Van driver surrenders after face-kicking attack on female lottery seller

webfact

Van driver surrenders after face-kicking attack on female lottery seller

By THE NATION

800_e5324c50eb98dcc.jpg?v=1593587194

A public-van driver caught on video brutally assaulting a female lottery-ticket seller has told police he acted in anger following an argument over the price of her tickets.

The van driver, named only as Montree, surrendered to police at 9pm on Tuesday (June 30) after a clip of him kicking the victim in the face went viral and caused uproar among internet users.

Police interrogated the suspect before letting him go, explaining they would wait for news of the lottery seller’s medical condition before deciding what action to take.

The attack occurred on Monday (June 29) at a public-van stop in Surat Thani, after the driver, 40, told the unnamed lottery seller, 59, that her tickets were too expensive.

He then threatened to tell authorities she was charging too much, and collect a reward. 

The seller told him this was easier said than done.

The driver confessed to becoming enraged and attacking the woman.

A passerby videoed the incident and posted the clip on social media.

Police said that the driver is being charged with assault and faces a fine of up to Bt40,000, imprisoned for up to 2 years, or both.

However, if the seller’s medical condition is not serious, the driver will be fined up to Bt10,000, imprisoned for up to one month, or both, they added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390597

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-01

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

The 'cameraman' must have been videoing the fracas well before the kick took place. It seems like it is standard procedure to have your phone out, video ANY shouting, loud noises, arguments etc, and then decide what to post on Face Cloth.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, stouricks said:

The 'cameraman' must have been videoing the fracas well before the kick took place. It seems like it is standard procedure to have your phone out, video ANY shouting, loud noises, arguments etc, and then decide what to post on Face Cloth.

And if people don’t do that then there is no evidence of the attacks. I know I won’t be sticking my nose into any situation like that in this country but I’ll happily gather evidence to assist afterwards 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stouricks said:

yes it is, and has been for years, the world over.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, smedly said:

throw him jail and ban him from public service

this thug scum can go work the rice fields or fishing boats if he wants to work

hope she has some relatives that will come looking for this scumbag

But what about the overpriced lottery ticket seller, i thought it was against the law to charge more than 80 baht

18 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

Spoiled Thai male, that got enraged because a "lower-class" woman dared open her mouth.

Glad they got it on video, and truly hope that this man will be struck by karma and a hefty fine.

Due to his temper he should not be van driver, but wait a bit because the lady sellers family want to book him to take them to a dark remote corner if Los

2 hours ago, Almer said:

But what about the overpriced lottery ticket seller, i thought it was against the law to charge more than 80 baht

well you now have two choices, either don't buy or smash their face in, which is it for you

Has to be a reason for such immoral behavior.

Might very well be that many people here seek revenge for having been forced in their childhood to 'wai' at others as if they were inferior. Now they try to express some kind of superiority as adults, but in such a cowardly fashion.

It is all about the culture, and the culture is not about to change...

On 7/2/2020 at 9:08 AM, terminatorchiangmai said:

So this Farang woman that got caught shoplifting was all over the net with her face clearly for everyone to see, but this scum they can blur out his face so no one will know who he is.

What a shame!????

Here he is ................ hopefully, somebody will recognise him the scumbag. ????

On 7/2/2020 at 2:05 PM, chilli42 said:

Thai men are such cowards.

Well, from which country are you? I am sure I will find cases in the internet where men beat women and generalize it to all men of the country.