Jump to content
BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Suphanburi houses engulfed by flames - one house holder just had time to grab his phone

Recommended Posts

Suphanburi houses engulfed by flames - one house holder just had time to grab his phone

 

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

 

Ten fire engines from several sub-districts tacked a blaze that destroyed three two story houses next to each other in the Tapteelek area of Suphanburi yesterday lunchtime. 

 

Firefighters had the blaze under control after an hour but by that time three houses were in ruins. 

 

One belonged to Somkhit, 55, who lived alone next to one owned by his sister. He said he heard a bang from an electrical explosion but thought nothing of it.

 

Somkhit went out for lunch about 11 am and while he was out a friend pointed back to the area of his house saying there was smoke. 

 

He raced back on his motorbike but it was hopeless. When his sister arrived back home from visiting her son who had been ordained she collapsed. 

 

Their neighbor At, aged 38, also lost his house and nearly all his valuable possessions. 

 

2pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

 

He said he smelled fire while in the bathroom preparing to go out to work on the afternoon shift. But he thought nothing of it as his neighbor didn't use gas and cooked with firewood. 

 

Soon he saw the flames leaping and grabbed his phone and exited his property. That was the only thing he managed to save as the fire took hold so rapidly.

 

Muang Suphan police are investigating.  

 

Source: Daily News

 

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-01
 
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mobile phone is all that matters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steven100 said:

 

the defence rests your honor.

Yep, at the same time everything happened so quick that he only had time to take his phone. Was that after he showered finish and smelled all the wonderful smoke?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, webfact said:

One belonged to Somkhit, 55, who lived alone next to one owned by his sister. He said he heard a bang from an electrical explosion but thought nothing of it.

Up tomorrow - Sister arrested for murder of brother

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget Grandma, the Kids and Animals.........just grab the phone !

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he smelled fire while in the bathroom preparing to go out to work on the afternoon shift. But he thought nothing of it as his neighbor didn't use gas and cooked with firewood.

In what looks like a timber building that's not the best idea... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...