Follow Up Report For Bank Balance Still Required?

patsfangr

It is some months since I did my extension, but at the time no mention was made to return to show I still had the 800k. It has been an on/off/on requirement at Pattaya and very few other places. I would not have risked going back either as it was at the height of risk and Pattaya Immigration was crowded with Europeans and precautions minimal!

I have been updating my passbook regularly so can demonstrate compliance next time, it is that, or an agent! 

On 6/30/2020 at 10:06 AM, Kerryd said:

If it was me, I'd make sure I updated my bankbook, made my photocopies and went there on the 90 day mark and tell them that you don't have the "appointment" slip. It's just a printed piece of paper showing the part of the regulations about how long the money has to be in the account and a checklist of the paperwork that needs to be submitted with it as well as the IO (or whatever that young guy is) initials and the date it's due on it. They can easily just hand you a new copy, date and initial it on the spot then staple the rest of your paperwork to it.

Or you can ignore it and hope that they don't deny your next extension. The requirement to prove your balance seems redundant because they can simply check your bank balance when you apply for your next extension and then deny it if they see you took the money out too soon.
(Unless the idea is that they may cancel your current extension if you take the money out before the appropriate date. Haven't heard of them doing that to anyone though. Yet.)

A slam dunk!

On 6/30/2020 at 9:08 AM, lopburi3 said:

The requirement is 2 months prior to 3 months after extension of stay application at 800k or more and all year at 400k or more and have seen report of person going below 800k 2 weeks early and losing extension so be careful.  Sorry can not answer on Pattaya requirements to show at present.  

With strictness that harsh, it seems they are trying to push more people to go the agent route, in which case reporting balances is no longer required throughout the year. Business is slow.

Edit: Yes, Pattaya has the same requirements.

Edited by JensenZ