Insurance Cover for USD100,000 Stipulated for all Returning Foreigners

ASEAN NOW Sales

17 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh dear   ! ...... everybody is jumping up & down about insurance ....  SCB bank COVID19 cover 499 baht LOL   !!!  

I doubt it covers you for $100,000 it most probably covers you for 100,000 Thai baht think you need to look at your policy 

35 minutes ago, Jim Morrison said:

Good day gentlemen. Doe's this apply to existing retirement visa holders? I'm 68 and heard about new rules coming into effect last year requiring "proof of insurance" to re-new 1 year extension visa. I report to

Rayong and last September I walked in with all the usual forms..minus insurance documents. And was out

in 5 minutes with new 1 year visa.. I will be going down this September for the next year extension.

Thanks for any help and stay healthy..James

Hi Jim,

See my post #148 following Sheryl's correct response.

Let me know if your present permission to stay is based on an original Non Imm O-A Visa or on a Non Imm O Visa. 

If it's a Non Imm O, the mandatory IO-approved health-insurance requirement is not applicable for you.  But if you are here on an original Non Imm O-A Visa it does.  And if so I can provide you with a guideline document on how to switch from that Non Imm O-A to a Non Imm O.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Yes.

In fact only non-O and business visas (and PRs) able to enter at this time. Tourism is still ocmpletely on hold.

It is my understanding that those on Extension of stay O visa are excluded from returning to Thailand my wife is one of them and she also tells me to get a $100,000 insurance policy covering Covid 19 as well as a medical certificate stating you are free of the virus is nigh on impossible to get in the U.K. .when the daughter went to her health clinic with our grandson she had to park up in the car park ring the surgery and wait fir the doctor who came out suited and booted like an astronaut he then spoke to her through the closed car door window this was last week in Cheshire . BA have cancelled for the 3rd time my wife’s return flight I will be amazed if I get to see her before September.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 3:28 PM, ThaivisaSales said:

Insurance Cover for USD100,000 Stipulated for all Returning Foreigners

Are these people nuts?  So if I go on holiday to Spain, I am suppose to get a doctors statement from a doctor in Spain within 72 hours of my return to Thailand?  If I am on a cruise ship and docked in Phuket, I am suppose to have a doctors statement and insurance to disembark.  The rules are so onerous that common sense would tell you the only thing you are going to accomplish is for all intents shutting Thailand's borders. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2020 at 1:23 PM, bodga said:

why  waste  time GO DIRECT its  Pacific  Cross  insurance, nice  ad  for  the  broker  though. Dont forget that you can pay  the first "x" amount to reduce these prices.

insurance.jpg

To clarify this policy for age 61 to 65 will provide inpatient cover up to 100,000 USD aprox 3 million baht and just 40 k outpatients for one year for all medical conditions, operations, routine, emergencies and accidents etc.

This is without any copay I presume? will Pacific cross pay directly to the major hospitals here as in flash the card in the wallet and it gets sorted?

On 5/21/2020 at 5:52 AM, ezzra said:

Tell them to take a number and stand in line, THAI still owe me a refund on a cancelled March flight...

On 5/21/2020 at 6:48 PM, Mama Noodle said:

Seems the last on the list is foreigners with Thai families. Wish they would relax restrictions on that class of people so I can finally leave and get back to work without worrying I won't be able to get back to my kid.

Tourists being talked about. Work Visa and Diplomats being talked about. But <deleted> families? Who cares apparently. 

1 hour ago, TERMINATOR3AB said:

Please   explain  how you can fly out of Australia  mate  ???

No planes  leaving  and no body  knows  when ??

The Thai embassy Canberra said they would consider allowing foreign to join the repatriation flights

Good grief how are married people who travel for work supposed to manage this sh*t. 

I finish a project out in the boonies somewhere and I have get a certificate and insurance, book quarantine and pay for covid tests... 

What a load... 

I understand why the Thai gov wants to be cautious.  What is infuriating is that nobody can tell you what is actually required.  Is an International Insurance policy acceptable?  If so, what documentation is required?  A “fit to fly” certificate ... what does that look like.  I asked a few foreign Dr’s mid COVID crisis and they had no clue what that was.  So what content are they asking for?  Who actually has this information?  This is going to be another well intentioned debacle.

• Thanks 1

"Fit to Fly’ health certificate certifying that passengers pose no risk of being infected by COVID 19 virus and this to be issued no more than 72 hours prior to date of travel."

How can you get a certificate that states "passengers pose no risk of being infected by covid 19"?

Can only assume this means the "other" passengers on the flight!

Flights out of Australia.....have a mate there who has a ticket with SQ booked out in August via SIN to Cambodia PP.

3 hours ago, silverhawk_usa said:

I don't see anyone mentioning the 'Fit to Fly' certificate.  Last I heard this was not available in most countries.  Updates welcome. 

Yes, I could not board my flight on 23rd March, 1st day of lockdown. UK doctors did not issue "fit to fly". Will this change ? Insurance required was 1000,000. Basically, instead of saying NO, the authorities just impose impossible requirementd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

How can you get a certificate that states "passengers pose no risk of being infected by covid 19"?

Especially in the west, or at least the USA, where litigation is very serious issue and doctors take putting their signatures on stuff extremely seriously. 

I'm so grateful to be a healthy and fit 69 year old. If I was obese with health issues I'd be totally on it planning to switch my retirement and take my Thai wife to elsewhere, even though she is government retiree and I get medical "benefits" as her husband. Maybe go for Columbia, which which I hear welcomes retirees, and has government health care that is available, affordable (relatively cheap), and not too shabby.

