Thai driving: Woman smashes up the DLT - on her TEST!

webfact

14 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:
8 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

That's the trouble with manual vehicles - 3 of those silly pedals to choose from

What makes you think there were three? ????

and Not forgetting the HandBrake - the Assessor could have Used!! 

I'll never forget the day I took my drivers exam. That morning, my Mother let me drive the family car, a 1963 Chrysler New Yorker to Bowling Green, Mo to take the drivers exam. There were about 10 people queued in the rotunda of the Pike Co Mo. Courthouse when we arrived and 2 examiners. I was calm upon arrival, but as someone my age had failed the exam and as it was getting closer to calling my name, the nerves kicked in. There was an older partially grey haired woman sitting with a early 30's woman with 2 small children, in the seats in front of my Mother and I. The examiner called out a name and the older woman arose. I knew I was next, so I went over to the doorway and watched the examiner walk around the car, checking that all the lights on the woman's vehicle were functional and then get in the passenger seat. Then the woman started backing from the diagonal parking space, straight into the side of a car passing behind her on the street. The examiner got out, walked around the front of the car all the while, writing on his clipboard. When he got to the drivers side window, he spoke briefly with her and handed her the failed exam receipt. I went back to my seat, telling my mom what had happened and the younger woman overheard and grabbed the 2 kids and was out the door. Then that same examiner came back inside and called my named. When it came time for me to back out, I made damn sure the traffic was clear. I passed the test with a score of 96.     

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Medical certificates could determine if someone was fit to drive but the real question was how much experience the applicant has; that needs to be determined in a practical test. 

Nah , One gets their experience After one gets their License ,Isn't that the way it works?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

That's the trouble with manual vehicles - 3 of those silly pedals to choose from

Hang on mate, I have 3 Pedals my car is 24 years old no airbags no nothing and I never

had an accident since I was 18 years old now I am 73.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

She was told to go away, get some experience and come back for another test. 

In the same car that she has just smashed into the wall with? Told by the same people that just failed her and fined her for not being able to drive?

It really is unbelievable.

The driving instructor should be fined for putting the woman in danger.  His only job is to stop cars from plowing into offices and he failed.

Edited by johnray
  • Haha 1

Oh come on guys , give her a brake break , have to make allowances for lady drivers . I hear that Toyota are bringing out a new car aimed at the female drivers by popular demand it has no reverse gear .

22 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

All over Asia, the poor driving habit of using both feet to drive, one on the accelerator and one on the brake. 

Stupid, illegal and fraught with danger. 

In an emergency, they stamp both feet and the engine overrides the brakes. 

13 hours ago, digger70 said:

Nah , One gets their experience After one gets their License ,Isn't that the way it works?

Yep the first license is a provisional, drive on the road for 2 years then get the full

5 yr license.