problems with Thai partner.

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Orange shirt.

So your wife is older you, overweight? 

you judge same. 

And for love partner everyone judge. Is normal. Real attraction, not finance.

if someone real heart love someone age difference, looks and weighs= no problem. 

I am dark, enjoy my life. 

But thai care about skin color themself, for beauty reason. I go outside a lot= I get dark since I young. I not care to much, i southern person.

Most people dark skin in south. Only the problem if you care. I not care.

Actually Issan people care more about that. Try to be white.

Is not the same as the farang countrys “Black lives matter” xenophobia racism big problem there. Thai police not kill the African, fight about statue, cartoon voice etc.

But Thai police mistreat, torture, blackmail and kill Cambodians, Laotions and people from Myanmar.

If you don't believe me, read this:

http://www.hrw.org/sites/default/files/reports/thailand0210webwcover.pdf

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

You 100% sure they not like it, but you still do it.

You not care the feeling? 

Black heart?

I support those in need, when I feel like it, if the service wasn't there, I guess I wouldn't, but people have to eat, survive, but naturally they would have to be a minimum 50kg, as anything under would look malnourished ????

Heart of gold ???? 

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

So when you divorce your wife number 1 before, you only lost 10% right? 

So clever guy.

50/50 down the middle with one child, which included shared custody, meaning one week with her mum and one week with her dad.

As the mother worked, it was only right she get 50% and as I worked it was only right I get 50% even though I earned 3 times more than here and invested in property which increased 50% since we purchased them together, and as we shared the child, I believed it to be a fair deal, and so did she, but the lawyer on her side thought it wasn't, but the x wife told the lawyer that is what we always agreed would happen if we split, then one day after the court sealed the court orders agreeing it to be a 50/50 split with shared care of the child, my lawyer rang me and said he received a letter from her lawyer stating that she had changed her mind and wanted 70% if the court orders hadn't been sealed by the court yet, too bad, they were yesterday he said.

I suspect it was because a young lady I was seeing on the quiet at the time opened the door when I was in the shower, you see my x turned up an hour early unannounced to collect our daughter, normally she would ring first, and probably saw Lisa's car in the driveway and I dare say Lisa, the young lady that I was seeing at that time was a part time model, super pretty and tall, and the x probably flipped because of the fact that I was seeing someone else, and pretty and tall.....lol.....too bad, anyway when I saw my lawyer, he gave me a copy of the letter and I took it to my x the next time I picked up our daughter and said, nice try.....laughing as I left.....

My Thai wife tells me to this day that my x still loves me 20 years later as she can see it on her face, she says thank you, thank you, thank you to my x, it's sad that she hasn't repartnered in 20 years....lol ???????? 

Yes clever guy Yinn, I lost nothing, but gained a Thai wife that loves me for me, not my money and she was a bargirl, OMG, heaven forbid, she had no respect for herself when she would spread them for money, no different to me than picking up a stray in a nightclub, drinks cost, dinners cost, etc, etc, etc and she is over 50kg slightly, is pretty, smart, and sharper than most, yes I guess she is lucky she met me ???? 

• Thanks 1

Many years ago, many of us here will have seen Farang were throwing up 'mansions' in Thai villages. I mentally noted the frequency they became or were unoccupied.

One result of building your sleek Western style home is you may as well paint a target on your girlfriends/Wife forehead. - money here!!

Gambling is never about having friends, even they will team up to take money from those who can access good funding.

Real gamblers know how to lure the mark, they are prepared to lose, and lose quite a bit, and be friendly and cheerful about it, because they are after the big prize. "You are very lucky lady, you win again, you come again we can try win some money back"

Know what you do guys when you advertise your 'wealth' gambling is not just for bargirls anyone can get systematically sucked in by 'players'.

Edited by 473geo

Gambling is an addiction and in some ways the worst one.  

After losing it seems the problem gambler is always thinking "I gotta win it back".

I think the gambling is a problem that is outside of any cultural difference between Thai and Western culture.  Consequences like jail, poverty, loss of home and family don't seem to motivate addicts to try and change.

My sympathies, I don't think there is an easy answer.

I think that as others have said problem gamblers rarely are able to quit.

