Insurance Cover for USD100,000 Stipulated for all Returning Foreigners

ASEAN NOW Sales

22 hours ago, Boit said:

Temporary travel insurance rather than a permanent policy, available prior to departure from one's own country to Thailand.

OK, so you might be able to enter Thailand cheaper on the above temporary insurance method. But will insurance be required for long term visa extension once in country?

As for tourists.... they are not gonna come, other places to go without such expensive restrictions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, it's not clear for how long you would need to have that covid-19 insurance when entering Thailand.  But it would be ludicrous to require a full one year policy, although nothing surprises me anymore.

One poster mentioned that you also needed a return-flight ticket when entering Thailand under the present covid situation, so it could be that your policy should cover the period till your flight out. 

In that case it would be easy-peasy to buy a throw-away ticket or a fully refundable ticket for a flight out departing 1 month after arrival, and simply cancel that flight.  And covid-19 insurance thus only for 1 month.

If we start cheating there are many possibility's , but the need of a ticket shows already a kind of control for the length of stay , but It would look ridiculous to ask for such a high insurance in USD if they would let you use it whiteout control just for an entry .

Take lesson out all the trials to control , from smartphone apps to paper registers , remember latest that  case from one person , who was  caught when applying for some  at immigration that he took to early some money out account before his 90 day money in bank still rapport was done and found breaching the rules of his visa by that…., don't think It would only become a showing once a insurance doc. by entry  , I guess no problem some come for 3 months and have such doc. for 3 months covered and leave by 3 months done  …. but for long stayers I think it would not be allowed , unless they should consider you are safe by that time not being contagious , but with all more tourist allowed  the risk for that becomes higher  , no matter all restrictions , some go slip under the radar for carrying.....

I think the officials don't have all the solutions in line already for open the entry's 

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

If we start cheating there are many possibility's , but the need of a ticket shows already a kind of control for the length of stay , but It would look ridiculous to ask for such a high insurance in USD if they would let you use it whiteout control just for an entry .

Take lesson out all the trials to control , from smartphone apps to paper registers , remember latest that  case from one person , who was  caught when applying for some  at immigration that he took to early some money out account before his 90 day money in bank still rapport was done and found breaching the rules of his visa by that…., don't think It would only become a showing once a insurance doc. by entry  , I guess no problem some come for 3 months and have such doc. for 3 months covered and leave by 3 months done  …. but for long stayers I think it would not be allowed , unless they should consider you are safe by that time not being contagious , but with all more tourist allowed  the risk for that becomes higher  , no matter all restrictions , some go slip under the radar for carrying.....

I think the officials don't have all the solutions in line already for open the entry's 

If you didn't develop any symptoms after 30 days in the country, it is safe to say that you don't have covid (you will have been in quarantaine too and be tested also).

So why then enforcing a 1-year insurance policy on you, when this is not required for those already in the country.

Just asking, I don't have the answers.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

If you didn't develop any symptoms after 30 days in the country, it is safe to say that you don't have covid (you will have been in quarantaine too and be tested also).

So why then enforcing a 1-year insurance policy on you, when this is not required for those already in the country.

Just asking, I don't have the answers.

Just following my personal thought that they fear high costs in case a foreigner catch that virus (from who ever …) during his / her stay in Thailand how long they stay ever  , others I don't see reason for  that so high amount of 100 000 USD ….. unless it is a " stay out Thailand amount " excuse !

Time will tell , for most of us not in very near future weeks , ….month's I guess ????

Edited by david555

3 hours ago, Edheres said:

Yep - just checking....................

are you sure just checking or you messed up badly  ?

because you mentioned 30 million baht twice so maybe you did mess up really bad   ?   lol

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, sapson said:

Seen already, we just happened to type and post at exactly the same time hence the duplication, no worries.

thanks sapson .... ur ok  ????     we shouldn't post at exactly the same time.

2 hours ago, digger70 said:
5 hours ago, Patts said:

It's a joke, 3 million Baht cover! 

Even if you were unlucky enough to be diagnosed with Covid19 while in Thailand which is unlikely given the testing it would require at the very most (on average) a 3 week stay in hospital. I would be surprised if that would come to 200,000 baht.

Yep, I don't know what they are on But it must be Bad Meds to come up with something Absolutely Insane like that .This is driving the Tourist away(not coming) from Los 

Insurance covers for a worst case scenario.... Coming down with a severe case of Covid-19 and requiring ICU and ventilator treatment is going to eat into that $100,000 cover a great deal. 

A few years ago friend of mine was quite unwell with a serious illness which required ICE and a respirator for about 4 weeks, then recovery for another month. Her bill was about 4.5 million baht (thats an extreme case).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Insurance covers for a worst case scenario.... Coming down with a severe case of Covid-19 and requiring ICU and ventilator treatment is going to eat into that $100,000 cover a great deal. 

