Govt offers July 27 as first compensation for Songkran

webfact

4 hours ago, new2here said:

- but again, to me, its all about "pay back" after those days were taken away earlier.

So are they going to "pay back" all the lost income due to the extended lockdowns?

Happens in the UK too, this year the May Day bank holiday - which is normally on the first Monday in May - was moved to the 8th to coincide with VE day.  Nothing to do with Covid, decision made long before that, though it did put a big dampener on things.

In LOS, I agree that they're due the extra days off, but the water throwing is purely a Thai New Year thing, it won't happen.

stop this absurd infantile behaviour,its a health risk,how much more time you want off?mass murder on the rds when the children get to play at being adults in....driving cars drunk.more dead in a day than 6 mnths of covid ,explain that oh supreme leader?its gone....months back.if they allow this why cant we travel and people with visas come in ?duuuur

After all the long break due to covid 19 i would think the last thing the people would want is a holiday. would be better to try and get their businesses up and running again . Many i think will not be able to reopen  due to back rent.

1 hour ago, PEE TEE said:

After all the long break due to covid 19 i would think the last thing the people would want is a holiday. would be better to try and get their businesses up and running again . Many i think will not be able to reopen  due to back rent.

You are probably right, but this is probably to compensate the people that were working during the period when Songkran was "postponed" i.e Government employees etc.

It would possibly be an idea for employers to ballot their work force(s) to see how many would rather have the time off, or work and get paid for it?

1 hour ago, dukeandduke said:

That job is frustrating when so many can't learn that "would of" is incorrect.

No one gives a toss. This is TV not University Challenge. 

Edited by Kadilo

Christ you can tell who all the grumpy old farts who don't work here are. Many companies did not shut down during COVID which means many staff have been working non-stop since Jan 3rd, give or take the odd day off.

This is just one day holiday as compensation for one of the cancelled Songkran days. It is being tagged onto the Kings birthday weekend celebrations and not designed to be the new Songkran festival 2020.

There are two more days to come and hopefully they will also be during Q3 or early Q4 so companies can be ready for the hoped for recovery towards the end of the year. 

• Like 1

A flame has been removed

A further post has now also been removed, if you do not like a topic then please move on but DO NOT leave your rubbish post on here for mods to clear up after you.

On 6/30/2020 at 10:07 PM, wxyz1 said:

never knew holidays/celebrations could be postponed

Yes New Years day etc now a moveable feasts to suit the Generals whims with surprise Monk Days thrown in.