Insurance Cover for USD100,000 Stipulated for all Returning Foreigners

ASEAN NOW Sales

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh dear   ! ...... everybody is jumping up & down about insurance ....  SCB bank COVID19 cover 499 baht LOL   !!!  

Thanks, I just tried to find it, but no success. Can you please share more contact details; specific website, e.mail address of SCB staff involved, or whatever. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Emdog said:

Rather than hospitals, doctors etc labeling everything/anything covid related, I think they might go the other direction (which they might be doing now). Nothing would be considered virus caused. Lots die from pneumonia, but not covid. If you caved in to buying the virus insurance, and covered nothing else, you're screwed if doc goes along with powers that be story "there are no cases". All those premiums for nothing...

I suppose I could move to Vietnam or other nearby country. Pay for airfare for visits from my Thai wife from time to time.

BUt they didnt label everything/anything Covid.  That was one of the criticisms here and arguements against the low figures they gave out.  Lots 'don't die' from COVID but there is more and more evidence that thse who had it and were hospitalised wil suffer long term effects far worse than having pneumonia including severe lung damage and damage to the brain as well.

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Thanks, I just tried to find it, but no success. Can you please share more contact details; specific website, e.mail address of SCB staff involved, or whatever. Thank you.

As far as I know those bank-issued covid-19 insurance policies do not meet the 100.000 US $ coverage required for such insurance when re-entering Thailand.

But would obviously be interested if there are such cheap policies available that do meet that 100K US $ requirement.

> See my earlier post #100 of an international insurer that provides reasonably priced covid-19 insurance that does meet the requirement.

1 hour ago, Camillof said:

I think you are mixing different issues here. Non-Imm O visa holders are not "tourists". Those many elderlies who reside here with or without a family also bring all of their retirement money here, besides the small capital necessarily deposited in a Thai bank. Thai authorities have all interest in keeping that group here as long as possible IMHO.

True. But what if the Non-O visa holder has to go overseas for medical reasons and then return home to Thailand?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pennine said:

True. But what if the Non-O visa holder has to go overseas for medical reasons and then return home to Thailand?

Understand your point …., but Thailand see the " home to Thailand " different , as category for us is Non Immigrant ...hence the non-O

We are just extended tourists , that's the way they see ,and admit us on their conditions...( sadly enough ) 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Road Warrior said:

Am 79 ys old does that mean as I on retirement extension visea,so can I go to say h/kong for holiday do I then need this insurance ????????   can any body advise please /???

If you leave Thailand you will not at this point be able to re-enter , period

And I don't think you can enter ong Kong as a tourist now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

Yes.

In fact only non-O and business visas (and PRs) able to enter at this time. Tourism is still ocmpletely on hold.

Some groups of Non O I guess , not all ….or am I missing something as a simple not married no children's  ret.ext. Non O ? 

On 6/29/2020 at 10:28 PM, ThaivisaSales said:

The regulations state that passengers must show they have medical insurance which applies in Thailand and covers anything and everything to do with covering COVID19. The minimum medical coverage in Thailand is for an amount of not less than USD100,000.

Although we will not be making our usual 3 month trip to our Thailand home this year I do note that the travel insurance I usually buy with IMG states on their site

COVID19 is not covered.

As of March 27, 2020, the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a warning level 3, "avoid nonessential travel," due to the widespread and ongoing transmission of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The CDC further recommends that travelers avoid all nonessential international travel.

Under the terms and conditions of IMG’s international medical products, if coverage for COVID-19 was not already excluded based upon earlier travel warnings issued by the U.S. Department of State, CDC or other applicable U.S. or foreign government authority, any person who purchases coverage on March 27, 2020 or after or has not entered their destination country by March 27, 2020, will not be eligible for benefits directly or indirectly related to COVID-19.

https://www.imglobal.com/coronavirus

• Thanks 1

Good day gentlemen. Doe's this apply to existing retirement visa holders? I'm 68 and heard about new rules coming into effect last year requiring "proof of insurance" to re-new 1 year extension visa. I report to

Rayong and last September I walked in with all the usual forms..minus insurance documents. And was out

in 5 minutes with new 1 year visa.. I will be going down this September for the next year extension.

Thanks for any help and stay healthy..James

18 hours ago, peterwa1 said:

Why not require as Cambodia is   DEPOSIT 3000$ on entry to cover Covid costs   recoverable on departure

Because they would probably spend it like the security deposit you pay to a Thai landlord.

• Like 2