BANGKOK

Nice one Harry, you had a good day yesterday trolling.

I wonder which is your newest id on thaivisa, one that’s posted on this topic no doubt.

😉

These types of girls that have it easy can twist big-hearted farang around their finger using emotional blackmail with abandon. Thai males are hard and would not put up with it, but what to do...

If genuine, I would disappear for a bit to call her bluff followed by a serious talk, but ultimately to try to make it work. Short of gaining full access to kid and taking him away (which you can't because of work), or taking him and getting a new g/f fast, what are your options? ATEOTD, the boy is the most important thing and time goes real fast, so perhaps look to overlook it with a strict budget... or perhaps roofy her morning tea. :tongue:

15 hours ago, harrymcgarry said:

She says she will not let me see him again and she will go back to working in the bar scene

Stopped reading here.....

• Thanks 1

I don't know what your situation with regards house ownership is but the first thing I would do is go to the Land Office yourself and check has she has signed over the Chanote under a sale with Right of Redemption and bear in mind the most popular modus operandi in Thailand is the forgery of your signature a nice little earner for lawyers who will for a price gladly witness a forged signature. There after you have to be every bit as conniving as her. It's a step by step process.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

My 2 pennies worth, talk of taking the boy away, away from his mother and trying to be a single parent in a foreign land and needing to work overseas sometimes is frankly shocking 'advice'

But in Thailand, if you have a job, you wont be a single Dad for long.  Addictions are tough for the partner and the kid.

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Don't let her handle any of your money, pay all bills yourself direct.

Paying bills by mobile app bank transfer is becoming the norm in Thailand.

Almost all household problems like this are caused by the the fool with the money putting it in their open hand.

He'll be getting heaps of abuse and bullying in the private school, every Thai will know what mom used to work as. Take the kid out of private school, put him in government school where he will fit in better with all the other hookers kids.

My 8yo son goes to 'free' government school, 7k5 this term (inc shoes and uniforms), 4k next term.

Gambling,

Easy to stop in Thailand, tip off the police, they will raid the place, everyone involved will spend a little time in jail.

If it's in a small area plod is probably in on the gambling so that won't work, they'll also tell the wife that you complained about it...

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Gambling,

Easy to stop in Thailand, tip off the police, they will raid the place, everyone involved will spend a little time in jail.

Bad advice. Really.

if he snitch, he will have problem with many people. Sure.

I not like snitches. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One word fixes it for good: DIVORCE!

2 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

Goodness this touches a nerve...

Listen to me. Four years ago I had exactly the same problem as you. It very nearly split my family up. My family consists of me, my Thai wife and two children. I also have a good job, well paid, in Bangkok. 

But my situation was exactly the same as yours. I have great sympathy. My wife (a former bar girl too) would not stop playing cards. Every day. Lies every day. I lost a lot of money, about THB1 million in total. I had had enough and was on the brink of a painful divorce. And would you believe it that at that time we had also been together 11 years. So many similarities.

But here is what we did. We moved. We moved away from that village where she gambled all the time. We moved into a totally new area in Bangkok. A new house, new schools, new friends, new everything. My wife had to change her life. And that stopped her gambling. Gambling was fuelled by her so-called 'friends' in the former village. They were nothing but animals.

So far, so good. She has stopped. I am wary of course, but am now able to trust her again. 

My advice to you. MOVE. Move away from her 'friends' who she gambles with.

This is good advice .... change the stagnant environment.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mike787 said:

One word fixes it for good: DIVORCE!

He should now marry? 

So can divorce?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Not always.............couple of years back she was ordering her numbers on the phone, then only settling up in part...........consequently she was being charged interest of 10% a month on the debt, until it built up to 100k baht at which point she confessed and i bailed her out...........we havnt had a repeat since (far as i know) thats why i started to take her numbers.............should add we have been together for 20 years

Anyway..........sorry for the off topic post

There's a huge underground numbers racket based on the state lottery. TIT

• Like 2