Jump to content
BANGKOK
phungo

Considering overstay if July31st amnesty not extended.

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You seriously need to look into consequences of overstay. Your sound very  poorly informed. Almost past foolish.

You can't help those who don't want to help themselves @DrJack54 His mind seems to be made up on this new exciting S.E. Asian adventure he's so intent on embarking upon. Live and learn, to each his own eh?.....To the OP โชคดี

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 1:34 AM, vinny41 said:

I wouldn't advise it , if you were stopped at a police checkpoint

 if you are caught overstaying by even one day, you will face a ban from re-entering Thailand of five years

"if you are caught overstaying by even one day, you will face a ban from re-entering Thailand of five years"

Not correct. Where did you read that? 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"if you are caught overstaying by even one day, you will face a ban from re-entering Thailand of five years"

Not correct. Where did you read that? 

see post #7 same info from ubanjoe and information is correct

Edited by vinny41
additional info
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"if you are caught overstaying by even one day, you will face a ban from re-entering Thailand of five years"

Not correct. Where did you read that? 

He read this in my post that is from the immigration website.

image.png.b46578580bc9986812d20276ce4463

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 11:11 AM, innosiem said:

"I have used my 60 day extension"

also not enough time to deposit required 400k into bank for 2 months,
if they don't have that amount already in their account for that time

Then use an agent simples really

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fourpack said:

Then use an agent simples really

Exactly.  If Immigration won't issue you an extension in-person, for whatever reason - justified or not - the SANE options are:

1) Leave before the auto-extension ends (might be extended).

2) Pay an agent so you don't have to leave.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Exactly.  If Immigration won't issue you an extension in-person, for whatever reason - justified or not - the SANE options are:

1) Leave before the auto-extension ends (might be extended).

2) Pay an agent so you don't have to leave.

Im completely ignorant on what an agent does or how to find one. How can an agent help increase my options? They can legally do additional things that I cannot do for myself? If so that would be great! Any pointers on how to find a good agent? 

Edited by phungo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, phungo said:

Im completely ignorant on what an agent does or how to find one. How can an agent help increase my options? They can legally do additional things that I cannot do for myself? If so that would be great! Any pointers on how to find a good agent? 

There are several things, depending on the agent and what you need:

  • Help you prepare paperwork for a completely-legit extension, and talk to the immigration-staff for you
  • Help you get a legit-extension without "extra undocumented requirements" or a "change of visa type" (aka "conversion") which your office won't do w/o a bribe, even though they can/should by law
  • Fake money for your financials, allowing to obtain extensions for which you don't financially qualify; also includes skipping home-visits (some areas / extension-types) and "undocumented requirements."

The cost varies by service and area, with the 2nd and 3rd costing significantly more, due to the bribe involved (most of the money).  Not all agents can/will do all of the above.  In Bangkok, you need a "law firm" agent for family-based extensions (expensive), but a "regular" agent can get retirement extensions done.

 

How to find - depends on what area.  Some used to advertise on this site.  I found several by web-search.  Someone might PM you a link.  I know the area where they can be found in Jomtien, but haven't used their services (could get a Non-O-ME at the time, instead).

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

There are several things, depending on the agent and what you need:

  • Help you prepare paperwork for a completely-legit extension, and talk to the immigration-staff for you
  • Help you get a legit-extension without "extra undocumented requirements" or a "change of visa type" (aka "conversion") which your office won't do w/o a bribe, even though they can/should by law
  • Fake money for your financials, allowing to obtain extensions for which you don't financially qualify; also includes skipping home-visits (some areas / extension-types) and "undocumented requirements."

The cost varies by service and area, with the 2nd and 3rd costing significantly more, due to the bribe involved (most of the money).  Not all agents can/will do all of the above.  In Bangkok, you need a "law firm" agent for family-based extensions (expensive), but a "regular" agent can get retirement extensions done.

 

How to find - depends on what area.  Some used to advertise on this site.  I found several by web-search.  Someone might PM you a link.  I know the area where they can be found in Jomtien, but haven't used their services (could get a Non-O-ME at the time, instead).

JT, thank you so much for this! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually not a bad idea, especially if you don’t care. Stay a few years on over stay, head to the airport pay the 20 k. And head out. Never come back, and save yourself the hassle of immigration.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, garyk said:

Actually not a bad idea, especially if you don’t care. Stay a few years on over stay, head to the airport pay the 20 k. And head out. Never come back, and save yourself the hassle of immigration.

As long as you're prepared to cut your stay short at a moment's notice and to spend a few weeks at the IDC on your way out, that is.

 

Hard to tell what the likelihood of a clean exit is. A lot depends on where you live, your lifestyle, and plain old luck. I wouldn't like to take my chances.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 1:34 AM, vinny41 said:

I wouldn't advise it , if you were stopped at a police checkpoint

 if you are caught overstaying by even one day, you will face a ban from re-entering Thailand of five years

Police checkpoints do not check your passport and visa! 

 

Overstay is no big deal as long nothing happens right? What about your insurance (if you have one) is it still valid?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2020 at 7:33 PM, JackThompson said:

Exactly.  If Immigration won't issue you an extension in-person, for whatever reason - justified or not - the SANE options are:

1) Leave before the auto-extension ends (might be extended).

2) Pay an agent so you don't have to leave.

No one knows if you can even use an agent if the amnesty is lifted July 31. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tagged said:

Police checkpoints do not check your passport and visa! 

 

Overstay is no big deal as long nothing happens right? What about your insurance (if you have one) is it still valid?

What kind of insurance? I think the reason for using the insurance is important. If on overstay, you're not here legally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Caldera said:

As long as you're prepared to cut your stay short at a moment's notice and to spend a few weeks at the IDC on your way out, that is.

 

Hard to tell what the likelihood of a clean exit is. A lot depends on where you live, your lifestyle, and plain old luck. I wouldn't like to take my chances.

 

As long as you're not caught by the police,just go to Suvarnabhumi and pay the fee = 20k and your home free. No IDC. But you'll not be able to come back for a few years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...