BANGKOK
London Boy

Just turned 50. Can I convert my TV into a Non O?

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, London Boy said:

I don’t receive a pension but have a decent income through a number of rental properties in London.

Great way to build assets. If they don't accept rental income, get a mortgage in one of the proerty for 800K BHT and put it in a Thai bank for applying based on "money in the bank" method. You can repay the mortgage using rental incomes. Mortgage rate being so low through out the world right now, it won't cost you too much, I guess. 

Ignore it. Read you have a New Zealand passport. So you would be able to get an "embassy letter". Keep bringing 65K around the first week of every month and In case they give you problem, just hire an agent and get it done for around 5K (in Pattaya)

Edited by Mulambana
  • Confused 1

On 6/30/2020 at 10:31 AM, London Boy said:

Thanks for the info, i didn't even know you could apply on line. Can you send me the link?

Go and see an agent and save yourself all the hassle, there is a good one in Bangkok.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Go and see an agent and save yourself all the hassle, there is a good one in Bangkok.

What hassle?  It's child's play if you follow the instructions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/30/2020 at 10:31 AM, London Boy said:

Thanks for the info, i didn't even know you could apply on line. Can you send me the link?

The short answer is: You can't. Don't listen to people who doesn't have a clue. 

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

The short answer is: You can't. Don't listen to people who doesn't have a clue. 

You can apply online from abroad , I supplied the link and tried to do so myself and it was there that it was stated that property income will not be accepted as retirement income  and I was passing on that info , although it may be different if you are applying from within Thailand  

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You can apply online from abroad , I supplied the link and tried to do so myself and it was there that it was stated that property income will not be accepted as retirement income  and I was passing on that info , although it may be different if you are applying from within Thailand  

You were reading information from the Thai Embassy website for applying online for a Non O Visa in the UK.

The OP is already in Thailand on a Tourist Visa, but wants to apply for a change in Visa status to a Non O, using form TM87.

It's an internal application process at a Thai Immigration office in Thailand and cannot be completed online, only in person.

Edited by Tanoshi

Thanks for all the replies. I’ve already made an appointment with the NZ Embassy for an income affidavit (cost is ฿1400). Once I have that will I still need Thai bank statements and proof of source of income?

It's either an Embassy Income letter, OR proof of income funds. (Bank statements/Passbooks)

Theoretically you shouldn't need anything more than the Embassy letter, but a good idea to take along some form of proof of income, just in case they request it.

Thanks for all the useful replies. One last question before I head to Chaeng Wattana next Wednesday. I’m currently using my gf’s motorbike but don’t have a Thai Motorbike Licence. I’ve been told before I can apply for a licence i need to obtain a residence certificate or some kind of certified proof of address. Do I get this from the NZ Embassy or Chaeng Wattana?

8 minutes ago, London Boy said:

I’ve been told before I can apply for a licence i need to obtain a residence certificate or some kind of certified proof of address. Do I get this from the NZ Embassy or Chaeng Wattana?

You will not be able to get one from Chaeng Wattana immigration until you have done your first 90 day report to them. That would mean about a 5 month wait before you can get one.

Maybe best to get one from your embassy.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not be able to get one from Chaeng Wattana immigration until you have done your first 90 day report to them. That would mean about a 5 month wait before you can get one.

Maybe best to get one from your embassy.

Okay I’ll ask them for one at my appointment next Tuesday. Is that also what I need to be able to buy a car in my name (in cash no finance)?

19 minutes ago, London Boy said:

Okay I’ll ask them for one at my appointment next Tuesday. Is that also what I need to be able to buy a car in my name (in cash no finance)?

You will need one for the drivers license and another one for the car's registration.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need one for the drivers license and another one for the car's registration.

Thanks Ubonjoe. Whats the exact wording, I'll send them an email now. 'Residence Certificate'?

13 minutes ago, London Boy said:

Thanks Ubonjoe. Whats the exact wording, I'll send them an email now. 'Residence Certificate'?

Not sure about yours but some call it a proof of address declaration.

The correct name used on immigration's application form is certificate of residency.

• Like 1