A few years ago friend of mine was quite unwell with a serious illness which required ICE and a respirator for about 4 weeks, then recovery for another month. Her bill was about 4.5 million baht (thats an extreme case).

You said it an Extreme case, Does that mean that Everyone has to be Ripped off ?

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 3:28 PM, ThaivisaSales said:

According to a Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand notification, distributed to Air Operators, the seven groups of foreigners expected to be allowed entry from 1st July, must have appropriate insurance policies.

I thought we are going to be vaccinated soon (Thai COVID vaccine) !!!!

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2020 at 12:56 PM, peterwa1 said:

Why not require as Cambodia is   DEPOSIT 3000$ on entry to cover Covid costs   recoverable on departure

Do you trust Cambodia to return the money? 

3000$ covers nothing in a private Thai hospital. 

I liked living in Bangkok the last few years. So if the rules are too personally strict for me to enter Thailand again  to live there, then  I will live elsewhere. Seems like Thailand’s future plans do not desire nonAsian tourism and nonAsian expats living in Thailand. But plans can change and will see what happens. 

3 hours ago, digger70 said:
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You said it an Extreme case, Does that mean that Everyone has to be Ripped off ?

That depends on who’s getting ripped off - If you are unwell should the government pay your hospital bill? Who pays? 

The Insurance with Covid-19 cover is one of the more sensible requirements. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Call said:

Why drop the idea of an mandatory insurance for all entering Thailand?

30 million entering and there is no end of billions on my calculator ????

surely tourists would arrange travel insurance in their home country prior to travel, which is what any sensible tourist is doing already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Peabody said:

Got a link to that? I tried a search, but nothing looked like health insurance. PM if you want.

I presume its on their website as I just clicked the link inside their banking app

On 6/30/2020 at 11:28 PM, bodga said:

No problem when nobody comes here or stays  here as the numbers dwindle to zero over  time.

..Is my math correct for that age group, over $4k US for a 1 yr ins premium, that's insane, I'd rather take my chances crossing the border illegally & pay the fine if caught than pay that price for a 2 week holiday!

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 3:56 AM, peterwa1 said:

Why not require as Cambodia is   DEPOSIT 3000$ on entry to cover Covid costs   recoverable on departure

..good luck with getting your deposit back, I wouldn't bet on getting all $3k back though..

Is this going to be an on going thing .....Insurance 

I think they must have rocks in their heads if they think visitors would fork out that sort of money to visit Thailand ....

I don't think so !!! 

• Like 2

For Retired U.S. Military: Non-Immigrant O visa for Foreigners who are married to Thai nationals or foreigners who are children of Thai nationals with an urgent need to travel to Thailand. Thai Embassy Requirement #3.5 Medical insurance or letter from employer guaranteeing that the insurance company or employer will cover a minimum of 100,000 USD (or equivalent in other currencies) of medical costs incurred by the applicant in Thailand, including medical costs in the event that applicant contracts COVID-19. Make sure you are insured via TriCare Overseas and get a letter stating TriCare Overseas will cover your insurance cost of $100,000+ for your stay in Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dan747 said:

For Retired U.S. Military: Non-Immigrant O visa for Foreigners who are married to Thai nationals or foreigners who are children of Thai nationals with an urgent need to travel to Thailand. Thai Embassy Requirement #3.5 Medical insurance or letter from employer guaranteeing that the insurance company or employer will cover a minimum of 100,000 USD (or equivalent in other currencies) of medical costs incurred by the applicant in Thailand, including medical costs in the event that applicant contracts COVID-19. Make sure you are insured via TriCare Overseas and get a letter stating TriCare Overseas will cover your insurance cost of $100,000+ for your stay in Thailand. 

Dan,

Who do you speak to or how do you get Tricare to provide the letter actually stating the COVID coverage up to $100K USD?  I am trying to get back in on the Non-O (Spouse) and now need letter to get the certificate of entry.  I originally just provided the standard Tricare coverage letter, the Thai consulate called me and stated the insurance letter MUST state at least $100k USD and covers COVID.  I have now spoken with both Tricare East and Overseas and they both state , I'm covered for more, including COVID, however, can't generate a special letter.  I recall some Vets having this problem right with their OA renewal before COVID hit and getting nowhere with Tricare stating their coverages.  TIA

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Logic would suggest that apart from those (foreigners) already in country are unlikely to catch Covid-19 (if the reported Covid-19 figures are correct), additionally, insisting all foreigners in country have insurance is too difficult to implement. 

Given the Pre-flight testing requirements etc, there is a possibility of foreigners entering Thailand catching Covid-19 and thus the requirement for insurance which covers covid.

Just guessing, as I too don’t have the answers.....  Maybe it's part of the new norm that all visitors to Thailand have travel / medical insurance and all long stayers have health insurance (difficult for those over 70 though).