Edited by SometimezaGreatNotion
small edit

As always, confusion reigns, but we are waiting for an official communication to be communicated as I want to believe that this new rules applies only to tourists and not to residents, so the tourist tax will vary on holidays in Thailand, it certainly will not be any aided for tourism even if it is about paying $ 30

22 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

As always, confusion reigns, but we are waiting for an official communication to be communicated as I want to believe that this new rules applies only to tourists and not to residents, so the tourist tax will vary on holidays in Thailand, it certainly will not be any aided for tourism even if it is about paying $ 30

Many of us long stayers consider or naming (thinking ) themselves residents …. wich by Th.immigration law  we are NOT....,  ,just extended tourists on retirement base , exception for the low number of those with the real resident status , which only a certain number can apply for on certain conditions by year...

Even the Elite visa holders are standard no residents (except in case if applying for the limited  resident status  one )

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, sapson said:

To clarify this policy for age 61 to 65 will provide inpatient cover up to 100,000 USD aprox 3 million baht and just 40 k outpatients for one year for all medical conditions, operations, routine, emergencies and accidents etc.

This is without any copay I presume? will Pacific cross pay directly to the major hospitals here as in flash the card in the wallet and it gets sorted?

You get a card, and they have a direct payment plan with many Bangkok hospitals.  One problem, is they take a week to issue the certificate locally, but you might not need to show the original at BKK, but I needed it for OA extension.  The 72 hour thing is problematic, too, as it takes many of us 30 hours+ to get here.  

3 hours ago, digger70 said:

Not only that, Thai medical is Suppose to be a lot cheaper then the West. 

Why is it that the premiums are at a Rip off High.

Why doesn't the Thai Government set up an affordable premium Insurance for Expats an Long stay people. 

Things  could be so easy ,But No Just a Rip off Scam by the Big Insurance Companies. 

It's a joke, 3 million Baht cover! 

Even if you were unlucky enough to be diagnosed with Covid19 while in Thailand which is unlikely given the testing it would require at the very most (on average) a 3 week stay in hospital. I would be surprised if that would come to 200,000 baht.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, suzannegoh said:

Is this another case like for retirement visa extensions, that only Thai policies and not international policies are acceptable?

I thought that international policies were acceptable as long as they covered $100k

5 hours ago, generealty said:

Well I just checked 3 insurance brokers online and the cost is 64,000 baht. As I have pre-existing conditions I was rejected last year so think I will be again. So if I fly out to UK for holiday or anything else or job interview in any country, I will not be allowed back in. So the writing is on the wall for me and many others. I wonder who will take care of my Thai family, extended and all ? I think its time to pack up and return home, as I just cannot afford to stay here any longer.

I think I will be/am in the same boat. I am in the 70 - 75 yrs old bracket and like most people that age, I have pre existing conditions i.e. hypertension and high cholesterol which is controlled successfully by medication. I was planning to go to the UK for business purposes/medical check up/treatment later in the year, but will now not be going  because of the "compulsory insurance for returning foreigners" scam stipulation.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, blackcab said:

The vast majority of work permit holders are citizens of Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar who work in low income jobs such as construction. I wonder how they will be able to afford a policy such as this?

unless they want construction to stop this will be waived for them, besides they don't hang out in tourist locales, they're infections would probably be limited to their work camps like it was in Singapore..

18 minutes ago, david555 said:

Many of us long stayers consider or naming (thinking ) themselves residents …. wich by Th.immigration law  we are NOT....,  ,just extended tourists on retirement base , exception for the low number of those with the real resident status , which only a certain number can apply for on certain conditions by year...

Even the Elite visa holders are standard no residents (except in case if applying for the limited  resident status  one )

Sorry I disagree with you, I came to Thailand 4 months and Tourist Visa was clearly specified on my passport, then like all us "O" is indicated Non Immigration Visa and not Tourist Visa, take a look your passport.

This is nothing new. Its been part of the requitements to get a Certificate of Entry for returning Foreigners ever since they announced that the Spouse of a Thai national would be allowed back last week. It was posted by ThaiVisa Sales so basically its an advert.

Edited by jimn
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Sorry I disagree with you, I came to Thailand 4 months and Tourist Visa was clearly specified on my passport, then like all us "O" is indicated Non Immigration Visa and not Tourist Visa, take a look your passport.

SO....? makes this you a resident ? O.K. I rephrase  : In practice we are no residents but ret.ext. holders based on "example" pension or called retirees , but we could started this status in several ways by starting even from exempt > tourist>to non o ….but immigration do not see us as residents ….

My home country see me as emigrated to Thailand ...while Thailand see me only as a temporary 1 year stay tourist or whatever you like call your self in different naming status 

I can understand many see /feel their years stay over here  as "Home in Thailand " , but it is "a temporary home" as long you can for fill the rules made by Immigration , you could use the resident application  to be a little bit more , but only Thai nationality application could give you full resident status  

Edited by david555

This approach to what has been said by many professionals is a scam pandemic. Will stop fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters from seeing their children or syblings due to the extreme costs of health insurance. This will push ex pats out of Thailand. Chinese, Japanese, Singuaporian and Farang. This will also say goodbue to the good old days of millions of tourists in Thailand. Of course, Thailand must be so rich to afford such luxuries. Maybe those at the top of the food chain in government should eat off a street stall once in a while and talk to the ordinary people. Anyone know a foodstall where Anutin and Prayut frequently hang out for a tase of real Thailand. I sincerely doubt it. With their uneducated closed minds they will destroy the country and the peoples lives to boot. Boot being the operative word as that is what the government are giving families and tourists. No worry, countries like Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos will not impose such draconian and unnecessary rules and flourish in the process.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, peterwa1 said:

Why not require as Cambodia is   DEPOSIT 3000$ on entry to cover Covid costs   recoverable on departure

Because by the time your 2 week holiday is over the $3000 will have already been split between various brown envelopes.

• Thanks 1