Online delivery added to list of controlled services

webfact

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The new product added to the “controlled” list was distillers’ dry grains with solubles (DDGS).

Tut tut have people been making there own alcohol, will this control (fixed pricing) put the price of spirts up or down. 

6 hours ago, John1012 said:

I use online services quite frequently, and find that Kerry is highly efficient and not costly. This industry is driven by service levels and cost to consumer. If costs spiral or service level drops, they lose business. There are many alternatives, albeit not as good as Kerry, but acceptable.. why does the government need to become involved in a purely commercial enterprise? 

Otherwise it will become like healthcare in US... purely commercial enterprises! Just look at medicines that are 10-100x more expensive in US than in many other countries! I buy a medicine here in Thailand and send it to an American friend... I pay 200 Baht for a generic copy and in US they charge my friend over $100 for the original medicine (same medicine is in Sweden about $15)!?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John1012 said:

I use online services quite frequently, and find that Kerry is highly efficient and not costly. This industry is driven by service levels and cost to consumer. If costs spiral or service level drops, they lose business. There are many alternatives, albeit not as good as Kerry, but acceptable.. why does the government need to become involved in a purely commercial enterprise? 

Because that's what governments do. Try to destroy and control everything

• Like 1

Since Covid-19 the traffic in my small and usually peaceful soi has been unbelievable busy. Many of the motorbikes drive too fast without respecting the speed limit 30 km/h and have modified exhaust systems in order to make more noise. I don´t understand why vehicles used for public delivery are not being inspected by the delivery company or the authorities, so they don´t disturb customers and neighbours more than necessary.

High delivery prices is not an issue here in the outskirts of Bangkok, as Grab and Foodpanda have delivery so cheap, that some families of f.x. 4 members order dinner from 4 different restaurants, delivered by 4 different motorbike drivers. I personally once have ordered my dinner combined of food from 2 different restaurants, delivered by 2 different motorbike drivers. Me and my neighbours also tend to now order lots of stuff online and often have delivery several times a day, on different vehicles from the same delivery company.

Edited by Xonax

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Yet the delivery companies still make no profit. So they are not greedy at all. 

If the delivery companies cannot make money with 40% markup then the business is terribly managed with very greedy management or the business model is simply flawed and doesn't work.

57 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

If the delivery companies cannot make money with 40% markup then the business is terribly managed with very greedy management or the business model is simply flawed and doesn't work.

I have no clue, but GRAB has not made a profit that is for sure. You can check it online. I don't have the exact details.

8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Thai customs certainly is doing their part in "controlling" online deliveries from abroad. A message from DHL to me:

'Please be informed that this shipment has arrived in Thailand and subjected to customs formal clearance which original passport is normally required for paperless registeration as an importer. '

Ain't that just great. Has been added in the last few months, was not required before. Thailand is closing in to becoming another military controlled hermit Myanmar.

Gotcha by the short hairs ,try waxing!

The country wants to squeeze you from your money 

On 7/1/2020 at 6:51 AM, John1012 said:

Money ? 

On 7/1/2020 at 6:51 AM, John1012 said:

Meglamania