Insurance Cover for USD100,000 Stipulated for all Returning Foreigners

ASEAN NOW Sales

16 minutes ago, flinc2020 said:

Because by the time your 2 week holiday is over the $3000 will have already been split between various brown envelopes.

No need for those envelopes as you can calculate the costs , depending case of infected or not ,  the money is complete or 3/4 gone already , by paying all the controls , quarantine or care .

It is a deposit for the costs (read "paid in advance" )... ???? to avoid foreigner do a "runner" for them ....they know their Cambo "Barangs"????

Edited by david555

1 minute ago, david555 said:

I had in the past something like that from Kasikorn sold, 200 000 cover in case accident for 12000baht , found worth  it in case accident 200 000 ….. until I read the fine print  ! The 200 000 a year is meant for 20 000 each incident …. so not example 45000 when an accident , no 20 000 only

So I just stopped it as I said 20 000 I can get at any moment out of my KK ATM, or even home Safe...

Take also good reading as those cheapos stopping insuring 60/65 years mostly , same as now that stupid AIS insurance SMS messages are promoting

Valid points...and one of the Thai insurers makes you pay the deductible for every claim.  They likely have it arranged so if you have more claims, they make even more money.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

If it's a Non Imm O, the mandatory IO-approved health-insurance requirement is not applicable for you. 

Correct  .......   If your retirement visa was NON-IMM O ...  then health insurance is not a mandatory. 

Just now, moontang said:

Valid points...and one of the Thai insurers makes you pay the deductible for every claim.  They likely have it arranged so if you have more claims, they make even more money.

To be honest they paid back the money for remaining unused  10 months money ,I send them he reason why I stopped ….. matter of educating them a little …..???? don't know if it worked … Haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

It is my understanding that those on Extension of stay O visa are excluded from returning to Thailand my wife is one of them and she also tells me to get a $100,000 insurance policy covering Covid 19 as well as a medical certificate stating you are free of the virus is nigh on impossible to get in the U.K. .when the daughter went to her health clinic with our grandson she had to park up in the car park ring the surgery and wait fir the doctor who came out suited and booted like an astronaut he then spoke to her through the closed car door window this was last week in Cheshire . BA have cancelled for the 3rd time my wife’s return flight I will be amazed if I get to see her before September.

Extension of stay O visa allowed to return if the spouse or parent of a Thai citizen. Others not yet.

Completely possible to get >100k expat insurance policy in the UK unless one has significant pre-existing conditions. These will cover COVID as well as everything else. But they do cost.

This is a very Thai solution to the problem, they don't come right out and say no you can't come but they do make it nigh on impossible by any other means. Give it some time, things will settle down and change, this is just the first knee jerk reaction. There is just no way Thailand can operate a decent tourism industry with these types of controls hanging over the heads of all inbound tourists, this will change for the better. But to be very clear, the covid19 pandemic is the panacea the government needed to implement health insurance for all visitors without looking too much like a bad guy, be they long term or not. The requirement wont be for 3 mill. Baht coverage but I can easily see the 400k/40k policies being mandatory for all visa classes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TERMINATOR3AB said:

Please   explain  how you can fly out of Australia  mate  ???

No planes  leaving  and no body  knows  when ??

I didn't say I have a flight booking out of Australia.

There are exemptions to the current 'cannot leave Australia' policies.

I'm just trying to gather as much info/options as I can, I'm hoping (repeat hoping)  to fly Australia to Bkk mid November and return mid December but I'm well aware there may not be any flights and the 'can't leave Australia' policy might stop me travelling (but I think I might have grounds to get an exemption).

I believe these measures are a temporary thing while Covid19 is very much in play around the world. I may have to skip a year or two in the Thailand sun and try other countries for a change. Who knows, I may find another place in which to spend my retirement money. And believe me that's what it comes down to, the mighty dollar. 

Several posters indicated that it was impossible to find covid-19 insurance with a coverage of 100.000 US $ that meets the Thailand entry-requirement.

This company does provide such insurance.

> https://www.americanvisitorinsurance.com/trawick-international/safe-travels-international-cost-saver.asp

Don't get put off by the name 'American visitor insurance' - they provide covid-19 insurance both for US and non-US citizens, and including or excluding USA as travel destination.

Attached below a screenshot of my quote details > Non US citizen - 63 years old / international coverage excluding USA.  Premium for 1 month coverage 83.75 US $ for a 100.000 US $ coverage with 5.000 US $ deductible.

Note: You would probably have to contact the insurer directly (by phone/mail) as there is an error in their website when you click Buy It on the option of your choice, as the next page incorrectly gives you USA as travel destination.  I was able by tweaking the options to change that into 'Multiple countries' so it is clearly a website-error.

