Fired from job but hired again 2 days later

So I was planning to leave the company anyways and was already in the middle of interviews where they decided to fire me before I got an offer in my hand in which I would have then resigned.

I was fired on the 24th and signed an offer on the 26th with another company.

The issue now comes up with visa and WP. I'm in an awkward situation where they employer has canceled my WP and the new employer is unable to renew this due to some law. I can't remember what she said but something about 15 days before canceling. I will get more information tomorrow. Is there anyway for me to not have to do the whole leave Thailand and do non-b outside of Thailand again?

Currently I am able to stay in Thailand due to covid and free visa until the end of July. 

I think @johnray is referring to having the issues resolved in an expeditous manner, as quietly as possible to sort your WP and visa situation to avoid leaving the country, which for the moment is completely hypothetical anyhow; to enable you to maintain your position if all else fails. I'm sure your new employer has lawyers who know people. TIT

As you've said you'll know more today. Could you be so kind as to let us know? Because at the moment you seem to be panicking over a situation that is still quite fluid.....

Edited by UncleMhee
  • Like 2

I believe the process would be:

1. Work-Permit "approval letter" from the Labor Dept
  2. Immigration for a new extension based on this letter and company-docs (from a Covid extension, probably needs 'agent' money/involvement to happen - but try in-person first)
  3. Back to Labor Dept for your work-permit, now possible due to having a valid "work-permitted" type of extension.
Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

There's no way (legally) the OP can transfer the WP since it's already cancelled. A new one needs to be issued involving the entire non-B process, i.e. leaving the country to apply for Visa at a Thai embassy.

If there's a (informal) way around this it certainly would involve agents/lawyers having the right connections at the labor dep and immigration. Unfortunately this doesn't come cheap.

• Like 1

Most 'solutions' suggested are illegal methods? TIT! But resorting to illegal methods?

Justified?

People resorting to illegal methods are better than the TIT?

Just askin'

Edit

Bribe taker = Bad

Bribe giver = Good

Edited by ravip
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Khun Yaaai said:

There's no way (legally) the OP can transfer the WP since it's already cancelled. A new one needs to be issued involving the entire non-B process, i.e. leaving the country to apply for Visa at a Thai embassy.

OP needs to leave the country and come back in again.

5 hours ago, Khun Yaaai said:

Please correct me if wrong on this - I haven't done it - but my understanding is there is a work-permit-approval letter one can get for this purpose.  This can be used to get either a new Non-B Visa, but also a Non-B extension in-country, yes?   Some have reported this - and similar with going to an ED extension.  In most cases, it is "easier" to go out for a new Visa, but that isn't an option now, so ...

If there's a (informal) way around this it certainly would involve agents/lawyers having the right connections at the labor dep and immigration. Unfortunately this doesn't come cheap.

As per an ED extension offer a couple days ago, it was 11,000 Baht to immigration to avoid leaving the country for an ED Visa (impossible now), which what most schools ordinarily tell you to do.  But here, an alternative was offered:
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1170345-my-ed-visa-after-31-july/?do=findComment&comment=15563426
The difference. in this case, is the school has their own "fixer" - whereas the OP (or his new employer) may need to get an agent to serve that function. 

It is not "illegal" for Immigration to issue these extensions in-country - even if a "change of visa type" (aka "conversion") has to happen first (what the Visa Run does) - they just normally won't do them without an "incentive" payment from one of their partners.

Edited by JackThompson

On 7/1/2020 at 1:38 AM, johnray said:

Pay the fine.

Some people just want to post (like me ????).

On 7/1/2020 at 7:37 AM, crabformer said:

I fail to see where I mention a fine. also you are missing a lot of context here. fine for what exactly?

@crabformer, And then there's the mind readers and the payoff promoters.  Luckily I've always had an agent that handled those things.

Many years ago your passport could leave the country and get the Non-B without you (one company I worked for had an agent that did that). Maybe there are agents that can still do it.

Good luck with your dilemma.