5 am and Getting Up

Pilotman

Just now, colinneil said:

I usually wake around 5, give the wife a nudge around 5.30 come on woman get up make my coffee.

She gets up, lets the dogs off, makes me toast and coffee, brings it to me, then comes back 10 minutes later see if i want more, isnt life perfect?????

you got a good one.     

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

You and I are just different I hate to bother people with my problems. I am the one with insomnia and I would hate it for my partner to suffer because of my problems. 

making 3in1 coffee is just pouring water with a satchel.. i mean does not get much easier then that.

Whatever works for you just not my choice of things. 

Getting out of bed to make a coffee is hardly suffering.

"Making 3in1 coffee is just pouring water with a satchel.. i mean does not get much easier then that."

So you say robblok.

But; do you put in the water and then the powder; or t'other way round? What temperature is the water; do you get it to boiling, then let it cool? Or do you put your finger in the water - on the way to boiling - to get an accurate sense of when it's perfect? Is it wise to add a pinch more of sugar or coffeemate; if using a big cup? Use the packet to stir, or a spoon?!

I don't want to have to worry about this stuff. Better for me to give the wife 20 baht to make it for me, and if it tastes really good; a 10 baht tip.

So; for getting up for 20 minutes in the night she has earned 30 baht. Easy money!

Just now, owl sees all said:

Getting out of bed to make a coffee is hardly suffering.

"Making 3in1 coffee is just pouring water with a satchel.. i mean does not get much easier then that."

So you say robblok.

But; do you put in the water and then the powder; or t'other way round? What temperature is the water; do you get it to boiling, then let it cool? Or do you put your finger in the water - on the way to boiling - to get an accurate sense of when it's perfect? Is it wise to add a pinch more of sugar or coffeemate; if using a big cup? Use the packet to stir, or a spoon?!

I don't want to have to worry about this stuff. Better for me to give the wife 20 baht to make it for me, and if it tastes really good; a 10 baht tip.

So; for getting up for 20 minutes in the night she has earned 30 baht. Easy money!

Your probably taking the <deleted> about the 3 in 1 coffee, because anyone not able to figure that one out must have really limited mental capabilities. 

As for the coffee tasting extra good.. no clue how it can differ with a 3 in 1 package. 

And 30 bt to wake up 3am at night.. I havent been with any woman who thought that was worth the money. IMHO there is no worse thing then having my sleep disturbed. 

Then again the woman I have been with usually had a job too and had to wake up on time for said job. Disturbing someone at night is who has to wake up for a job is just cruel and really selfish. So I would never do that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

This morning as most mornings, I usually woke up at 5 am sexually aroused.

Had some fresh coffee just bought a expresso machine, its great.

The caffeine actually enhances my mood.

Got on the dating sites 20 year old was at my room by 6:30 am.

Great time, went out for breakfast after, I came back to my room and took a short nap.

Oh, the good life in Thailand!

You too? I think it bewilders my GF when I am hot to trot at 4.30 am. Luckily, she always gets up at 5 am, so it's just a bit of extra work for her.

follow up on my OP this morning. Now its 4 pm and it's my turn to cook a nice meal, having shopped in Big C.  I am dog tried, can't see properly because of it, drinking beer and cooking.  What could possibly go wrong? 

Awake around 3:30, roll out at 4, putz around, have a coffee and banana while reading the headlines and on my bicycle by 5:30 for a 25 to 50k ride, is a typical morning

Up at 04:30 every morning. Lay my jigsaw mats indoors; shave; prepare water for washing exercise clothes; 05:10-05:20 don w/out clothes and begin w/o; finish w/o approx 06:45; wash w/o clothes then shower; breakfast (mug of tea, cornflakes and fruit) and before 08:00 got the rest of the day to do this & that. Always drinking water throughout the day in addition to several mugs of tea, Ha! Always do some stretching etc. before shower and going to bed but times vary. Usually get 3 hours sleep before needing the toilet.????

2 minutes ago, robert888d said:

I always wake up about 5.30am no matter what time I go to bed and get up about 6am.I  envy Thai people who are able to sleep and sleep 

hahahaha yeah they can sleep.

I do grocery shopping every saturday, foodland is open 24/7 but be damned if I can get the missus awake/showered/dressed/not in a filthy mood cause she been woken out the door before 8am...

Had my way I'd have grocery shopping done by 5am !!