Exactly that, it's implementation of medical insurance for all foreigners across all visa types, by stealth. I can see the amounts of coverage being reduced in the longer term but probably not until this covid19 thing is over, they will never just say that medical insurance is no longer required, it won't happen.

Edited by Trillian

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

That depends on who’s getting ripped off - If you are unwell should the government pay your hospital bill? Who pays? 

The Insurance with Covid-19 cover is one of the more sensible requirements. 

I am referring to the Insurance Rip Off . There are Millions of people Paying the High Fees for Years on end  . There's No need for that. Most people May claim only ones  or twice in their life. And What's got the government to do with this  I never said Anything about them. But I Will Now  

In QLD Australia we have Free Public Hospital Service They Can't and Won't Refuse  treatment. That's run by the Government From Tax Payers Money, So it's not Exactly free is it. 

That's Why it would be Good to have a Government Insurance With an Reasonable Fees . 

there wouldn't be problems like there are now . Every country should have that. 

They even could  do that with Tourists .Everyone pays a small Fee  Entering the country  and than one would be Covered. Than the travel Insurance would only have to cover the Travel time from one country to the next.    

This has Nothing to do with the Wuhan Flu. No one has Ever had to have an Insurance for a Flu or any Other Virus.This is just a Rip of Scam . Same as the Scam, That one has to have an Insurance for a Certain Visa/Extension . A Thai Insurance . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, digger70 said:

I am referring to the Insurance Rip Off . There are Millions of people Paying the High Fees for Years on end  . There's No need for that. Most people May claim only ones  or twice in their life. And What's got the government to do with this  I never said Anything about them. But I Will Now  

In QLD Australia we have Free Public Hospital Service They Can't and Won't Refuse  treatment. That's run by the Government From Tax Payers Money, So it's not Exactly free is it. 

That's Why it would be Good to have a Government Insurance With an Reasonable Fees . 

there wouldn't be problems like there are now . Every country should have that. 

They even could  do that with Tourists .Everyone pays a small Fee  Entering the country  and than one would be Covered. Than the travel Insurance would only have to cover the Travel time from one country to the next.    

This has Nothing to do with the Wuhan Flu. No one has Ever had to have an Insurance for a Flu or any Other Virus.This is just a Rip of Scam . Same as the Scam, That one has to have an Insurance for a Certain Visa/Extension . A Thai Insurance . 

And what happens in QLD when a foreigner shows up wanting medical treatment, do they tell you that your government should offer them a policy also so that they can participate in the system too without having to buy expensive rip off insurance, if so, how do you feel about that? 

Edited by Trillian

Suzzanego Foreign Insurance Policies are permitted Sue if accompanied with the Foreign Insurance Certificate fully completed an example of which can be seen on the PCEC webpage or from the office of the  Ministry of Public Health of Thailand.

5 hours ago, Trillian said:

And what happens in QLD when a foreigner shows up wanting medical treatment, do they tell you that your government should offer them a policy also so that they can participate in the system too without having to buy expensive rip off insurance, if so, how do you feel about that? 

He get treated in the Public Government  Hospital . Yes that's what I am talking about What Every Government Should do.    Didn't you read my Post? Obviously Not.

Insurance sales and hospital finance thanks and turns to count piles of greens. Who would not like car loads of money coming from heavens. You don't even need to care too much who has the last trip and who survives, money flows...of course...big if...do they come or not? How many of us are ready to pay, as we know its not necessarily worth of money to pay. Anyway, there is not going to be any Thailand trips for me until 2021, depending how these things end up. Better to be close health care, which is almost free and good quality than over-priced and taking risks top of the disease to face possible greed and careless (keep in mind that Thailand has very good hospitals and I have been always very happy about the service and politeness of the stuff). It would be just great to experience tourist free Thailand and quietness of beautiful country, what it still is if you know where to look at...but yeah, you don't always get what you want, so lets move on and hope all the best. Stay safe and try enjoy different world we are experiencing now.

On 7/2/2020 at 6:23 PM, steven100 said:

image.png.1e2a14d2b8a567f5bd75ee31ce059448.png

Thanks for sharing the above.

I contacted the bank who said I would need to talk to Dhipaya Insurance.

I did that, which was painful, but I eventually spoke to an employee who spoke good English. Her first response was that Dhipaya Insurance does not have health insurance for foreigners, then she asked me to hold the line and asked me to give her my e.mail address and her manager would reply by e.mail.

I did get the e.mail (in Thai script), the google translation is: 

"Due to the company's current travel insurance To protect only when traveling from Thailand to travel abroad and returning to Thailand only."

Did you actually speak to anybody at Siam Commercial Bank, or would you please share the full SCB web address which provides the Capture you forwarded.

Thanks.

• Like 1