PM Johnson demands Britain "Build, build, build" to beat COVID-19 slump

snoop1130

17 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

They need to knock down Heathrow and completely rebuilt it , its all old a decrepit and Third division/Third World  compared to other World modern airports

Heathrow serves London - so quite fitting for them to have a third-world airport.

• Like 1

Build, build, build.

My opinion;

• Bin HS2 rail, it's unnecessary and will only give a small improvement in journey times.  Not worth even a fraction of the cost.  Also, given the way that transport is changing, it'll be outdated before it's even finished - like deciding to build a phone cable network today when everything is going wireless.
  • Build Boris Island and the infrastructure to go with it.

For the non Brits, Boris Island was a proposal when Boris was mayor of London; make a new, artificial, island in the Thames estuary with fast rail links to London and easy connection to the motorway network.  Build a huge modern airport on it, then bulldoze the antiquated Heathrow and Gatwick who are both trying hard, but who were designed in a bygone age to fulfil a very different role from their current one.

So, big infrastructure project  ✔️, modern airport  ✔️, no more complaints about noise because no one lives there (effectively, it's miles out at sea) ✔️, it can be 24 hour, no more restrictions on flights at night  ✔️.

Seems like a win, win, win, win to me.

Will someone forward this to Boris please?  ????

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

The union flag is flown upside down to indicate distress. No mistake made. 

Your have to explain that to me RuamRudy.....why the distress signal...........(or is that sarcasm, that i am to slow to pick up on).......

3 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Well we do still have a housing crisis and we should be building, and it should add up to some wonderful bribes for the Tory party from the building companies. 

Thatcher gave all the houses away for pittance...............indeed she did, but the problem was that local councils were prohibited from replacing them.  That is where the housing crisis actually started. 

Build, build, build, .......why not. Goodbye the green fields of Engerlund, one vast housing estate beckons. 

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.

Agree. I’m sure his pal who made a mint in Lambeth will be licking his lips and probably Boris’s too

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Your have to explain that to me RuamRudy.....why the distress signal...........(or is that sarcasm, that i am to slow to pick up on).......

Apparently an accepted means of communicating distress was to fly the union flag upside down. 

According to this site, it is a criminal offence to do so: http://projectbritain.com/geography/unionjack7.html

3 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Boris Johnson: Economy speech fact-checked https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/53236921

So hot air and lies as always ????

Boris the Liar was never interested in details. 

Also now he skips a mere detail: where to get the money from ? No colonies the British Empire can rob, already a huge state debt, unemployment is a lot of business areas, whio have no interferance with "Building", so will not benefit of that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

You looking at Google maps or have insider information?

No I grew up in Thundersley.......went to the primary school at Dark lane---then on to  King John....or shipwrights as we called it, I guess we better get back on topic.........................:coffee1:

21 hours ago, Kadilo said:

That’s exactly what I would expected someone with that mugshot to come out with 

You love it really don't you. That's why I like it too.
Give us a shout when you've decided how the young have suffered the most from Covid lockdown.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You love it really don't you. That's why I like it too.
Give us a shout when you've decided how the young have suffered the most from Covid lockdown.

Have a think, it’s not rocket science. Even you should be able to work it out. ........but then again  

19 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Have a think, it’s not rocket science. Even you should be able to work it out. ........but then again  

I'm not a rocket scientist, but if you are you can tell me. Don't keep it a secret, cos there are plenty here who are not young and did not spit their dummies over Covid.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 6:08 PM, CorpusChristie said:

They need to knock down Heathrow and completely rebuilt it , its all old a decrepit and Third division/Third World  compared to other World modern airports

Heathrow , will be a Council housing estate soon, for non whites .

Mosque , provided by Lord Mayor of London ..

Edited by elliss
spelling

On 6/30/2020 at 12:28 PM, Loiner said:

Go for it Boris. That's the way to get the country back to work.

and employ british workers to build to do it the economy needs the wages paid going back into it,not sent abroad.

• Like 2

Good  on yah  Boris !  Hospitals !  Health crisis !  People  will love   hospitals !  Schools!   Many schools ! Heducate  the  youth of  tomorrow !  Doctors !  Yes . Need Doctors! Bring  back  trains !  Electictric  ones!  Green option!  Yay !

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Build, build, build.

My opinion;

• Bin HS2 rail, it's unnecessary and will only give a small improvement in journey times.  Not worth even a fraction of the cost.  Also, given the way that transport is changing, it'll be outdated before it's even finished - like deciding to build a phone cable network today when everything is going wireless.
  • Build Boris Island and the infrastructure to go with it.

For the non Brits, Boris Island was a proposal when Boris was mayor of London; make a new, artificial, island in the Thames estuary with fast rail links to London and easy connection to the motorway network.  Build a huge modern airport on it, then bulldoze the antiquated Heathrow and Gatwick who are both trying hard, but who were designed in a bygone age to fulfil a very different role from their current one.

So, big infrastructure project  ✔️, modern airport  ✔️, no more complaints about noise because no one lives there (effectively, it's miles out at sea) ✔️, it can be 24 hour, no more restrictions on flights at night  ✔️.

Seems like a win, win, win, win to me.

Will someone forward this to Boris please?  ????

such a project, or similar projects, are not necessarily beneficial for the national economy and not

necessarily economically sound

but they have the clear potential of bringing around some very useful infrastructure that UK otherwise

will never see

Boris island - a nice idea, but rather impractical. So you are going to build an island on a bottom of soft mud, vulnerable to storm surges and high enough to survive the rising sea levels of the end of the century. Cubic miles of fill would be needed. Subsidence a major problem. And god knows how much environmental damage it would cause.