Pubs and bars in Thailand opening today - Ekkamai club shows off the New Normal

webfact

On 7/2/2020 at 12:56 AM, elliss said:

New norm in LOS , bars with no customers ..

On line fornication , Apps a plenty , no bar fine ...

DIY with the help of online pron seems to be the new norm. Not as much fun, but at least it is much, much cheaper.

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 1:37 PM, Kerryd said:

I know. It's ridiculous how many people seem to think that those things will somehow stop you from inhaling infected droplets exhaled by someone else.

Frik - just have someone blow some smoke at your face and you will instantly realize how useless those shields are. Because if you are smelling the smoke, then you are breathing it in.
The only difference is, if you are breathing in infected droplets, you won't even know it.

They do keep you from touching your own face.   

3 minutes ago, sangtip2 said:

They do keep you from touching your own face.   

Not really. People are always surprised to find out how often they touch their own face over the course of a normal day. Wearing a shield just makes it a bit more inconvenient and might make you a bit more self conscious about it, but you'll still do it.

I wear a full face helmet when I'm riding and I notice all the time that pretty much every chance I get I'll put the visor up so I can rub my nose, scratch my cheek, stick a finger in my eye because it feels like something flew in there, etc, etc.

No different wearing a shield. 
People don't like the face masks because they are uncomfortable and inconvenient. They will find the same thing with the shields soon enough, even if they don't wise up to their uselessness (when used by themselves).

However, if used with a face mask and social distancing, they may help reduce the risk (as previously noted). People in high contact areas (like cashiers) where they have to deal with a lot of strangers at fairly close range - wearing a shield (and mask) should cut down the risk.

And of course, you can bet that the moment no one is looking, all those people wearing just a face shield will remove them and start touching their faces. With their dirty hands that they didn't sanitize first.

On 7/1/2020 at 10:40 AM, Lacessit said:

Given the rubbish you are posting, I have to wonder how many times you have been kicked in the head.

I take it by your post, you have no actual argument to anything stated.