Anyone had contact with Thai Airways?

Bkkbound

I have some contact with a Thai Air senior employee and have seen, as you may have, the financial statements provided in support of the restructuring which at face value are not that bad if asset values are realistic.  Thai will IMHO make the refunds or re-issue tickets and will survive in some form.  I have several bookings but will wait before asking for a chargeback to my credit Card.

I think the chances of Thai flying internationally in August is zero but to declare that now will result in many more requests for refunds.  The court proceedings start 15th August.  I do note they are still selling tickets to Europe for August. September maybe so as to take the rich students to universitities but more and more I don't expect Thai Air flights to Europe before October.

So either sit and wait to rebook your tickets or follow steve187's advice.  You might find the price you paid is considerably less than the 'new mormal'.

• Like 1

I have called their call centre a couple of times. Although it took a while on hold before speaking to someone I did get through and they processed my request for a change of flight dates (I didn’t request a refund). Also, I had to go to their website and extend the validity of the ticket and then rebook the dates I wanted to travel. 

Before the above took place the flights I had for this month were cancelled by Thai Airways and they emailed me to say so. You could go online and check the current status of your booking. It sounds like you may need to extend the ticket validity first before rebooking. I did it here:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mises said:

You might find the price you paid is considerably less than the 'new mormal'.

My understanding, from the link quoted by @Wiggy in the post following yours, is that, if you went for ticket validity extension (as per Option 1), you shouldn't have to pay any extra when you eventually re-booked. However, if you went for a travel voucher (as per Option 2) instead, you would have to pay the difference between the cost of your unused tickets and the "new normal".

We are owed around 90,000 in refunds on two international flights for myself and my wife

We filed for refunds in March

All we have had is emails saying how they want to keep loyal customers, and also they are in liquidation

Chances of any real refunds I am afraid are nil, we bought all tickets at their office in KhonKaen and paid cash, STUPID ME AS I GET OLDER I GET CAUGHT

WILL DO OUR VERY BEST NEVER TO USE THEM AGAIN

• Like 1

I think they already announced THAI would not fly till September and I am guessing they want to get by the August court date first.  I really can’t imagine acceptance of a genuine and workable rehab plan by the creditors. Their assets probably include all of the A 340 planes which have not flown for years.

• 2 weeks later...