Certainly unless she gets involved in a program with outside help not much chance.

Best of luck to you.

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:

Isaan people try to be white?

You have no clue what you are talking about.

You see the Issan TV? Or not.

You think Issan people want suntan? 

you have no clue what you are talking about.

Watch Issan TV, so many advertisements for white skin. Some get injections.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

1. Only gambling has been a problem, that's that only bad thing. House is clean, good heart and generous, kind to others, very popular in UK with my family and friends. 25 years is a long time,  and throwing that away is not what I want to do. Keeping control has been important and watching the money. Her friends don't like me because I know their games.

2. No. Never worked in a sex bar.

Central department store in Bangkok was where she worked. Only waiting tables in a restaurant at that time, but honest work. She was also enrolled then studying English. Still smart and good English,  popular with Thai people and Foreign

Just the gambling!

Difficult situation.

Good luck.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Sad that you feel because how one looks, weighs and has an age difference that you can judge them,

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

was seeing at that time was a part time model, super pretty and tall, and the x probably flipped because of the fact that I was seeing someone else, and pretty and tall...

Sad

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

As the mother worked, it was only right she get 50% and as I worked it was only right I get 50% even though I earned 3 times more than here and invested in property which increased 50%

3 times, but get 50%. 

No prenup?

Your Thai wife not work since the bar?

On 7/1/2020 at 3:34 PM, BritManToo said:

Gambling,

Easy to stop in Thailand, tip off the police, they will raid the place, everyone involved will spend a little time in jail.

What????????????/   I know a few policemen, and I can assure you that they are well informed and I'm sure inform others.  Like a family.  For a farang to tip off the police on Thais who like to gamble.....this is a BAD idea.   Absolute worst idea, not even a possibility.  zero.  no.  0. 

I want to make some jokes, but this isn't the time or place.  I would sell the house, cut your losses, get your son a proper passport (I forget your story exactly) and figure out a plan.  the gambling might stop, but something else fiscally bad will happen.  maybe she will start buying gold, cars, who knows....something.  it's who she is, which isn't a bad thing.  we don't change, really.  she needs a "fix," and you can't fix that.  maybe try to get her addicted to a video game for a bit, who knows.  something.  but the headaches will get worse for, IMO, a few more years.  now i play the lottery with a friend.  60 baht a month.  feels soo dumb.  we are all wired differently.  we all have faults.  

gl

harry,

If the car and house are in her name....you are screwed...just think for a second...if you tighten the purse strings...she can put a note on the car...if you dont end of paying the note...you lose the car...same for the house...just a heck of a lot more money involved. i feel sorry that you are in this position...but due to your son..you are kinda in a hard place.  best of luck.

8 hours ago, Yinn said:

3 times, but get 50%. 

No prenup?

Your Thai wife not work since the bar?

It's ok, if it went to court that 20% more e.g. 70% would leave a serious gap if it left me with 30%, we are talking 4 properties, one was a new block of 6 two bedroom units (condominiums) in a nice area, so I was happy with the 50% split, very very very happy....lol.....not so clever guy.

With the 50% split each, she asked me to help her secure a house for cash which I did, that was in 1999, she paid $450,000 for it, now worth about $2 mil, not bad for someone who earned 3 times less than me I suppose, and as I was in the real estate game, I helped her secure a property at auction, through one of my real estate contacts, she lived one street in front of me so to be close for the child.....lol....., did I mention she wanted to get back together before buying the house.....sad......lol

No prenuptial, correct, we had assets worth around the same amount of money at the time we married, so no need for a prenuptial, and you could say her investment in me grew 10 fold in the 12 years we were married.....she did well, and we live and learn.

Correct, she take care me and I take good care her, she have a nice big modern house, modern car and husband who love she, but 90% of his assets in Australia, invested making him tax free money, I think is very fair, and when this big chief dies, she gets it in my will, 1/3rd for my daughter in Australia and 2/3rds to our two daughters with here ????

You see I not so clever, but I do love her long time and she velly happy, not have baby and leave her, have two ????

13 hours ago, Yinn said:

Orange shirt.

13 hours ago, Yinn said:

So your wife is older you, overweight? 

you judge same. 

