Fauci warns spread of COVID-19 'could get very bad', says no guarantee of vaccine

webfact

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/coronavirus-vaccine-are-we-close-to-finding-one-heres-whats-happening/

Latest COVID-19 vaccine news 

On 7/1/2020 at 2:03 PM, Lacessit said:

Depends on your point of view. Peaceful protestors being cleared from a street with tear gas and rubber bullets so POTUS can brandish a bible for a photo opportunity is a bit rich too. Or were the police carrying out their lawful duty in breach of the First Amendment?

A photo opportunity to show national resolve - and what was the location? A church (of all places) that your "peaceful" anti-American Marxist rioters had lit on fire the day before. A Church man, that they tried to burn to the ground. Government has the right to use force against terror.

On 7/1/2020 at 4:34 AM, webfact said:

"Clearly we are not in total control right now," Fauci said. "I am very concerned because it could get very bad."

within minutes after his pronouncement the stock market jumped another 2000 points.  

3 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

You already have made such a statement:

"Keep in mind that she gets advised by Germany's famous Robert Koch Institute and by Dr. Drosten, so if she does so, she might know better than you."

If you say so.

No it doesn't confirm what you said.

I‘m sorry if I didn‘t quote everything she or you said. She talks a lot and you too.

My point was that she shows herself in the meeting with Macron and the press activities around it without mask, and, when asked about it, she said that “If I follow distancing rules I don’t need to wear a mask.“ Btw, her original statement in German language was different, Reuters has translated that somewhat freely, she spoke explicitly about 1.5 meters. So that in her opinion masks are not required when you keep that 1.5 meter distance. 

1 hour ago, Damual Travesty said:

A photo opportunity to show national resolve - and what was the location? A church (of all places) that your "peaceful" anti-American Marxist rioters had lit on fire the day before. A Church man, that they tried to burn to the ground. Government has the right to use force against terror.

But not in Hong Kong?

Anyway. Over 100k new infections in 2 days. Thats a Wembley-full.

Edited by Traubert

Engineers get a scientific education too. That doesn't make them scientists. Scientists do research. Maybe you've got a doctor who conveniently enough is also a microbiologist and an epidemiologist. Maybe not. Doing scientific research is no more required of a doctor than it is of an engineer. Their education is based on scientific knowledge not on the advancement of it through research. There's a difference.  

Interesting, so according to you only an active scientist can understand the latest research and advise me on vaccinations, and not a medical doctor who in his time at the university did scientific research, not even if it was in the subjects of interest here.

But then again, how many such active scientists are working in the CDC? 

29 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

In Hong Kong the terror comes fron the external government (CCP) of the local government, not from the citizens demanding their freedom. But then again, you know that.

I know they set one citizen alight, I know they're using IED's, corrosive liquid bombs just a couple of examples.

I'd call that terrorism, no?

On 7/1/2020 at 5:04 AM, utalkin2me said:

0 credibility. Does not matter what this lying hack says. 

Yes - as long as we can have our booze and cheap sex nobody needs to care. 

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

I know they set one citizen alight, I know they're using IED's, corrosive liquid bombs just a couple of examples.

I'd call that terrorism, no?

You can claim whatever you want, knowing that you‘re living in China we know what you cannot say, what you have to say, and that most real news are not accessible for you.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Interesting, so according to you only an active scientist can understand the latest research and advise me on vaccinations, and not a medical doctor who in his time at the university did scientific research, not even if it was in the subjects of interest here.

No. What I'm saying is the most doctors aren't trained as scientists. What they learn is the result of scientific research. That's not the same thing. 

23 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

Your original point was that she didn't wear masks. You didn't qualify that in any way. Even after I called you out on it, you still maintained she doesn't wear masks. She certainly does wear masks when she goes out into public spaces.

You also claimed she was not wearing masks due to the advice of Dr. Drosten of the Robert Koch Institute. I looked up what the Institute was saying about wearing masks. It was unequivocally recommending their use.

Now you are misstating my post and pick on a point of it, taking it out of context.

MissesMerkel, is not wearing a mask and said at her recent meeting with France's Macron publicly that she does not need one because she keeps a 1.5 meter distance.

