Can anyone help me

colinneil

On monday we had a serious storm, only lasted 5 minutes, but did a bit of local damage.

My computer was on my bed, i was preparing dinner, when it suddenly started, hells bells, the wind was blowing like crazy.

Bedroom window blown in, time i got there my computer was soaked, bed soaked, what  a mess.

Well my computer after drying it would not open.

So yesterday my wife went and got me a new one, got into most sites no problem, but facebook will not accept my password, and yes it was the correct password, same 1 i use for Thai visa, g mail etc.

Can anybody help me, anybody know how i can get in?

1) if you have access to FB via another device...(phone ?) you can change password to something new

2) There is a procedure for recovering lost password, I think you need the mobile number and email addy you originally set up in your account

I don't know why it will not accept...but recovering it or changing it best options

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Thanks folks, a problem i have is i do not have an internet phone, only a Nokia 3310 which is not internet enabled.

In most if not all cases the cell/mobile phone we have also act as a secondary device for emergencies like that or the usual use out of home, so it's a good idea to invest in a low budget internet enabled cell phone just in case...

• Like 2

Once the OP gets reconnected, I suggest that he get into the habit of logging out of any apps and programs like FB and gmail rather than just closing the browser or tab. The convenience of just being able to open a a browser page and be already logged in without going through a formal password log in is fraught with security issues.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Each to their own as you say, but facebook is a necessary evil for me, i use it to keep in contact with many friends, both here and in the UK.

I also do a lot of reading, yesterday i read....John Grishham, The Rooster Bar.

You can keep your Kindle, tried it once, no way, give me a book to hold, turn the pages, heaven to me.

Good for you. I hope the storm damage has been resolved - I blame global warming for increased harmful weather patterns. As for kindle, I've found it easier to use once I got used to it. It also doesn't take up space like books do and gathering dust mostly.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Each to their own as you say, but facebook is a necessary evil for me, i use it to keep in contact with many friends, both here and in the UK.

I also do a lot of reading, yesterday i read....John Grishham, The Rooster Bar.

You can keep your Kindle, tried it once, no way, give me a book to hold, turn the pages, heaven to me.

I'm with you on that one.

The drawback is that as technology progresses, it's easier to find an electronic version of a book than a real one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

That answer is like given automatically. He ask for Facebook problems, as well as he seem to can use both Windows and a browser on the new computer to find out that he have no access to his account. 

Just a bit of humour in regards to his bedroom window getting broke .

A play on words about his bedroom window and computer windows .

Try downloading a sense of humour for yourself

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Funny thing mate, the bedroom window did not break, the frame complete with glass got blown in onto my bed.

How the hell that happened is beyond me, only 6 years since windows were fitted, sliding ali windows, not old wooden windows.

Wife got the window back, but 1 corner of the frame is broke, waiting for man to come fix it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Sorry, Missed that. Deleted, corrected. I must be really slow today. ????

• Haha 1

if your going to try the bag of rice you need to tak battery out

as for facebook the still being logged in garbage.

so face book has security options

send a code to your phone its a txt message you dont need to be internet enabled
send an emal
contact either 3-5 friends
the password has to be wrong..
and if youve tried it x amount of times faceboo should lock you out of the account requirung to send security code to phone or email.

fone just has to accept text message no internet rq
why dont you scroll through your gmail i assume facebook sends notifications through that and hit a link see what happens

Edited by andy72
  • Like 1

Thanks for the posts offering help how to overcome my problem folks, followed advice given, back in now sorted.

Mods you can close this now, got the info required, and got the problem sorted.

Edited by colinneil

35 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Funny thing mate, the bedroom window did not break, the frame complete with glass got blown in onto my bed.

How the hell that happened is beyond me, only 6 years since windows were fitted, sliding ali windows, not old wooden windows.

Wife got the window back, but 1 corner of the frame is broke, waiting for man to come fix it.

Not funny at all, just Thai workmanship. When our house was but 6 months old, opened one of the sliding windows and it fell out and smashed. I wasn't even surprised.   For overall quality, its like living in a canvas Wendy House.  My wife and I have a bet as to which will disintegrate first, the house or me. I think the house and I may well win. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, colinneil said:

"I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down!"

Do you have kamoy bars on the outside? Imagine that happening when nobody was home?

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

"I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down!"

Do you have kamoy bars on the outside? Imagine that happening when nobody was home?

Yes we do have bars on the windows, wife was getting very irate when getting the window back in.

She had to put the window from the inside then go outside and jiggle it about to get in back.

Mods you can close this now got the info, got the problem sorted.

Edited by colinneil