5 am and Getting Up

Pilotman

Woken EVERY morning at 03:00 with the stable tips from my overseas racing colleagues. 

In order to obtain best prices I then immediately log into various websites to further research the tips before placing bets. 

Never go back to bed after this daily ritual. Instead make a coffee and download and read the morning newspapers from the homeland. 

Will also scan the sports TV channels and see if anything’s on.  Presently 03:45 and watching Man U Vs Brighton. 

Best time of the day. Gets better in a few hours when the nags start winning at those (much higher) early-bird odds obtained at 03:00  ????

If you live outside the big cities, near a rural area, close a temple, you know when it's 4am because the Bells ring. By 5am it's the birds, roosters and dogs that should wake you. If that doesn't work there's always the Kubodas rubbing past. If you're still dozing at 6am the Town Cryer announcing the local news events with his music blasting full noise might rouse you. After this, if you're still away with the fairies, the sun should do the job . If I've had an unusually long sleep because I'm extra tired, the trickle of sweat running off my brow and into my eye signifies it's time to wake up and enjoy another day in paradise ! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SakonTom said:

If you live outside the big cities, near a rural area, close a temple, you know when it's 4am because the Bells ring. By 5am it's the birds, roosters and dogs that should wake you. If that doesn't work there's always the Kubodas rubbing past. If you're still dozing at 6am the Town Cryer announcing the local news events with his music blasting full noise might rouse you. 

H..ha..ha-spot on!

I was usually up by break of day...roosters,dogs etc..etc.I used to love listening to the monks chanting...

22 hours ago, mosan said:

Are you aware that even green tea has caffeine?

Yeah, a little amount - less than black tea and coffee - which I limit to drink once a day. I would suggest that coffee  (as noted on this topic) is more addictive, and generally people drink several cups throughout the day - which IMO, is not the healthiest choice. In fact, natural spring water is the healthiest of all drinks...  

15 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

My wife will be asleep for a few more hours, since like most Thai women, she actually is like the cats, she lives to eat and sleep! LOL

Don't take that analogy too far, have you ever heard cats having sex?

• Haha 1

Usually wake by 5:30, get breakfast started for my wife and I. She wakes at 6:00 and we eat outside on the porch. Sometimes the village music starts before the man on the loudspeaker starts his daily routine of news. Now we have a rooster who does his thing at the same time. Always see a nice sunrise unless it's cloudy. People going to the farms around our house, soi dogs looking for love in all the wrong places. Birds singing. The temple gong. Typical morning.

Edited by fredwiggy