Up until then she was indeed not seen wearing a mask anywhere. Feel free to point to pictures showing otherwise, if you find any. However the main point, the point you seem to have missed, is her statement that she does not need a mask if she keeps a 1.5 meter distance. 

This is an important statement, as especially outdoors it is easy to keep that distance, thus requiring masks outdoors everywhere seems to be not needed, following her advice.

I’m sorry if you don’t like that statement of her, but if you want to keep on bickering about it please take it up with her.

You will be pleased to hear that she now made a public appearance and some photo shootings with a mask.

23 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

No. What I'm saying is the most doctors aren't trained as scientists. What they learn is the result of scientific research. That's not the same thing. 

Do you actually know what a medical doctor has to do in his university education? It seems that you don’t. It might not be the same in every country, but the way I know it there is a phase where they do some scientific research, and are trained in it. That can include hands on research in labs with mice and all that.

As said, some might replace following the latest research with following the presentations given by the promotion teams of the pharmaceutical industry, usually in nice hotels in a vacation like setting, but there are also many others which do keep up with the development in science.

On 7/4/2020 at 7:07 AM, johnpetersen said:

That link only says they are supporting others which do active research, but not that they do it themselves.

CDC provides leadership, technical assistance, and oversight to a network of 25 Prevention Research Centers (PRCs) to conduct innovative public health research at the community level.

Then it goes on to explain what these PRCs are doing. Nothing about active scientific research by CDC scientists themselves. Which is no surprise, the job of the CDC is not to duplicate the universities, but more administrative. 

1 hour ago, yuyiinthesky said:

That link only says they are supporting others which do active research, but not that they do it themselves.

Then it goes on to explain what these PRCs are doing. Nothing about active scientific research by CDC scientists themselves. Which is no surprise, the job of the CDC is not to duplicate the universities, but more administrative. 

How's this then?

How CDC Laboratories Protect Americans

CDC laboratory scientists work 24/7 in more than 200 cutting-edge laboratories across the U.S. as a key line of defense against emerging health threats. Scientists work on a range of critical work, including research, surveillance, and reference diagnostic testing that protect the American public. CDC scientists and other staff use the latest technology to:

• Detect infectious organisms, food-borne outbreaks, and biosecurity threats
  • Protect America’s blood supply
  • Screen genetic and other health risk factors
  • Identify environmental and workplace hazards
  • Monitor the health of communities

https://www.cdc.gov/labs/protecting-america.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Things not looking good in Florida.

Arizona, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, South Carolina all going straight up.

Just waiting for it to "all go away".

Hey don’t you know? It all went away in March - like magic you know. 

What is happening now is people’s god given right to needlessly suffocate to death as free men and women. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

That is the real reason Trump went full metal cultural war on the 4th. AS of last weekend he has tossed in the towel on the coronavirus. Aides report he  just 'isn't interested''. That was what June 27/28 when you had those golfing pics up on the media. Last week, into this week, wuhan is surging into "out of control" zone. I feel sorry for all those Beulah's and Jethro's down in Elvis country, but I also feel they brought a lot of this on themselves. God does not help the willfully ignorant.

On 7/5/2020 at 5:30 AM, mtls2005 said:

Daily death rates have been falling for weeks. The ridiculous panic of cases are not the problem, never have been. 

On 7/5/2020 at 8:33 AM, LomSak27 said:

That is the real reason Trump went full metal cultural war on the 4th. AS of last weekend he has tossed in the towel on the coronavirus. Aides report he  just 'isn't interested''. That was what June 27/28 when you had those golfing pics up on the media. Last week, into this week, wuhan is surging into "out of control" zone. I feel sorry for all those Beulah's and Jethro's down in Elvis country, but I also feel they brought a lot of this on themselves. God does not help the willfully ignorant.

Death rates are falling for weeks now. Fatality rates are also falling. 

But keep up that outrage and irrational fear. 

The dempanic that was designed to crush the economy and millions of people's livelihood almost worked 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

Death rates are falling for weeks now. Fatality rates are also falling. 

But keep up that outrage and irrational fear. 

The dempanic that was designed to crush the economy and millions of people's livelihood almost worked 

Present death rates are related to infection rates of about 2 weeks ago. We'll have to wait about 2 weeks to see the effect on death rates from present infections.