And for love partner everyone judge. Is normal. Real attraction, not finance.

if someone real heart love someone age difference, looks and weighs= no problem. 

No 21 years younger, 56kg and 167cm.......looking mighty fine 

I don't judge people, even the 80 year old farangs with 20 year old partner, not my business, if they happy all and good, can't discriminate on age, color and religion, up to them, like I said, if they happy and he still 'strong' good for her, but hope he have big pockets for her when him gone.

Good, we agree on something ????

13 hours ago, Yinn said:

I am dark, enjoy my life. 

But thai care about skin color themself, for beauty reason. I go outside a lot= I get dark since I young. I not care to much, i southern person.

Most people dark skin in south. Only the problem if you care. I not care.

Actually Issan people care more about that. Try to be white.

Is not the same as the farang countrys “Black lives matter” xenophobia racism big problem there. Thai police not kill the African, fight about statue, cartoon voice etc.

I love dark, but white Asian good too, especially in uniform ????

Southern Thai's have pretty exotic facial features, I once dated a girl from the south who lived in Sydney many years ago, she was from Wang Wiset, between Krabi and Trang, do you know it ?

Now I understand why they put much powder on their faces, and I thought it was some kind of ritual like to scare the ghosts ????

Yes I see, crazy isn't it, problem is those stupid idiots don't know who is really behind the push for 'black lives matter', they just get in the crowds which have some movements within that make much damage and of course spread Covid, here in Thailand they just shoot you dead, remember 2010 ?

13 hours ago, MyTHaiMyKe said:

You will not only lose your son but your car and your house! You have no rights, she can say bye, bye at anytime to you and you lose everything! Go see a lawyer and he will tell you that! I know this for a fact!

Wow that was good advice. I bet our Mate has really perked up with that little gem now tucked away. 

It is not as clear cut as you say, in all situations.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

No 21 years younger, 56kg and 167cm.......looking mighty fine 

I don't judge people, even the 80 year old farangs with 20 year old partner, not my business, if they happy all and good, can't discriminate on age, color and religion, up to them, like I said, if they happy and he still 'strong' good for her, but hope he have big pockets for her when him gone.

Good, we agree on something ????

I love dark, but white Asian good too, especially in uniform ????

Southern Thai's have pretty exotic facial features, I once dated a girl from the south who lived in Sydney many years ago, she was from Wang Wiset, between Krabi and Trang, do you know it ?

Now I understand why they put much powder on their faces, and I thought it was some kind of ritual like to scare the ghosts ????

Yes I see, crazy isn't it, problem is those stupid idiots don't know who is really behind the push for 'black lives matter', they just get in the crowds which have some movements within that make much damage and of course spread Covid, here in Thailand they just shoot you dead, remember 2010 ?

My only beef is with people who have far younger wives and pay them money and then complain when they leave them as it was never love but all for the money. Then those stupid guys start to moan how all Thais are the same. Just because they bought love does not mean its always that way.

Fact remains that if you pay a salary and there is a huge age difference the chances are its about money. (not always) Then don't moan when you get stung or tar all Thai girls with the same brush.

Same goes that not all bar girls are bad.. large percentage are of course but if a guy buys affection he should know that he risks it. That is why i personally like woman that have their own income. One less thing to worry about. Served me well. 

But that is something everyone should decide for themselves. But guys should stop bashing all Thai woman based on their failed relations. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, robblok said:

My only beef is with people who have far younger wives and pay them money and then complain when they leave them as it was never love but all for the money. Then those stupid guys start to moan how all Thais are the same. Just because they bought love does not mean its always that way.

Fact remains that if you pay a salary and there is a huge age difference the chances are its about money. (not always) Then don't moan when you get stung or tar all Thai girls with the same brush.

Same goes that not all bar girls are bad.. large percentage are of course but if a guy buys affection he should know that he risks it. That is why i personally like woman that have their own income. One less thing to worry about. Served me well. 

But that is something everyone should decide for themselves. But guys should stop bashing all Thai woman based on their failed relations. 

