BANGKOK
webfact

Judge temporarily halts release of tell-all book by Donald Trump's niece

barr tried to block bolton's book ostensibly for faux natsec concerns.

There is ABSOLUTELY no way the TRO will survive review. You can't block publication, unless you can prove that National Security is threatened.

Exposing the president as a treacherous family member who helped himself to the estate, and kept a sick nephew from getting medical coverage, hardly seems to threaten the country.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

Are you sure about that? I couldn't find any information confirming it. I did find this, though

According to the report, the Trump family is attempting to get in front of the matter by seeking a TRO before the book is physically printed and shipped to retailers. As such, the family is apparently hoping to avoid repeating the DOJ’s mistakes in the John Bolton case. In an eleventh-hour move, DOJ sought a TRO mere days before Bolton’s book was set to be published but after the book had already been shipped to distributors, journalists and bookstores.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/trump-family-seeks-restraining-order-against-publication-of-tell-all-book-by-presidents-niece/

But the article is dated jun 23.

From the article on CNN website:

In a Tuesday evening affidavit, Simon & Schuster chief executive Jonathan Karp said that blocking the book from publication would "impose extraordinary economic harm" to the company.

Karp disclosed that Simon & Schuster had already printed approximately 75,000 copies of the book. Karp further said that it "no longer maintains control of the copies" that have been shipped to booksellers and online retailers.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/30/media/mary-trump-book/index.html

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

another judge with his eye on the future lol..

Greased palm or  oily  palm ?

Overturned by appeals court.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still some issues...but the book will be published unless the president orders a drone strike on the printing facility.

NY Appeals Court Keeps Block Against Mary Trump in Book Fight, but Lifts It for Her Publisher

https://www.law.com/newyorklawjournal/2020/07/01/ny-appeals-court-keeps-block-against-mary-trump-in-book-fight-but-lifts-it-for-her-publisher/?slreturn=20200601225725

• Like 1

Awwww poor Donald such a victim now even his niece is ratting him out 

23 minutes ago, Tug said:

Awwww poor Donald such a victim now even his niece is ratting him out 

Next time, Jr or Jared?

"Tu quoque, fili mi" Ah, Ah!

Makes you wonder. Can whitehouse/republicins delay election? Does president decide he will run or does Republican Party decide who will run? 

IMHO Biden can beat trump but can he beat someone better from republican party? Biden seems a very weak choice.

Interesting times.

On 7/1/2020 at 12:35 PM, TooBigToFit said:

Who pays for all this legal work Trump is doing? I hope its coming from his pocket. He has more court cases going than work for the American people.

It's Robert versus Mary. That's all Trump, Sr's money passed down.

I've a niece that was my favorite, yet, she seems to have turned on me as an adult.  I would not hold much belief that her tell all book is anything more than a money grab off her Uncle's upcoming election.

More on the publishing front, new book coming out  by Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, titled, "Melania and Me,"