Returning poor food at restaurant

OzMan

Twice recently I have been disappointed, to say the least, about food at "good" restaurants. As an example, my GF told the waitress not to put any chilli in my meal. It came back so hot there were flames issuing from it. I said we should return it as they did not provide what I asked. My GF said that although farangs did this it was not good manners in Thailand. Result: I paid for a meal I did not ask for and did not eat. What would other members do in this situation?

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Of course he would. What are you thinking? It's not as if he is deliberately causing trouble. If he orders steak and fish arrives, you think he should say nothing because the owner is a burly ''farang''? Odd.

Behave, that's a different story, obviously. Send food back because you say it's rubbish to a farang owner and there is a good chance he would smash the plate over your head. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Take the food back yourself,or get the girlfriend to do it,

if you are afraid to,......and see what happens, report back here.

regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Send food back because you say it's rubbish

"Rubbish" is the key word. If you would say the food is not what your ordered, undercooked, etc. it shouldn´t be a problem. I sent medium rare ordered steaks back when the came well done. No problem. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

"Rubbish" is the key word. If you would say the food is not what your ordered, undercooked, etc. it shouldn´t be a problem. I sent medium rare ordered steaks back when the came well done. No problem. 

Right, and the owner would understand that. But to just tell him his food is rubbish and to offer it back to him, well, that is extremely offensive and you could be treading on extremely dangerous grounds. But of course some here would do just that, lol yea course they would, to a petite little Thai girl maybe.

26 minutes ago, NE1 said:

That is it here , they are not bothered if you do not eat there again.

exactly .... the chef, the waiter, the cashier and even the owner won't lose any sleep if you don't come back.

They were probably talking about the fussy farang while heating it up in the kitchen.

• Haha 1

You have options: 1. fight, 2. return. 3. walk away.   Is it really worth fighting over?  You really have NO other options.  No other places to eat?  Really?  All of Thailand, why you put up with this food....walk away man.