I have to agree with your post, that said, we all know if an 80 year old farang has a 20 year old hanging off of his arm it's not about the sex, more so the support for her and her family in lieu of taking care of him, and I have no problem with that as it means that people eat and survive, albeit it sad for the 20 year old, but one would hope it's not that bad and hopefully she gets compensated not to long down the track cashing in, let's face it all woman want some kind of security, i.e. unless they wear pants and don't like to be domesticated, no thanks, I like a woman who likes to stay home and have an easy life with me.

I wouldn't know what the percentage would be about good and bad bargirls, that said, I would hazard a guess that woman all around the world, regardless of profession would want some kind of security from men, and if they are not in the relationship for love as well, will eventually move on with what they have managed to score from the guy being careless with his money, so to be point blank about it, i.e. if a bloke is stupid enough to be careless and invest in a female who can access his funds, then he deserves what he gets, love ain't got nothing to do with it, or is it, 'what's love got to do with it'.

My wife of 13 years has her independence as I do, but she chooses to be a stay at home mum with all of her comforts in her big house, built complements of her farang husband, has a car to get around in, but prefers to be chauffeur driven by me while she has her cat nap in the front seat.....lol, she has gold she can fall back on if times every got desperate and a few land parcels to sell as well, I have always supported her two sons from a previous relationship, so I suppose supporting her and her two sons with what she has today paid has paid off, as she is in a far better position than she would have ever been in if she had to work and try to raise two kids as a single mum in Thailand.

If our relationship faulted tomorrow, she would win as I would, so it's a win/win, she has more than what she came into the relationship with, far more than she could have made working and raising her two kids in Thailand, and I still have what I wasn't prepared to lose, i.e. 90% of my worth, so as soon as guys stop providing access to their wealth and investing more than 10% of their worth with their wives, g/f's, which is what they should be prepared to lose only, e.g. no more than 10%, the more of them will end up hitting the dust here on TVF.

Your wife working suites your situation, mine has never had to work and I like it like that, i.e. we enjoy each others company on a daily basis and she enjoys being domesticated when she feels like it, she take good care of me long time ????

Life's good for all here and when I cark it, she can collect her lottery winnings.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 1:49 AM, Yinn said:

Post a photo of the back of chanote/norsor3.

I will look for you if you can not read. 

i be surprised if gambling addict not “”kai farg” or “jumnong” house already. 

And car. 

You must know quickly. Interest be 24%-36% per year. 

It be gone soon.

ps. Often the gamblers use yaba when Len pai. A lot. She the bargirl so, probably IMO. 

Can check with purple urine test.

Yes I posted above to get a copy of the Chanote to check she hasn't handed it over as a deposit for a sale with Right of Redemption. Basically it's operated in the pawn broker system. I have know of cases where interest has been charged at 36% per month and believe it or not a tourist police man charging 100% interest per month. 

On 7/1/2020 at 10:30 AM, harrymcgarry said:

and she will go back to working in the bar scene

So you picked your wife in a bar? 

It will end in a disaster sooner than later, try to bring your son out of Thailand before its too late. 

It's all a crappy situation, but love can blind us to many things. How many women stay with abusive men because 'he loves me'?

This story is not uncommon in Thailand, sad thing is that the kid is being used for emotional blackmail, something that most certainly wouldn't work if she had a Thai partner, they just leave without a second thought and never look in the rear view mirror.

The Chanote is almost definitely in the hands of some local Chinese loan shark, I'd bet my next pay check on that one.

So I have no answers but to offer my condolences 

Edited by GinBoy2

On 7/7/2020 at 8:01 AM, Pravda said:

You marry a bargirl this is what you get. 

Nothing wrong with marrying a bar girl, provided you have a mutual arrangement, and then you stick to that arrangement, no matter what.  

The day you start seeing any more into the marriage than any more than a mutual arrangement, that's when you are are a fool.  

She: "The buffalo is sick."

Him: "So what?"

She: "Mama had a motorbike accident."

Him:  "So what?"  

She get's her monthly salary, and the day she's not happy with it, she can go back to the bar.  

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2020 at 10:42 PM, daphnia88 said:

how many sob stories does one need to hear in order to learn that one should not trust a thai partner with one's money?

Maybe an anonymous phone call and a short stay in jail would do her some good. 

Actually I trust my wife to handle our money carefully, and spend it, as well, if not better, than I would ????

Just lucky I guess