Question >> Did anyone make already use of their (attractively priced) covid-19 insurance offers?

image.png.5d7818cea62702d17175ee1692bfd15a.png

image.png.d5310c2ceb2a1d9b0d1783ed93986fd2.png

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Several posters indicated that it was impossible to find covid-19 insurance with a coverage of 100.000 US $ that meets the Thailand entry-requirement.

> https://www.americanvisitorinsurance.com/trawick-international/safe-travels-international-cost-saver.asp

Don't get put off by the name 'American visitor insurance' - they provide covid-19 insurance both for US and non-US citizens, and including or excluding USA as travel destination.

Attached below a screenshot of my quote details > Non US citizen - 63 years old / international coverage excluding USA.  Premium for 1 month coverage 83.75 US $ for a 100.000 US $ coverage with 5.000 US $ deductible.

Note: You would probably have to contact the insurer directly (by phone/mail) as there is an error in their website when you click Buy It on the option of your choice, as the next page incorrectly gives you USA as travel destination.  I was able by tweaking the options to change that into 'Multiple countries' so it is clearly a website-error.

Question >> Did anyone make already use of their (attractively priced) covid-19 insurance offers?

one important question is …. is it accepted by Thai authority's  e.g. Thai immigration as they have their own  preferences (!)…. example is  the O-A insurance requirements …,even not all Thai insurances are accepted on their list ….. so what about foreign ones for this ones , they never knew their existence ...

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, Patts said:

It's a joke, 3 million Baht cover! 

Even if you were unlucky enough to be diagnosed with Covid19 while in Thailand which is unlikely given the testing it would require at the very most (on average) a 3 week stay in hospital. I would be surprised if that would come to 200,000 baht.

"I would be surprised if that would come to 200,000 baht."

At some of the hospitals here I would be surprised if it DIDN"T!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Boit said:

peterwa1 is spot on - this will encourage more visitors and for them to stay healthy. 

Yes. The best healthy. Touris will come to and becase so safety. A good ones

On 7/1/2020 at 1:01 AM, male expat said:

Better demolish all hotels and send the related staff harvesting rice by hand.

I love my Thailand it is all about fun here

You seem like the tourist they want..

I just want to get back to my partner, family and home...

Edited by dallen52

On 7/1/2020 at 4:23 PM, bodga said:

why  waste  time GO DIRECT its  Pacific  Cross  insurance, nice  ad  for  the  broker  though. Dont forget that you can pay  the first "x" amount to reduce these prices.

insurance.jpg

Glorified advertising site now.

I get bombarded with Google stuff and its in the comments too. 

22 hours ago, peterwa1 said:

Why not require as Cambodia is   DEPOSIT 3000$ on entry to cover Covid costs   recoverable on departure

Been mentioned here before that you are lucky to get about half back and the testing is not reliable..

31 minutes ago, david555 said:

one important question is …. is it accepted by Thai authority's  e.g. Thai immigration as they have their own  preferences (!)…. example is  the O-A insurance requirements …,even not all Thai insurances are accepted on their list ….. so what about foreign ones for this ones , they never knew their existence ...

It is a pay and claim policy, and I seriously doubt that would be allowed.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moontang said:
2 hours ago, sapson said:

To clarify this policy for age 61 to 65 will provide inpatient cover up to 100,000 USD aprox 3 million baht and just 40 k outpatients for one year for all medical conditions, operations, routine, emergencies and accidents etc.

This is without any copay I presume? will Pacific cross pay directly to the major hospitals here as in flash the card in the wallet and it gets sorted?

You get a card, and they have a direct payment plan with many Bangkok hospitals.  One problem, is they take a week to issue the certificate locally, but you might not need to show the original at BKK, but I needed it for OA extension.  The 72 hour thing is problematic, too, as it takes many of us 30 hours+ to get here.  

Can i buy this in Thailand ? are the figures quoted without copay? 3 baht million of full cover I think will cover most problems ? maybe wrong,, 40 k outpatients I presume is average.

Guess I need to go direct to their website to see the full options, anyone have any experience with this company.

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh dear   ! ...... everybody is jumping up & down about insurance ....  SCB bank COVID19 cover 499 baht LOL   !!!  

To what level or value?

You need $100,000 covid19 insurance regardless of anything else offered.

2 minutes ago, Edheres said:

U.S.$100K is just over 30 million baht.

A Covid-19 episode in the Thai medical system is highly unlikely to run up a 30 million baht bill.

i'm sorry .... your maths is incorrect ?  USD100,000 = approx 3,000,000 baht ( 3 million baht )

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Edheres said:

U.S.$100K is just over 30 million baht.

A Covid-19 episode in the Thai medical system is highly unlikely to run up a 30 million baht bill.

$100k U.S. i think is 3.1 million baht ? maybe wrong..

56 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I tried, one of the country boxes seems blocked so I can't submit to get a quote.

I'll look again tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1