BANGKOK
webfact

China passes Hong Kong security law amid global opposition

4 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

'Security' is really total control, loss of freedom and opression. Pity they were not so secure where ever the CCP virus started from

they let the Virus get away, so they're hedging their Bets

- hoping to still be able to get to 2 (HK and Taiwan) out of 3 

Posted (edited)

America obviously has internal issues now, so I'm waiting with bated breath for the UK and Europe to rise to the China threat. Which is tantamount to waiting for Hell to freeze over.

I can't even recall the UK or Europe indulging in strong language against China. They cannot even summons the initiative to make verbal threats. Shockingly, China is not terribly concerned what the UK or Europe has to say about the matter.

Edited by OZinPattaya
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

If you are a member of the CCP in China this is what "global opposition" means. Lots and lots of talk, zero action. I mean, seriously, is the UK going to face the China threat alone? Of course not. Is the EU? What exactly is the EU? Does the EU even know? Let's put the EU and the UK together and see what we get. Not sure what that is, but if I am a member of the CCP I don't think I'm going to lose any sleep over it. Would you?

Got ten times more confidence in the East Indians, who actually know how to pull a trigger, than in all of the UK and Europe combined.

Edited by OZinPattaya
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, OZinPattaya said:

If you are a member of the CCP in China this is what "global opposition" means. Lots and lots of talk, zero action. I mean, seriously, is the UK going to face the China threat alone? Of course not. Is the EU? What exactly is the EU? Does the EU even know? Let's put the EU and the UK together and see what we get. Not sure what that is, but if I am a member of the CCP I don't think I'm going to lose any sleep over it. Would you?

In times of economic disaster war has traditionally been the answer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

At least for the 'few' who may survive they will have something to do .. Trying to rebuild it all ..... And we say that humans are the intelligent spices 😉 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'd say more than "traditionally." There is also the Thucydides Trap. Very hard to work your way around that one. But there is this perception that the war will be between the US and China. Nothing could be further from the truth. This will not be a war that will countenance neutral countries.

Be great to see them handle them BLM Looters the west dont smash down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OZinPattaya said:

America obviously has internal issues now, so I'm waiting with bated breath for the UK and Europe to rise to the China threat. Which is tantamount to waiting for Hell to freeze over.

I can't even recall the UK or Europe indulging in strong language against China. They cannot even summons the initiative to make verbal threats. Shockingly, China is not terribly concerned what the UK or Europe has to say about the matter.

You call yourself OZinPattaya, are you actually from Australia ?  Stop having a pop at Britain and Europe. Since when has Australia been in the anti-China brigade ?
Australia exports massive amounts of coal and iron ore to China. Supposedly, you're more likely to see Chinese people in Melbourne and Sydney than in London. How many Chinese students are there in Australia ?

You should look at yourself BEFORE you start critising other people.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There's that massive trade deficit that America has got with China. So, fight a war against China, the US government thinks that America is certain to win, that way, clear the deficit.

As in, China has a vast amount of US government bonds. It's a problem for America, and winning a war against China will solve the problem.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OZinPattaya said:

Got ten times more confidence in the East Indians, who actually know how to pull a trigger, than in all of the UK and Europe combined.

Them East Indians ?  You've got confidence in them ?  Look , they're not going to fight a war against China.
What about the West Indians ? Them people. They're not going to fight a war against China. Why on earth would they do such a thing ? Why on earth would anybody want to fight a war against China ? There's no reason for it.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:

You call yourself OZinPattaya, are you actually from Australia ?  Stop having a pop at Britain and Europe. Since when has Australia been in the anti-China brigade ?
Australia exports massive amounts of coal and iron ore to China. Supposedly, you're more likely to see Chinese people in Melbourne and Sydney than in London. How many Chinese students are there in Australia ?

You should look at yourself BEFORE you start critising other people.

That's why you've sold your soul to China. You're more concerned with the money you make in your exports to China than you are in your own sovereignty. Australia has already decided its fate where China is concerned. That doesn't mean the rest of Western Civilization should follow suit.

I think there are a lot of Australians right now who are questioning the ultimate wisdom of their relationship with China, especially the ones who find themselves priced out of starter homes thanks to predatory Chinese real estate speculation.

Edited by OZinPattaya
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Them East Indians ?  You've got confidence in them ?  Look , they're not going to fight a war against China.
What about the West Indians ? Them people. They're not going to fight a war against China. Why on earth would they do such a thing ? Why on earth would anybody want to fight a war against China ? There's no reason for it.

Tell China that.

1 hour ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Yeah, I got a lot of confidence in the East Indians. China threw everything it had at them and it wasn't much. I reckon it would take the US about 3 weeks to utterly decimate the Chinese military, and that's without the help from the UK and the EU. So long as we don't try to occupy China--the great folly America has fallen into time and time again--I don't see a problem here. It's that or a cold economic war, which I actually prefer.

• Like 1

South china sea and Taiwan next trump won’t do anything but squeak a little bit and they know it 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Especially if you have 34 million males you need to dispose of:

Out of China’s population of 1.4 billion, there are nearly 34 million more males than females — the equivalent of almost the entire population of California, or Poland, who will never find wives and only rarely have sex.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/world/too-many-men/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1