Considering overstay if July31st amnesty not extended.

On 7/2/2020 at 11:38 PM, JackThompson said:

There are several things, depending on the agent and what you need:

• Help you prepare paperwork for a completely-legit extension, and talk to the immigration-staff for you
  • Help you get a legit-extension without "extra undocumented requirements" or a "change of visa type" (aka "conversion") which your office won't do w/o a bribe, even though they can/should by law
  • Fake money for your financials, allowing to obtain extensions for which you don't financially qualify; also includes skipping home-visits (some areas / extension-types) and "undocumented requirements."

The cost varies by service and area, with the 2nd and 3rd costing significantly more, due to the bribe involved (most of the money).  Not all agents can/will do all of the above.  In Bangkok, you need a "law firm" agent for family-based extensions (expensive), but a "regular" agent can get retirement extensions done.

How to find - depends on what area.  Some used to advertise on this site.  I found several by web-search.  Someone might PM you a link.  I know the area where they can be found in Jomtien, but haven't used their services (could get a Non-O-ME at the time, instead).

Agents don't use any fake money anymore. They just pay immigration to circumvent that requirement. The problem is that you might need an agent next year as well, if you still don't meet the financial requirements. 

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

As long as you're not caught by the police,just go to Suvarnabhumi and pay the fee = 20k and your home free. No IDC. But you'll not be able to come back for a few years. 

Not unless you overstay for more than 90 days. No ban for 90 days or less.

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2020 at 11:52 AM, ubonjoe said:

He read this in my post that is from the immigration website.

image.png.b46578580bc9986812d20276ce4463

And where does it say overstay even for 1 day? Let's say you have a ticket out of the country in 2 days,and your permission to stay ends tomorrow, you think they will ban you for 5 years? I strongly doubt that. It would be another story if you didn't have a flight out of the country and didn't think about leaving. 

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

And where does it say overstay even for 1 day? Let's say you have a ticket out of the country in 2 days,and your permission to stay ends tomorrow, you think they will ban you for 5 years? I strongly doubt that. It would be another story if you didn't have a flight out of the country and didn't think about leaving. 

In the part where it says "Less than or 1 year".

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

They can ban you for five years if you are caught and arrested, even for a single day overstay. In fact, there have been cases where people had extensions of stay for court cases, with the permission to stay ending on the day the court case was ended. The police, who disliked them, found a way of preventing them reaching the airport after leaving the court, and arrested them the next day even though they had a flight out. A five year ban was the result.

Unless you have seriously upset someone, or run into racism, it is unlikely you would be arrested for a short overstay, but it can happen. If you were Nigerian, it might even be probable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Your confusing depart at airport or border and pay overstay fine to being caught on overstay. A flight out won't help. At very best you would be let off with "fine=bribe"

20k up. Worst case sent to detention. You been there? Give it a try.

On 7/1/2020 at 10:49 AM, fourpack said:

Why not just go to immigration and get an extension based on Marriage /retirement that will solve all you problems for a year

Give me a break. You should know it's not that simple.

1) Is he over 50?

2) Can he get insurance, if goes for that particular retirement visa?

2) Does he have over 400k baht to deposit?

3) Will there be enough time for this money to be "seasoned" in the bank, with their very specific date requirements?

4) Does he have over 40k baht month income?

I'm proud to say I've just met #4. My school even made me a very impressive looking letter declaring my income to show officials. It worked for getting a new bank account. However, it wasn't enough for immigration. They want to see tax receipts for this income over a year.