problems with Thai partner.

5 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Money can not buy love. 

Generally speaking.

The girl who work prostitution 

-not respect herself, so not respect you

-most have drug/gambling, alcohol problem

- most is low intelligence, can not budget well. Many other Thai people can live normal life, 10,000 per month, sex worker get more, but not have money, because stupid shopping, Yaba, gambling. They stupid. 

- there parents not good skill, so they also not good skill. Not from good family.

- most is Issan people

the blokes

-often drunk/drug guy

- not attractive (why he not find free girlfriend same normal person?)

- social misfit

Up to them. But it sad IMO, this people have kid together.

I meet 17 year old girl last month. She work construction with Burmese team, 350 baht per day, hot and dirty.

See the look krung. I ask her, her mum from Khon Kaen, Dad from England. She can not speak English. 

So what you think? Mum is sex worker, dad is sex tourist? And run away already?

is sad.

IMO is irresponsible sex worker and sex tourist have kid. 

Not really true.

How do man, ugly girl, fat guy 99% other people in Thailand survive? 

Not necessary sex work had to do to survive in Thailand. 

We disagree. 

But good luck your life in Australia.

Good to know only bar girls have gambling problems.

12 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Not necessary sex work had to do to survive in Thailand

I would remind you Yinn that not only the sex worker makes money from his/her work.  Many other Thais are making a business around that or making commissions with every transaction.  Plus the parasites that mooch off the girl later ....or all that easy cash she later blows, helps Thais earn money.   In fact tourism in many ways was driven by the Thai sex industry to a large extent ....so hotel stays, restaurant business, etc., that happened because men came here for the ladies!!

3 minutes ago, Darksidedude said:

He'll be getting heaps of abuse and bullying in the private school, every Thai will know what mom used to work as. Take the kid out of private school, put him in government school where he will fit in better with all the other hookers kids.

What sort of stupid statement is that you fool, if i seen you on the street i would smash you in the face you idiot

More % look krung in private school than the government school I think? 

So be better private school?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Gambling,

Easy to stop in Thailand, tip off the police, they will raid the place, everyone involved will spend a little time in jail.

Most likely the police is involved already. Here is the wife of the police who run gambling and expensive loans, as they run the yaba business. Totally screwed

16 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Who owns the house?  Be careful with that one or it'll be gone.

remember the foreign family protesting in the middle of the road (father 2 son's if i remember correctly) they had a wonderful life all signed and sealed between mom and dad, only to discover a rogue lawyer faked the foreigners signature, proven, even Jonathan Head (BBC) went to visit this guy who threatened JH with a court case..............the father and kids lost EVERYTHING........contracts, signatures, lawyers..........TIT

I'm pretty certain there is a gambling gene and asians are born with it. 

As far as your problem.  Take control of the money.  Put her on an allowance and if she spends her money don't give her more.

Edited by rwill

49 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Money can not buy love. 

Did you work that out all by yourself, well done Yinn ????‍????

50 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Generally speaking.

The girl who work prostitution 

-not respect herself, so not respect you

-most have drug/gambling, alcohol problem

- most is low intelligence, can not budget well. Many other Thai people can live normal life, 10,000 per month, sex worker get more, but not have money, because stupid shopping, Yaba, gambling. They stupid. 

- there parents not good skill, so they also not good skill. Not from good family.

- most is Issan people

Generally speaking I will disagree with your first point

2nd point mostly yes

3rd point if they fall into point 2 yes

4th point, disagree because ones skill set is low that they are not from a good family

5th point, yes the poorest part of Thailand, funny that, wonder why ?

53 minutes ago, Yinn said:

the blokes

-often drunk/drug guy

- not attractive (why he not find free girlfriend same normal person?)

- social misfit

Generally speaking, also sounds like your typical Thai male ????

56 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Up to them. But it sad IMO, this people have kid together.

I meet 17 year old girl last month. She work construction with Burmese team, 350 baht per day, hot and dirty.

See the look krung. I ask her, her mum from Khon Kaen, Dad from England. She can not speak English. 

So what you think? Mum is sex worker, dad is sex tourist? And run away already?

is sad.

IMO is irresponsible sex worker and sex tourist have kid. 

Yes, however this also happens all around the world, women in disadvantaged countries tend to want to trap men with a baby to get a better life, then again, women also try this to hold onto a man in a relationship if they know it is going south.

58 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Not really true.

Not necessary sex work had to do to survive in Thailand. 

Sex work is a mean for survival for those who are down, perhaps one day you might be so fortunate to not judge until you are in such a situation. You seem to know a lot about Issan, do Thai's give a s-h-i-t- about the Issan folk, Thai's in my opinion are a very selfish race, especially those not in Issan, they will be the first to mok the Issan folk, why, is it a status thing, you must wear a yellow shirt, proud, middle-upper class wanna be ?

