so wait until around 4.45am to get up. About 5:10am I take my very energetic dogs(2) out for a brisk 45-50 minute walk. Then return home and feed them. Then I water the young/vulnerable plants/trees in the garden. Next its breakfast time for me at around 6.30am. Then I check TVF and scan the BBC News website. Best part of the day IMHO

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

I like daylight. Most days I wake up about 6am, sometimes earlier and sometimes later. If I wake up maybe 5:30 and the first light is already visible then I stay up and I am not sleepy anymore. If I wake up at 5 and it's dark I turn around and sleep a little longer.

And that happens even if I am out late a night - which does not happen too often anymore. I still wake up at the same time but later sleep again for an hour or two.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Surprisingly, no alcohol = good sleep, one of the first things on quitting drinking is real deep sleep without interruption.

I sleep better and longer with a few beers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, we're usually functional at about 4.30 even on the weekends.

Weekdays head to the office at 5.45 to miss the traffic.

exactly. the commute to work in Silom from Bang Na is a lot easier at around 5.30. Arriving in time for a leisurely breakfast and coffee with the news is the best part of the working day. If I take

just an extra 1/2 hour in bed then the difference is massive.

Weekends, im up around 6 and love the peace and quiet before the family start appearing, zombie like, shattering the peace.

Edited by nikmar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nikmar said:

exactly. the commute to work in Silom from Bang Na is a lot easier at around 5.30. Arriving in time for a leisurely breakfast and coffee with the news is the best part of the working day. If I take

just an extra 1/2 hour in bed then the difference is massive.

Same here. If iam out the door by 5.45 Iam at work by 6.45, If I leave home at 6.15 Iam lucky to make the 8.00 start time.

Nice hot coffee and answer some work email in the peace and quiet suits me just fine..... plus the early start allows me to sneak early on Friday to beat the traffic and get home whilst it is still daylight !!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Surprisingly, no alcohol = good sleep, one of the first things on quitting drinking is real deep sleep without interruption.

In the Netherlands weed = much better sleep then alcohol.

I now found dream juice from Belgium gives me a good sleep too (legal)

But i wake up around 5-6 but fall asleep again. Before I had problems with insomnia woke up every 2 hours hated it. Now for some reason that has changed and i can sleep semi normal waking up just a few times. 

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

wow, I am impressed with you guys, I thought I was one of just a few, it certainly sounds like it around here, its so quiet. Birds just started up, so another tropical day starts.  

This time of year 6 am is a great time to go on morning walk or bike ride.    

Then have a nice coffee, breakfast around 7.     Still quiet ( where i am)

• Like 2