Pattaya: Immigration police raid Walking Street - 17 Indians/Nepalis found on overstay

webfact

Pattaya: Immigration police raid Walking Street - 17 Indians/Nepalis found on overstay

4pm.jpg
Picture: Naew Na

Thailand's national immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang attended a press conference flanked by heavily armed commandos to announce the arrest of a group of Indians and Nepalis in Pattaya.

Region 3 of his immigration men had been alerted by a member of the public that there was some illegal activity in the area with people on suspected overstay.

Seventeen were arrested. 

4pm1.jpg
Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na said this was part of policies to keep Thailand safe and sound; policies that come down from the top level of government and through the RTP. 

In a departure from their normal stories this report did not contain a number to ring to report foreigners.

Source: Naew Na

• Haha 1

Yeah, if your permission to stay was expired previous to the Amnesty, then you are on overstay. 

The article mentions "illegal activity" by people "on suspected of overstay".

So they were up to no good of some kind, got reported and the cops found 17 were on overstay.

As for the Nepalese, their reputation has been somewhat exaggerated by the exploits of the Gurkhas (and Sherpas). I saw that first hand when I was in Croatia back in the winter of 92/93 and when I was working in Afghanistan and we had a lot of Nepalese employees. (My mechanic was Nepalese actually.)
Most of them are just ordinary, dedicated, hard working people. 

They aren't all supermen or lethal killers. ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Why are they wearing arctic cam?

Maybe they thought they were going to raid the -11o Ice Bar on soi 15 (Walking Street) ? Or maybe they'd been training at that "Frost Magical Ice of Siam" place out on highway 36 and got sent to Walking Street before they could change into more appropriate cam pattern clothing ? 

41 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Heavily armed commandos... is that the mexican cartel they are trying to apprehend of some gome guys cowring in rundown shophouse?...

Lesson  number one in the Police: "it matters what you look like, not what you achieve".  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Can't have them all in black any more. Not with BLM and all that malarkey. Shows an 'understanding and inclusive' SWAT team.

AFAIK, only the Kiwi's can be all-black (for now).

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sungod said:

They thought they had better do a bit of white and a bit of black just in case they upset anyone from both sides of the divide

• Like 1

Hmmmmm, just thought, perhaps the BLM thing has hit LOS, so now the BiB attention is focused on the in between colour for no hassle...Weeeell, anything is possible after the stuff I have been reading...????