40 % increase ofthe price\unit on my electric bill

Power Bills are a bit of a mystery  at the moment.  Ours are around  50% less than usual but the only "discount" on the slip is the 3% same as yours  at the bottom.

While the major discount is due to the covid-19 situation as was initially the  3% there was also a unit price increase  announced  just before  the pandemic onset.

But can you  really object  to a  months worth of  well scrubbed  for  100Baht?

• Like 1

Just now, CGW said:

You haven't been to the "North" of Thailand have you?

Yes I did. And yes I agree that not Thailand has the same weather as Bangkok or Pattaya.

I remember a guesthouse near Chiang Rai that had a chimney to warm the main room ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Hot shower ?? Who takes hot showers in Thailand ? :blink:

My "cold water" in condo must be about 20°C, well enough for a shower...

but not cold enough to really refresh ????

I know you will think me mad ,my wife and son do ,but i like a hot bath in the evening ,i can soak the day away .????

• Like 2

This pricing depending on usage is nothing new. i remember a guy in a 5Mbaht house in bang sare going apes--t over it when he went into the next bracket. it was overall about 100 baht more than 'usual'. i think it goes back to the government helping/ subsidising low users as they wouldn't have lots of expensive equipment using lots of power. 

my ex GF parents had 2 houses (1 in bad condition but still lived in) on the same plot, and i paid to have an extra meter put in, reason not important. there was a time when the units were zero baht if under a certain limit, and that was the case on one of the houses usually, and occasionally on the other house. this was a while back though..... remember Taksin? about then'ish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

That is a $2.50 increase.

Tell those Gogo girls to shower before they come over.

Yes the increase is not a big deal

i was just curious to understand why it was this amount

the table posted by  Lopburi3 was the answer, thank you again to him.

For the girls the ''problem'' is they are here full time

in my room, the only option is to send them to the

shower at the swimming pool, but it's more fun to

take showers together

Edited by kingofthemountain

3 hours ago, CGW said:

You haven't been to the "North" of Thailand have you?

I live in the north. The only time for a hot shower is in December and January. However this year I extended to early March due to the cold weather.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

'girls', so that's minimum 3 of you, in 38 sq m, you must be bouncing off each other and off the walls.   

Our main bedroom with en suite in our house is just a bit smaller than that ,i cant imagine 3 living in there , in fact my first bed sit in an old Victorian house in London back in the 70s was as big .

mind you as ive said in other posts the wife was in property and some of these new condoes make 38sq mtrs look large 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Our main bedroom with en suite in our house is just a bit smaller than that ,i cant imagine 3 living in there , in fact my first bed sit in an old Victorian house in London back in the 70s was as big .

mind you as ive said in other posts the wife was in property and some of these new condoes make 38sq mtrs look large 

Ours too and we have 3 other bedrooms.  It's not bragging, its just that I couldn't live in such a restricted place.  I tried it once, for 6 horrible months and it drove me crazy and there was just me and Mrs P.  Our house is 220 sq m and a perfect size for us.  Elect bill is around 2,000 Baht per month and we use air-con every night for around 8 to 10 hours and have a pool. Last elect 'discount' was 700 Baht and it came in at 1,070 Baht, goodness knows why, as the bill didn't make any sense.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

my old bills were at the

price of 2.52 bahts\unit but the last month for the first time it was

a jump to 3,25 by unit, an increase of near 40 %

That's nowhere near 40%, it's less than a 29% increase. 

Are you sure that you've only got 2 girls there?  You're maths isn't that good, maybe you've miscounted!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

'girls', so that's minimum 3 of you, in 38 sq m, you must be bouncing off each other and off the walls.   

Before to move in my room the girls were used to share a room smaller

than that and they were 5 inside with a small bed. 

Now with only 2 or them (Plus myself) and a big size bed 

they are pretty comfortable

1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:

That's nowhere near 40%, it's less than a 29% increase. 

Are you sure that you've only got 2 girls there?  You're maths isn't that good, maybe you've miscounted!

I have never been good with the maths

i have managed to have my baccalaureate with 1\20 in maths

(But 19\20 in ecomomy)

i am sure there is no more than 2 girls

i am on a budget and i can't afford to feed more of them on a daily basis

• Confused 1