Just turned 50. Can I convert my TV into a Non O?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 10:52 AM, ubonjoe said:

No you do not have to leave the country to apply for a non-o visa.

You would extend the 90 day entry from the visa,. Visas are not extended.

Do you know, does this apply only to retirement and marriage - any way to apply for (convert from tourist MEV to ) a Non O visiting child visa at immigration in country?? Thanks. 

On 6/30/2020 at 10:41 AM, JackThompson said:

OP: Please report back on whether:

- They date your 30-day extension from the date you applied - not from when your last stamped permitted-stay (60-days) ran out (would be useless, if the latter)
 - They allow you to apply for the Non-O 90-day from this
 - If they make issues about you using income proven by embassy-letter to apply for the Non-O 90-day

This info can help others with similar situations.

On my request he opened a thread on the Forum sharing the experience with his successful application for the benefit of other TVF members in similar situation.

Here the link > https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1173073-succcess-converted-my-tv-into-a-non-o-on-tuesday-almost/?do=findComment&comment=15621206

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jay88 said:

Do you know, does this apply only to retirement and marriage - any way to apply for (convert from tourist MEV to ) a Non O visiting child visa at immigration in country?? Thanks. 

If on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry (or the 30 day extension of one) you can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) visa at immigration.

Requirements for the application is here. http://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

• Like 1