Thai tourist arrivals to plunge 80% this year - industry body

webfact

1 hour ago, elliss said:

Thais voted for this Goverments , so they deserve the consequences ..

Yep, because a portion of people in Bangkok voted for them everyone deserves to suffer from unemployment and catastrophic economic failure and the country should die.

What a cruel and disgusting thing to wish upon a people.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Married foreigners can get back in...  they have to apply for a Certificate of Entry, not as simple as just jumping on a flight, but still possible nonetheless.

Unfortunately those who are currently UK spouses of Thai Nationals can not apply for “any” entry to Thailand at present, I have an email confirmed from the Thai embassy In London 2 days ago. 

On 7/1/2020 at 1:33 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Married foreigners can get back in...  they have to apply for a Certificate of Entry, not as simple as just jumping on a flight, but still possible nonetheless.

They have to apply for the certificate at the Thai consulate. They also need to have a medically certified Corvid-free test no older that 72 hour before departure, and they must have this verified at the consulate before taking the flight. The flight will cost about £700 one way  - non refundable if the certification is not forth-coming. Then, on arrival in Thailand, pay for 14 days in a hotel a between 2,500 and 5,000  a night.  I think  that (1)  they did not think this one through or (2)  they do not want us back.  I shall spend the next few months (?or more) waiting for this to improve

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Not many Thais I know voted for this, what you call government

that government was self elected and all opposing parties banned.

Get your facts right.

So what is the alternative to a Military Junta ?.

i eager to have your factual opinion ..

21 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Yep, because a portion of people in Bangkok voted for them everyone deserves to suffer from unemployment and catastrophic economic failure and the country should die.

What a cruel and disgusting thing to wish upon a people.

The consequences of Democracy ..

23 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

What usually happens is there's a fight and it splits in two, unless the other side is obliterated. Thais are way too languid and sedate to do that, as we have seen. So they deserve their "government" by virtue of not resisting.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 10:02 PM, Meat Pie 47 said:

Not many Thais I know voted for this, what you call government

that government was self elected and all opposing parties banned.

Get your facts right.

Hopefully  the many Thais you reckon to know,

have the balls too change this , Junta .

Doubt it .  Get your facts right ...

26 minutes ago, elliss said:

Hopefully  the many Thais you reckon to know,

have the balls too change this , Junta .

Doubt it .  Get your facts right ...

Are you polishing boots as well?I know 2344 plus Thais

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Are you polishing boots as well?I know 2344 plus Thais

Links ..

Got one up on you , i know 2345 ...

On 7/1/2020 at 4:05 PM, Blumpie said:

Well at least people are finally wrapping their heads around the "there will be no tourism this year" scenario.  

In order to get tourism you must 1)  Open.  2)  Have people willing to come for a vacation.  

1 or 2 is not happening.  2 does not count for a few hundred old men coming to find their "lover".  

1 isn't happening

2  people are willing to come , if there are flights and the country is relative safe . Sure , it would not be like 2018 or 19 , more like a 50-60% reduction , but people would still come if they were able too , in a reasonable way . In Europe people are traveling , sure with precautions and regulations and less then other years but it is happening .

On 7/1/2020 at 9:07 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Why so negative with the old man rant?

If you wanted me to rant I could, but it's not worth it.  

For the few that make sweet love to someone that could be their daughter, buying it - you're just Gross if you do.  ????  Gross with a capital G.  

5 hours ago, sezze said:

1 isn't happening

2  people are willing to come , if there are flights and the country is relative safe . Sure , it would not be like 2018 or 19 , more like a 50-60% reduction , but people would still come if they were able too , in a reasonable way . In Europe people are traveling , sure with precautions and regulations and less then other years but it is happening .

That's to not too.  

I disagree with your numbers.  You cannot get reasonable health care insurance right now unfortunately and people, despite Thailand doing extremely well, are scared.  

It's ok though - we will both know what numbers are right and I'm just barfing out my personal opinions.