I usually wake up about 5:30, with first light of the day. Sun rise in Pattaya is just before 6am.

I don't really understand people going for a run at 4am when it's still dark night??

Even worse when it is for a bike ride at 4am. Seems rather dangerous to me...

I would be also curious to know at what time people go to sleep. I bet that if they wake up at 3am then they didn't go to bed at the end of the movie near midnight... ????

• Sad 1

Wake up around 5am every day. Drink a bottle of water and out to the garden tend and harvest. Living in the countryside days start early for most.  Being the only non-Thai in the village initially got a lot of stares working in the early am, now greetings and farming talk as much as I can understand the language. The monk from the local temple even brought me some plants to start.  Not much to do in the hot of the day outside so morning is a beautiful time as are the hour naps during the day. 

• Like 1

I'm a certified insomniac, only sleep 3-4 hours, at best 5 hours a night, have done all my life.

Over the years I've developed the art of creeping around the house without waking wives, children up in the early morning hours.

I love the early morning, it's my quiet time. Back in the day, I used to watch a lot of overnight TV which meant I ended up purchasing a lot of useless kitchen appliances and knives from infomercials.

Thank God the internet appeared!

It's 4am in the morning here, been awake for a few hours. Wife is snoring away in the bedroom, both the cats are passed out on the couch next to me.

My wife will be asleep for a few more hours, since like most Thai women, she actually is like the cats, she lives to eat and sleep! LOL

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

I usually wake up about 5:30, with first light of the day. Sun rise in Pattaya is just before 6am.

I don't really understand people going for a run at 4am when it's still dark night??

Even worse when it is for a bike ride at 4am. Seems rather dangerous to me...

I would be also curious to know at what time people go to sleep. I bet that if they wake up at 3am then they didn't go to bed at the end of the movie near midnight... ????

On the weekends (beer consumption allowing) I'll chuck the treadly in the back of the pickup and drive out to the lake and do a lap or 2.... very pleasant and not remotely dangerous at 4am.

Weekdays I generally try to be in bed by 10.30pm.

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

follow up on my OP this morning. Now its 4 pm and it's my turn to cook a nice meal, having shopped in Big C.  I am dog tried, can't see properly because of it, drinking beer and cooking.  What could possibly go wrong? 

Make a salad = you can't be trusted with fire.....

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, simon43 said:

I get up at 4.45am every day, go for a 4Km jog around the town, start my online teaching at 7am, usually have a catnap in the middle of the day, finish teaching by 9pm, (but I have a break from about 11am-3pm).  Easy life ????

Forgot to mention my early morning snack of fresh ginger tea and a banana!

Green Matcha for me 

I'd love to be up early to see the sun rise but my body clock refuses to change. I hope it will change in the future, but at the moment if I'm up before 8:30 I've done well. My morning coffee is my main motivation to get up. Grinding my home roasted beans in the morning gets the day going.

14 hours ago, Pilotman said:

wow, I am impressed with you guys, I thought I was one of just a few, it certainly sounds like it around here, its so quiet. Birds just started up, so another tropical day starts.  

Ha, ha, only a few?? Only 5, sorry 3 persons answer your question.

I'm wake up about 3:00 or 4:00 to take a pee, when you get older you'll have to go one or two, sometimes 3 times a night.

If I lucky, I can sleep until 6, but many times birds are nocking at the window, or of course one of the 3 roosters keep me wake up. And yes I have earplugs against that.

At 6:15 I take a ride on my bicycle for 30 minutes, after that, breakfast, easy with coffee, and after that a shower to start my day....every day holiday, until I.....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pilotman said:

wow, I am impressed with you guys, I thought I was one of just a few, it certainly sounds like it around here, its so quiet. Birds just started up, so another tropical day starts.  

May I ask what time you go to bed, 9-10pm? 

4 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Up at 04:30 every morning. Lay my jigsaw mats indoors; shave; prepare water for washing exercise clothes; 05:10-05:20 don w/out clothes and begin w/o; finish w/o approx 06:45; wash w/o clothes then shower; breakfast (mug of tea, cornflakes and fruit) and before 08:00 got the rest of the day to do this & that. Always drinking water throughout the day in addition to several mugs of tea, Ha! Always do some stretching etc. before shower and going to bed but times vary. Usually get 3 hours sleep before needing the toilet.????

image.jpeg.ed9f942ff4a18c1c5168a43e29255fe0.jpeg