problems with Thai partner.

What's the issue?

The woman is clearly a person you need to leave AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! You said it yourself. You can take it no more. Don't make yourself or your son suffer. This is only going to get worse.

As for the son. There's no such thing as your not going to see your son again. It's more like she's not going to see her son again. You're not married. She has no say. She has no right. 

But do not say any of these things to her. You gotta be smart. Go talk to a lawyer even online is possible. Just for a discussion many of them won't charge. Tell him the truth. He will find you an intelligent solution. 

If all else fails, you prepare everything in advance... Then go for a family visit in the UK. With the son. She can go too. Then don't come back. You stay. Son stays. She has to go back. 

This woman plays nasty. You have to be smart. 

• Sad 1

On 7/1/2020 at 3:34 PM, BritManToo said:

Gambling,

Easy to stop in Thailand, tip off the police, they will raid the place, everyone involved will spend a little time in jail.

Wrong. Gambling is very, very difficult to stop. If they don't have available cash, they will beg, borrow or steal it. It is a sickness that requires counseling and treatment. and you will never just talk someone out of it and restricting the cash will make it even worse.

A little story of my own. My wife's mother has borrowed an estimated 1.5 million and stolen more than a million from my wife to gamble over a period of 15 years. We didn't know until she had to leave town to get away from her creditors, because to pull this off she had become an incredible liar too... and of course a daughter tends to trust her mother and always gives her the benefit of the doubt. I was the first to suspect something was wrong. She took my wife's house and rice land titles to use as collateral to get loans. She even forged documents and found a lawyer to officially give her "power of attorney" over my wife's property. We won't and can't pay her debts, so she is now hiding in another city far away and can never come back home.

So OP, don't be so harsh on your wife. She has a problem and talking and arguing about it will change nothing. Treat it as an illness and get some help from people who understand the problem. Why would you want to punish your son over a misunderstanding of his mother's problems. If you just leave her, her gambling addiction will not stop and she will end up like my mother-in-law, a fugitive from her creditors. They might even kill her over debts. She might even start selling drugs to fund her gambling addiction. 

38 minutes ago, A1Str8 said:

There's no such thing as your not going to see your son again. It's more like she's not going to see her son again. You're not married. She has no say. She has no right. 

Completely wrong .

Unmarried Fathers have no parental rights in Thailand , they are just considered to be the Mothers boyfriend when the baby was born .

The Child belongs to the Mother and theres not much the unmarried Father can legally do about that 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 7:32 AM, Yinn said:

Bad advice. Really.

if he snitch, he will have problem with many people. Sure.

I not like snitches. 

The  playground mentality is alive and  well, Thailand is  full of snitches in fact they can do nothing else but, and usually fabricate the whole  thing.

On 7/2/2020 at 7:32 AM, Yinn said:

Bad advice. Really.

if he snitch, he will have problem with many people. Sure.

I not like snitches. 

The  playground mentality is alive and  well, Thailand is  full of snitches in fact they can do nothing else but, and usually fabricate the whole  thing.

16 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Completely wrong .

Unmarried Fathers have no parental rights in Thailand , they are just considered to be the Mothers boyfriend when the baby was born .

The Child belongs to the Mother and theres not much the unmarried Father can legally do about that 

so they wont be demanding any money then.

5 hours ago, bodga said:

You fabricate the whole thing?

Edited by Yinn