Insurance Cover for USD100,000 Stipulated for all Returning Foreigners

ASEAN NOW Sales

15 hours ago, peterwa1 said:

Why not require as Cambodia is   DEPOSIT 3000$ on entry to cover Covid costs   recoverable on departure

That would not be enough, the average cost for covid treatment has run around one million baht, that is from a story a month or so ago. It would be a 30,000 dollar deposit.

'Insurance coverage for 100,000 USD'

Yet extension for annual visas only required to have 400,000 baht for inpatient coverage according to Immigration regulations? Why aren't Immigration rules not followed by CAAT who seems to require a much higher level of coverage?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, peterwa1 said:

Why not require as Cambodia is   DEPOSIT 3000$ on entry to cover Covid costs   recoverable on departure

Cambodia also requires insurance but I think it is $50,000.

• Like 2

On 6/30/2020 at 4:11 PM, kevinsan said:

Teachers and students insured for 100k. Maybe after the dollar devaluation.

How are they or schools gonna pay for this?

whats happening w teachers here 

I read a good teacher can get any salary he asks for.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh dear   ! ...... everybody is jumping up & down about insurance ....  SCB bank COVID19 cover 499 baht LOL   !!!  

oooooh I can see the chinese trying to haggle that 499 down if they need a policy too!!!!

might have to throw in a free mama cup!

13 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I was just quoted 4000 baht (still good!) for a 3 month trip (travel insurance) and 4M baht of coverage by them. Its CHUBB insurance btw so probably cheaper to go direct to them. Not sure of policy details though.

Will CHUBB cover my cost for tummy tuck when i try to get in on medical pass?   Chubb-tummy....hey-yo!

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

Where did you read that? Can you provide a link please?

TIA

I read from Richard Barrow that it is something that some ministry (I forget which one) might take up.

I haven't read that it has happened.

20 hours ago, Lacessit said:

If you are over 75, can't even get it. 133,000 baht in the 71 - 75 age group, they are dreaming.

Nobody is coming to Thailand with these hurdles. Guess the ladies of Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok will just have to go back to the rice fields, lots of hotels going bust.

Shooting oneself in the foot springs to mind.

For that amount  I can fill and ship a small container at my planned leave Thailand in May2022 so better invested in "the move "  Haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonray said:

As a responsible person, I have 2 mil of Aetna coverage

Excuse me but where does being "a responsible person" start? At what level of coverage, based on what criteria? I am still in my '50s and always enjoyed good health. I am retired in Thailand since 2012 (Non-Imm O). Although not required by law, since 2015 I subscribed a local policy for 800,000 THB coverage ("Wealthy-Healty 4000" by Thai Health Insurance Public Company Ltd. which by the way covers Covid-19 too). Until now In 5 years I never used it. Am I being responsible or irresponsible?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, loong said:
On 6/30/2020 at 3:28 PM, ThaivisaSales said:

According to a Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand notification, distributed to Air Operators, the seven groups of foreigners expected to be allowed entry from 1st July, must have appropriate insurance policies.

So does this only apply to foreigners entering by air or by land crossings also?

Since the land borders aren't reopening on 1st July, it's a moot point. However, I think it is safe to assume that once these current insurance requirements have been tried and tested on foreigners entering by air, they will be rolled out to cover those eventually coming in overland as well. Doing anything otherwise would negate the purpose of the whole concept, no?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Camillof said:

Excuse me but where does being "a responsible person" start? At what level of coverage, based on what criteria? I am still in my '50s and always enjoyed good health. I am retired in Thailand since 2012 (Non-Imm O). Although not required by law, since 2015 I subscribed a local policy for 800,000 THB coverage ("Wealthy-Healty 4000" by Thai Health Insurance Public Company Ltd. which by the way covers Covid-19 too). Until now In 5 years I never used it. Am I being responsible or irresponsible?

You are responsible to not give them extra profit …. ????