Fauci warns spread of COVID-19 'could get very bad', says no guarantee of vaccine

webfact

6 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

We've seen the consequences of selfishness in regards to public health. In the face of a huge rise in covid hospitalizations , the governor of Texas - who previously forbade requiring the wearing of masks - has now made it mandatory for most Texans.

The head of a country, which successfully got the virus under control, the German chancellor, Misses Merkel, is not wearing a mask and said at her recent meeting with France's Macron publicly that she does not need one because she keeps a 1.5 meter distance. Keep in mind that she gets advised by Germany's famous Robert Koch Institute and by Dr. Drosten, so if she does so, she might know better than you.

2 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

The head of a country, which successfully got the virus under control, the German chancellor, Misses Merkel, is not wearing a mask and said at her recent meeting with France's Macron publicly that she does not need one because she keeps a 1.5 meter distance. Keep in mind that she gets advised by Germany's famous Robert Koch Institute and by Dr. Drosten, so if she does so, she might know better than you.

Pull me another one:

"The Robert Koch Institute (RKI), Germany's public health institute, also formally recommends that people wear masks in shared, public spaces.

"Wearing a mouth-to-nose covering in public can help slow the spread of COVID-19 in the population and protect high-risk groups from infection," the RKI wrote on its website."

https://www.dw.com/en/face-mask-requirements-spread-across-germany/a-53191223

And of course, the evidence since then has only reinforced the importance of wearing masks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

Yes, because doctors are disinterested guardians of children's welfare:

Some doctors helping anti-vaccine parents get medical exemptions

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/some-doctors-helping-anti-vaccine-parents-get-medical-exemptions-n963011

So you are saying that every vaccine created by the pharmaceutical industry should be blindly taken, especially if politicians (possibly sponsored by that same industry) say so, and that I should not consult my doctor, because he is “a disinterested guardian” of his patients welfare?

Can you disclose your ties to any such pharmaceutical industry?

12 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Give it up already

Do I wear a mask? Catch me at the grocery store, says Merkel

Chancellor Angela Merkel said she has never been seen with a mask because although she wears one for buying groceries she is keeping her shopping destination secret...

Merkel responded: “If I follow distancing rules I don’t need to wear a mask. But when I’m not following them, like when I go shopping for example, then obviously we’re not bumping into each other otherwise you could have seen me with a mask on.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-merkel-mask/do-i-wear-a-mask-catch-me-at-the-grocery-store-says-merkel-idUSKBN2402PB

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yuyiinthesky said:

So you are saying that every vaccine created by the pharmaceutical industry should be blindly taken, especially if politicians (possibly sponsored by that same industry) say so, and that I should not consult my doctor, because he is “a disinterested guardian” of his patients welfare?

Can you disclose your ties to any such pharmaceutical industry?

We live in a different age now. Where you can consult the CDC or the Robert Koch institute to see what they say about vaccines. And if your doctor's advice follows their guidelines, fine. But if not, go see another doctor.

2 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

We live in a different age now. Where you can consult the CDC or the Robert Koch institute to see what they say about vaccines. And if your doctor's advice follows their guidelines, fine. But if not, go see another doctor.

You forgot the Imperial College in the UK.

I’m sorry, before I trust the advice of an anonymous CDC, with more or less disclosed sponsoring by commercial entities, or a politician, I trust my doctor, who looks me into the eyes when he makes his recommendations. And this even more when it comes to children.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

Reminds me of the joke where the guy visits his doctor and the doctor tells him to drink less.  His friend asks what did he do, he said he changed doctors.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

You forgot the Imperial College in the UK.

I’m sorry, before I trust the advice of an anonymous CDC, with more or less disclosed sponsoring by commercial entities, or a politician, I trust my doctor, who looks me into the eyes when he makes his recommendations. And this even more when it comes to children.

Yes because bedside manner trumps scientific knowledge every time. Good to know that sentimentalism is the principle that guides you in the matter health care. 

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Someone dropped the ball again. The Strategic National Stockpile is still short of 30 million N95 masks. After 5 months of pandemic, Trump administration still behind the curve. 

I’m sure your friends at the CCP will happily supply them. 

37 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

So the reason that Angela Merkel trusts Dr. Drosten is that he looks in her the eyes. If he advised her over the phone, she wouldn't follow it. (Not that your representation of Angela Merkel vis-a-vis mask wearing was truthful.

1 minute ago, johnpetersen said:

Yes because bedside manner trumps scientific knowledge every time. Good to know that sentimentalism is the principle that guides you in the matter health care. 

“Bedside manner”? “sentimentalism”? What are you imputing?

Are you saying that medical doctors have no scientific knowledge?

27 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

Chancellor Angela Merkel said she has never been seen with a mask because although she wears one for buying groceries she is keeping her shopping destination secret...

Merkel responded: “If I follow distancing rules I don’t need to wear a mask.

From your quote, confirming exactly what I said.

4 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

“Bedside manner”? “sentimentalism”? What are you imputing?

