Sending a small parcel from the UK to Thailand

The postal service resumed on May 11th and I've received several birthday cards and two small parcels here in Thailand since then with no problems.

My brother back in Blighty tried sending me another small packet this afternoon, but was told at the post office that you can no longer send parcels to Thailand. I simply don't believe that, but it's impossible to get through to any sort of post office help facility other than an e-mail request, and that tells you to wait 10 working days for a reply. The world is opening up, not closing down, and on the Royal Mail website there's nothing about any new restrictions regarding Thailand. Google doesn't find anything either, so I know it's a very long shot, but has anybody heard of any new restrictions on the postal service from the UK to Thailand?

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

To the OP.  My brother sent me a small book from England about 2 weeks ago and the GPO said it would be here 6/7 days ago , so far nothing.

According to what the two old biddies in the sub-post office he uses told him, this is something very recent.

20 minutes ago, innosiem said:

Just get your brother to try a different post office

20 minutes ago, grego49 said:

i would tell your brother try another post office first and see what happens,cheers

He's got diabetes so doesn't want to take any chances, the main PO in our home town is apparently devoid of any social distancing measures so he refuses to go there. A friend of his who lives quite a long way away offered to check for him when she heard the problem. She tried two different post offices and they both said you can send a parcel to Thailand, no problem. I think the old dears in the sub-post office he uses must be losing their marbles, but I thought I'd ask in case anybody had heard anything.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, theoldgit said:

The Royal Mail website gives regular updates on international mail, they advise that mail is being delivered to Thailand, maybe show it to the local Post Office.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/~/international-incident-bulletin

He visited the main post office in the town yesterday afternoon and was able to post the parcel without any problems. It's now in Langley awaiting for the flight out which was on Saturday the last time. I don't know what bee those two sub-post mistresses had in their bonnets about not being able to send parcels to Thailand, but thankfully they were wrong.

On 7/2/2020 at 1:48 PM, Guderian said:

He visited the main post office in the town yesterday afternoon and was able to post the parcel without any problems. It's now in Langley awaiting for the flight out which was on Saturday the last time. I don't know what bee those two sub-post mistresses had in their bonnets about not being able to send parcels to Thailand, but thankfully they were wrong.

It must be sitting there with my parcel ,my daughter posted another one to me the other day .thats the third .