Hua Hin: Beer bars opening today - but there are glum faces as no one is expecting any tourists

webfact

Hua Hin: Beer bars opening today - but there are glum faces as no one is expecting any tourists

7pm1.jpg

There are 300 beer bars scattered over Hua Hin and they can all open today. 

Yesterday Montree Manichpong of the local authority along with police and health department reps met with more than 100 owners at one of the main areas for the trade - Soi Bintabaht in central Hua Hin. 

Many of the mostly ladies present did not look thrilled at the prospect; most accepted that the New Normal would not be accompanied by any tourists, reported 77kaoded. 

7pm2.jpg

Those present were reminded of the 22 rules they have to follow. These include restricting numbers to an appropriate level, spacing tables 2 meters apart and serving only food and drink.

No beer promotion girls are allowed and definitely no singing and dancing.

Staff must wear gloves and face shields and all patrons must be screened on entry. 

The New Normal begins today after the government entered Phase 5 of the ease of lockdown restrictions in the country. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-01

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

The glum faces might have a connection to that they are not letting anybody in. They are just told to open up, pay all their staff and make no money. GREAT IDEA!

you are a real card mate ????

complaining on my thread about deluded foreigners hanging in bars but now you want them back to satisfy the mamasan's!

there is just no pleasing some people. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ba ba said:

you can't say back in the dark days because they were better

here in vung tau vietnam everything is open no rules,beer is on girls are on i would like to know now witch is the backwood country

Time will tell us

Hasn't Thailand been locked down for months?  Do people have extra money to go drinking in these beer bars. Here's an idea how about letting people be adults wear masks, social distancing if that's required. Elderly shelter in place,  if your sick stay indoors. Now open Thailand to tourism already let us start contributing to the economy and also see our Thai families already. I'm writing my opinion Thailand officials have their own set of rules regarding opening the borders. But can they relate to how people are feeling about seeing their families and living life again 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Those present were reminded of the 22 rules they have to follow. These include restricting numbers to an appropriate level, spacing tables 2 meters apart and serving only food and drink.

No beer promotion girls are allowed and definitely no singing and dancing.

Some glum faces there wondering just how to "make ends meet" when they re-open for business.. cough cough...
I fully understand now why NCC1701A takes a regular trip out of town... 

7pm2.jpg.029d2fa08d203cb930b50865bc352519.jpg

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, keith101 said:

There are plenty of expats that frequent these places so just give it a chance to start picking up until the borders are reopened .

You're kidding right. 22 Rules!!! Enough said.

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

I'll be going for a few beers Friday night before they're all forced to close again for the 2 'special days' this Saturday and Sunday

Just for your info the no alcohol days are Sunday and Monday. We have a text message to that effect from the local police.