How to break into the music industry

snoop1130

How to break into the music industry

mm-masaud-milas-20.jpg

Here's Chortle's daily round-up of new comedy to watch at home during lockdown.

This list, updated at around 3pm daily, covers subscription services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, iPlayer and NextUp, to podcasts and shows that comedians are releasing themselves, is your essential guide to getting a daily dose of laughs.

As well as these highlights, you can search our listings for other online events using the blue box at the left or top of this page.

Or if you're a promoter wanting to add an event, details are here.

Full Story: https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2020/06/29/46400/how_to_break_into_the_music_industry

4 hours ago, stouricks said:

You do not 'break into' the music industry. You work hard with your talent and artistic capabilities, and if you are very lucky, someone in a position of management will notice you and help. There is no easy way.

I've been trying for over 60 years and still not broken into it yet!   PML

Cue up The Clash's "Death or Glory."

• Like 1

16 hours ago, stouricks said:

You do not 'break into' the music industry. You work hard with your talent and artistic capabilities, and if you are very lucky, someone in a position of management will notice you and help. There is no easy way.

I've been trying for over 60 years and still not broken into it yet!   PML

I've only been in the music industry for 45 years – however behind the studio's glass window as producer and publisher – but during that period I've heard an awful lot of demos. You have less than one minute, typically 45 seconds, to prove you are worth something! I can assure you that there is a good reason why so few of them break though and get a release, and even a release is no guarantee for hitting anything at all...????

PS: Before that 45 years I tried for seven years to break into the music industry myself with the "hard work"-method, it seemed like much easier to break into the music industry through the back door, and sit on the other side of the glass...????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

I've only been in the music industry for 45 years – however behind the studio's glass window as producer and publisher – but during that period I've heard an awful lot of demos. You have less than one minute, typically 45 seconds, to prove you are worth something! I can assure you that there is a good reason why so few of them break though and get a release, and even a release is no guarantee for hitting anything at all...????

PS: Before that 45 years I tried for seven years to break into the music industry myself with the "hard work"-method, it seemed like much easier to break into the music industry through the back door, and sit on the other side of the glass...????

However on the other hand, it is a wonder how some of the stuff released ( I will not say These Days) ever breaks through. 

'Love Me Do' was rejected by Decca !

Edited by stouricks
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, stouricks said:

Hey, khun Per and Khun Ken have reacted. Let's start a band called The Three Khuns!    PML

I'm in on air-guitar, I'm an excellent air-guitar player...????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, khunPer said:

"but during that period I've heard an awful lot of demos."

I had  to read that  twice. For a moment  I  thought it was  "a lot  of  awful  demos:. I guess  both  are  true!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

"but during that period I've heard an awful lot of demos."

I had  to read that  twice. For a moment  I  thought it was  "a lot  of  awful  demos:. I guess  both  are  true!

You bet...????
–but the worst could sometimes be an included a photo...????

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Viral video of your freak out please, khunPer.  ????

???????????? Sorry, no instant video available, but you can have a great cool still...????

34)wIMG_3203_air-guitar.jpg.9f297f83ea3480e112503d4e27d964fe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, daveAustin said:

You gotta have bangin', fresh tunes (no substitute) for the moment and get it out on social media/YTube. 

A sample of some great old stuff (of mine, for example????) remixed with contemporary beat and rhythm can do it – even as a number one in download on Beatport...???? – I talk from positive experience...????????