Nine Chinese busted playing poker in Jomtien - one was on overstay

webfact

Nine Chinese busted playing poker in Jomtien - one was on overstay

5pm1.jpg

Police investigating international crime in Chonburi raided a housing estate in Jomtien on Monday evening where nine Chinese men were playing Texas Hold'em Poker. 

The nine - aged 31 to 42 - were charged with illegal gambling and contravening Covid-19 congregating rules.

5pm2.jpg

Chips and cards were taken into evidence. 

One of the gamblers - a 34 year old Mr Lu X. - was also charged with overstaying his visa. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-01

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

What, you mean not western farangs, can this be correct, surely it's a mistake, I thought the Chinese were model citizens with big pockets who spend big in Thailand....hmmm

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 2

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

What, non western farangs, can this be correct, I thought the Chinese were model citizens with big pockets spending big in Thailand....hmmm

The usual predictable nonsense. Chinese get busted all the time. So do Thais--and for gambling as well.

• Like 2

First they bust a bunch of Indians and Nepalese. Now it's a bunch of Chinese.

I wonder if they get thrown in the same cells........

(It's not like China and India are having a confrontation right now over a long running border dispute or anything.)

Thailand keeps this up and they are going to upset the same 2 countries they think are the future of their tourism industry (and other things) !

I can understand busting any gambling den run for profit by a host. But a card game among friends for small pots should be tolerated, like a different kind of  pot for personal use.

Edited by Mac98
Spelling error

How dare the 34 year old Chinese guy overstay his visa. He should have flown home. They aren't tell us its 538,490 days overstay or whatever, so it's probably a visa that expired during the covid-19 period. It must be hard to find any real news at the moment.

10 hours ago, how241 said:

Time to stop doing these silly arrests.  Surely,  the police could find something better to do with their time. 

They've had lots of free time as there aren't many tourists to fleece at the moment.

11 hours ago, balo said:

I play poker too, come and arrest me. 

Now you are asking for trouble.  You know how dangerous 'playing cards' can be...haha...Almost and dangerous and rubber sex toys. 

• Like 1