Are you saying that medical doctors have no scientific knowledge?

I'm saying that doctors aren't scientists and not obliged to keep up with the latest research. They're generalists, not experts.

How about Biden, the CCP will supply him? Dies he have to get on his knees too?

Biden will have everything ship shaped before the pandemic strike. He has more energy than Trump moving up and down the ramp.

5 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

So the reason that Angela Merkel trusts Dr. Drosten is that he looks in her the eyes. If he advised her over the phone, she wouldn't follow it. 

I’m making no statement about the relation between Chancellor Merkel and Drosten. I’m sure they have met personally, with or without masks, and you know that. If not, there was ample press coverage, use your favorite search engine. Your statement above is nothing but trolling.

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Biden will have everything ship shaped before the pandemic strike. He has more energy than Trump moving up and down the ramp.

So you’re saying that the CCP supports Biden but does not support Trump?

Or in other words, the US should make Biden the next president to get the support and masks of the CCP coming in?

So you’re saying that the CCP supports Biden but does not support Trump?

Or in other words, the US should make Biden the next president to get the support and masks of the CCP coming in?

Really doesn't matter any which way as Biden will be the next POTUS. You need to pace yourself till November. The old ticker may not handle this well. 

8 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

I'm saying that doctors aren't scientists and not obliged to keep up with the latest research. They're generalists, not experts.

I’m not aware that doctors can become doctors without a scientific education at a university.

I don’t think your statement is correct. There might be doctors which do not keep up with the latest research, and replace that by attending events sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry, but you can choose your doctor, as you said earlier.

For example, one of my doctors is a microbiologist and epidemiologist who keeps very much up with the latest research. 

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Really doesn't matter any which way as Biden will be the next POTUS. You need to pace yourself till November. The old ticker may not handle this well. 

What a pity that you're backing out. I was looking forward to your answer about CCP’s preferred and supported president.

9 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

What a pity that you're backing out. I was looking forward to your answer about CCP’s preferred and supported president.

Look no further; Biden will work with other allies to confront China which is something Trump unable to do. 

3 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

I’m making no statement about the relation between Chancellor Merkel and Drosten. I’m sure they have met personally, with or without masks, and you know that. If not, there was ample press coverage, use your favorite search engine. Your statement above is nothing but trolling.

You already have made such a statement:

"Keep in mind that she gets advised by Germany's famous Robert Koch Institute and by Dr. Drosten, so if she does so, she might know better than you."

4 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

Give it up already

Do I wear a mask? Catch me at the grocery store, says Merkel

Merkel responded: “If I follow distancing rules I don’t need to wear a mask. But when I’m not following them, like when I go shopping for example, then obviously we’re not bumping into each other otherwise you could have seen me with a mask on.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-merkel-mask/do-i-wear-a-mask-catch-me-at-the-grocery-store-says-merkel-idUSKBN2402PB

From your quote, confirming exactly what I said.

No it doesn't confirm what you said. She explicitly says that she wears a mask when she goes shopping. You claimed that she doesn't wear a mask. And you managed to cut out much of my quote which makes your denial even more bizarre.

Here's the rest of what she said which you left out: 'But when I’m not following them, like when I go shopping for example, then obviously we’re not bumping into each other otherwise you could have seen me with a mask on.”'

Edited by johnpetersen

I’m not aware that doctors can become doctors without a scientific education at a university.

I don’t think your statement is correct. There might be doctors which do not keep up with the latest research, and replace that by attending events sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry, but you can choose your doctor, as you said earlier.

For example, one of my doctors is a microbiologist and epidemiologist who keeps very much up with the latest research. 

Engineers get a scientific education too. That doesn't make them scientists. Scientists do research. Maybe you've got a doctor who conveniently enough is also a microbiologist and an epidemiologist. Maybe not. Doing scientific research is no more required of a doctor than it is of an engineer. Their education is based on scientific knowledge not on the advancement of it through research. There's a difference.  

Edited by johnpetersen

4 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

So you are saying that vaccinations should be taken even against your doctor’s advice because some countries otherwise don’t allow kids at daycare?

I think in such a case the country is doing something wrong.

I see your comprehensive reading skills could do with a brush up.

• Haha 1

The White House repeatedly denied the CDC permission to brief the public on the coronavirus, report says

• The CDC was denied permission by the White House to brief the public on the coronavirus crisis, a source at the agency told Yahoo News.
  • The CDC found itself unable to do public briefings for three months, beginning not long after a senior official warned in late February that the virus was likely to hit the US hard.
  • At the time, this was a sharp contrast with predictions from President Donald Trump, who argued that the coronavirus did not seriously threaten the US.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-denied-permission-to-brief-public-about-coronavirus-yahoo-2020-7

how sick is trump govt getting /the company making a vaccine to easy the hospital stay for people /

the usa bought all the company can make for next 4months / the news said it would cost 1$ to make  the vaccine /patients in usa  would have to pay over 3000$/its sick what the are doing then make money of the sick