What Car?

17 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Mg is made in Thailand, China and some of MG's research, development and design still takes place out of the Longbridge site, I think they do this so they can say British made. I had a look at the MG here in Thailand and I asked the sales lady where the car is made, she said England! 

Chonburi.

13 hours ago, SinCityGr8One said:

After 1 Datsun, 4 Nissans and 3 Toyotas, I went and got me a Suzuki Claz in NOV 2019. 4 door GL Plus Model with the wing on the boot. Also the Dealer threw in window tint all around for free. First Suzuki for me and I love it! Comfortable ride, cold A/C and plenty of power. Hit the 9,000 Km range with 0 problems. Check it out as it should be in your budget range. Plus dress up add on's are available from Lazada.

My wife has a 3 year old Suzuki Claz good car but the Mazda is a better car for holding the road, I personally would not buy a Suzuki

14 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Apparently not, it seems that you're wrong there, also...

"Thank you all for your replies.  I forgot to include the MG at 799,000"

Sorry you could not see my whitisissum...????

The Chinese MG is like a lot of bought up famous brand names, to make folk think it was a totally British car, when in fact it ain't. They even have the front to put a union jack on the back.

MG's are not produced in the UK, mainly China, it seems..

The MG Extender is a Chinese pickup with an MG badge..

You want an MG, then you are buying Chinese, not a British performance ride.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, GuyFawkes said:

Thank you all for your replies.  I forgot to include the MG at 799,000 but I am not sure about reliability or servicing availability.

NEW MG ZS

1.5L X

NEW MG ZS

1.5L X

Hearing their reputation, I would advise steering clear of MG.  They look nice, but the build is apparently suspect.  For me, it would be Toyota, Vios or Yaris. Very happy with my 3 year old Vios.  It is certainly a basic car, it doesn't even have intermittent wiper setting, but it does the trick. Never had an issue with it. 

23 hours ago, Lacessit said:

MG's are Chinese owned. Apart from any reliability or servicing issues, I would not be helping the economy of a country that has wrecked so many others.

you must have sacrificed plenty in the last few month then.

one can only imagine you half naked in a cave sitting by a fire. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, transam said:

The Chinese MG is like a lot of bought up famous brand names, to make folk think it was a totally British car, when in fact it ain't. They even have the front to put a union jack on the back.

MG's are not produced in the UK, mainly China, it seems..

The MG Extender is a Chinese pickup with an MG badge..

You want an MG, then you are buying Chinese, not a British performance ride.

Not one person on this thread has suggested otherwise yet you continue to bang on about it's being Chinese.

13 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Not one person on this thread has suggested otherwise yet you continue to bang on about it's being Chinese.

I know, I am a loner.....:stoner:.......

But, the car is built with Chinese stuff with a British tag, that's why it is cheaper than the rest, the name/Logo sells...????

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Jakob Clements said:

Vios is a very cost-effective scooter. I have seen its introduction on the website before, and I think it is quite good. It is very suitable for work, and the price is not very expensive. But this website is in Thai, you can use translation software to read

https://www.autofun.co.th/cars/toyota/vios

Vios is a car....

https://www.toyota.co.th/model/vios/specification

On 6/29/2020 at 7:23 PM, Lacessit said:

He's asking about sedans, not trucks.

The OP could also spend considerably less buying a low mileage secondhand vehicle.

As he says, Vios and City seem the best on paper. Vios would get my vote because every mechanic in Thailand knows them.

Agreed. If living in a big city servicing is not a problem with any marque but once outside best to get something with loads of parts and that mechanics are familiar with.