Sad that you feel because how one looks, weighs and has an age difference that you can judge them, Buddha forgive me, I know a older white guy happily married to a younger African overweight girl, should I judge them because of their skin colour, age and the whey they look, sounds like typical Thai xenophobia to me.

Woman have a better chance of surviving in the sex industry if they live in Issan, however they would have to be smart enough to know when to get out and or fall in love with a farang, OMG, I said it ????

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

We disagree. 

But good luck your life in Australia.

That is about the only part you got right Yinn and thank you for your kind words, same same ???? 

27 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Blokes that give their wives, partners everything because of the feel good "love" feeling, are the ones that end up being f'd over, me on the other hand, only invest as much as I am prepared to lose, say 10% and I have my fall back position with is the other 90%, I still have that feel good "love" for my wife, but if you think for one minute I would put my life in her hands, be it financial or other, you and everyone else are mistaken.

In the UK I risked 20,000,000bht on a house, and lost.

I learnt from that mistake!

In Thailand I risked a 20% deposit on a house (180kbht), SCB risked the rest.

I always viewed the monthly repayments as 'rent'.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

My Neighbour, a very nice German guy, bought a house in his Thai wife's name, she has a teenage daughter, he bought his wife  a car, after 3 years in the house he gets a knock at the door, a Thai man telling him to back his bags  and  get out as the wife had used the house book, & car book, at a card game, and lost the lot, she had disappeard a few days before hand ...be careful

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JRG23 said:

I have great sympathy. My wife (a former bar girl too) would not stop playing cards. Every day. Lies every day. I lost a lot of money, about THB1 million in total.

A lot of money? That is pennies compared to what some have lost.

After reading this ,i thank goodness that my wife is such a treasure, i wont say about not marrying a bar girl ,because when i first came to Thailand i dated one for a long time ,she is now married ,lives in the UK and is very respectable and still a friend. But i have never understood being addicted to anything ,in my younger years a loved drinking and other naughty substances ,but could stop anytime ,same with smoking ,smoked for years ,then just stopped , 

cant understand having to gamble .

• Like 2

tell her good luck with going back to work. i am sure the 5000 or so younger, prettier, better bodies will get the remaining farangs money before she does.  As far as you problem...best of luck, either way...cut your loses while you can.

17 hours ago, LogicThai said:

You have to be firm and strong, and not argue. In general, Thais do not understand talking, they only take notice of actions. 

She figures that she has a bargaining chip, something that is important for you (the boy). You need to make her think that it is not true (however hard it may be for you to do that, temporarily). With that kind of person, especially Thais, threats do not work, as they are unable to project themselves into the future. Threatening your partner of cutting her off does not register. The only way to make your point is to actually leave, and deny her every satang thereafter. 

But one thing is certain: you need to remove her from your life, she will never change and ‘improve’. One can only hope that you can rescue the poor child, and there is some chance of that. The fact of not being married is an advantage of sort, but it does not help much with securing rights to the child. This may well lead in her losing the house, the farm and the car trough gambling, but in the end, she will become amenable to a negotiated settlement in which you will dictate your terms (sole custody etc.). 

Otherwise, just leave both of them behind. The boy will grow up, will learn of the circumstances, and probably will make her mother pay a price for her part in his missed chance in life. It is Karma.

i would like to subscribe to your newletter on "Thai Logic", perhaps a small book to carry on self in LOS ????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jvs said:

You are contradicting yourself in this post,would it make a difference if the op is on the birth certificate as being the father?or is that not possible if they are not married?

Makes no differance under Thai law if your name is on the birth certificate, if not married you have no rights at all under Thai law.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

In the UK I risked 20,000,000bht on a house, and lost.

I learnt from that mistake!

In Thailand I risked a 20% deposit on a house (180kbht), SCB risked the rest.

I always viewed the monthly repayments as 'rent'.

Jim Carrey thumbs up | Jim carrey, Ace ventura, Jim carey

Ive never lived with a thai gal and not sure id have a kid with one, but id learn from the lesson, and slowly and calmly(stealth) figure out a game plan...be prepared to bolt should it get ugly, before you get screwed.

Reminds me of an old roomie in my 20s..he always worked and always kept his door closed as me and our other roomie worked in a bar and could drink and be rowdy late at night....few weeks passed and someone called for him...I knocked on his door(always closed) after no response I opened it..it was empty..he split! He emptied it slowly when we were at work ...i certainly was shocked! lol ????

Edited by ChakaKhan

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Like I said, I feel for the guy, but until guys learn to man up and see how easy it is for a woman to take a guy to the cleaners, then the merry-go-round will keep spinning for them.

Are you on said Merry go round at the minute mate?

you sound like you are ????

19 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Another winner marries a hooker and things go south? Who would have thought?

Also get a DNA test to make sure you are the father of the boy.  Maybe doesn't matter to you, but personally I could not raise or "love" someone else's child as my own.  I have seen it happen in the U.S. as well as Thailand, the child has been sired by a different man and the woman does not tell