Returning poor food at restaurant

OzMan

2 hours ago, daphnia88 said:

cause someone who looks liek that cooks... riiiight. Get off the fantasy world and back to earth, cowboy. 

The world I live in Mr Hi-So, which you call a fantasy world, is just so perfect and I will remain on it until the day I die, no doubt the world you live in is one of jealousy. 

Do try and enjoy your cocktails next time your out and about without choking, TVF sure does attract em ! 

Last but not least, polish up on your ingwish boy, giddy up !

Eugene - The Try Vlog GIF by Reactions | Gfycat

• Haha 2

If I was the owner of a restaurant I would want to know if something was not right with your food at least it would give me the chance to put it right, I have found over the years lots of places are not consistent the owner needs to know in a polite way,

Not long ago we went for a meal in a well known chain of restaurants in Thailand I wont name them but after 20 odd years of living here I can definitely order food in Thai my food was so sweet I couldn't eat it, should not have been sweet by the way, spicy is ok, And I dont use sugar in tea or coffee tasted sweeter to me.

I pulled the waitress over and just explained to her she took it back and when she came back to the table she agreed and said sorry, No Charge and offered both of us a desert or ice cream.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

If I was the owner of a restaurant I would want to know if something was not right with your food at least it would give me the chance to put it right, I have found over the years lots of places are not consistent the owner needs to know in a polite way,

Not long ago we went for a meal in a well known chain of restaurants in Thailand I wont name them but after 20 odd years of living here I can definitely order food in Thai my food was so sweet I couldn't eat it, should not have been sweet by the way, spicy is ok, And I dont use sugar in tea or coffee tasted sweeter to me.

I pulled the waitress over and just explained to her she took it back and when she came back to the table she agreed and said sorry, No Charge and offered both of us a desert or ice cream.

My wife and I avoid overly sweet dishes. We generally ask if they make it sweet or not and ask if they can make it not sweet. Then order accordingly. We do the same for salt and or MSG. The waiters or waitresses at places we frequent are always good and we are happy to leave a thank you tip.

We are always polite but if the staff says it's always sweet or salty, we thank them and leave. No big thing and no hurt feelings.

BTW we might ask if it's hot/spicy but we both like spicy food.

1 minute ago, petermik said:

oooh no...don,t get him going.....:sad:

Well one can agree or not with his way of writing.

It is however a fact that he is the connoisseur of many kind of cuisines, and surely the one who visit the most numbers of restaurants.

My opinion at least.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:03 PM, Keyser Soze666 said:

Of course you do. Bet you wouldn't do it if the place was owned by a burly farang, and don't say you would.

I'd send it back without a second thought!! Big badasa burly farang or not. I'm just a short fat farang. 

You can return it, friendly with a smile. What I would do? Eat it, as much as I could, and not make a big deal out of it. I would then buy a book about Thai culture and start learning the dos and don'ts in Thailand. This country is very different from the one we come from, and we should treasure that we are allowed to live here rather than to complain the Thai ways.

2 hours ago, Thalueng said:

You can return it, friendly with a smile. What I would do? Eat it, as much as I could, and not make a big deal out of it. I would then buy a book about Thai culture and start learning the dos and don'ts in Thailand. This country is very different from the one we come from, and we should treasure that we are allowed to live here rather than to complain the Thai ways.

Stadtler will nice.  He doesn't want to be.

we should treasure that we are allowed to live here rather than to complain the Thai ways.

Stadtler wonders if Thais in America feel the same.  Stadtler doubts it.

Thais all over the world must laugh at how submissive some of us are.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:13 PM, Keyser Soze666 said:

Behave, that's a different story, obviously. Send food back because you say it's rubbish to a farang owner and there is a good chance he would smash the plate over your head. 

What kind of restaurants do you eat in? 

On 7/4/2020 at 10:21 AM, 4MyEgo said:

The world I live in Mr Hi-So, which you call a fantasy world, is just so perfect and I will remain on it until the day I die, no doubt the world you live in is one of jealousy. 

Do try and enjoy your cocktails next time your out and about without choking, TVF sure does attract em ! 

Last but not least, polish up on your ingwish boy, giddy up !

Eugene - The Try Vlog GIF by Reactions | Gfycat

Is that my G&T?

• Haha 1