BANGKOK

2 hours ago, JRG23 said:

I have great sympathy. My wife (a former bar girl too) would not stop playing cards. Every day. Lies every day. I lost a lot of money, about THB1 million in total.

A lot of money? That is pennies compared to what some have lost.

Posted (edited)

Another winner marries a hooker and things go south? Who would have thought?

Edited by Ron jeremy
Picture
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

After reading this ,i thank goodness that my wife is such a treasure, i wont say about not marrying a bar girl ,because when i first came to Thailand i dated one for a long time ,she is now married ,lives in the UK and is very respectable and still a friend. But i have never understood being addicted to anything ,in my younger years a loved drinking and other naughty substances ,but could stop anytime ,same with smoking ,smoked for years ,then just stopped , 

cant understand having to gamble .

• Like 2

tell her good luck with going back to work. i am sure the 5000 or so younger, prettier, better bodies will get the remaining farangs money before she does.  As far as you problem...best of luck, either way...cut your loses while you can.

17 hours ago, LogicThai said:

You have to be firm and strong, and not argue. In general, Thais do not understand talking, they only take notice of actions. 

She figures that she has a bargaining chip, something that is important for you (the boy). You need to make her think that it is not true (however hard it may be for you to do that, temporarily). With that kind of person, especially Thais, threats do not work, as they are unable to project themselves into the future. Threatening your partner of cutting her off does not register. The only way to make your point is to actually leave, and deny her every satang thereafter. 

But one thing is certain: you need to remove her from your life, she will never change and ‘improve’. One can only hope that you can rescue the poor child, and there is some chance of that. The fact of not being married is an advantage of sort, but it does not help much with securing rights to the child. This may well lead in her losing the house, the farm and the car trough gambling, but in the end, she will become amenable to a negotiated settlement in which you will dictate your terms (sole custody etc.). 

Otherwise, just leave both of them behind. The boy will grow up, will learn of the circumstances, and probably will make her mother pay a price for her part in his missed chance in life. It is Karma.

i would like to subscribe to your newletter on "Thai Logic", perhaps a small book to carry on self in LOS 🙂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Banks won't loan money on a house without evidence of income to make the repayments.

She could sell it though.

Most likely she will lose the house in a card game 😞

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jvs said:

You are contradicting yourself in this post,would it make a difference if the op is on the birth certificate as being the father?or is that not possible if they are not married?

Makes no differance under Thai law if your name is on the birth certificate, if not married you have no rights at all under Thai law.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

In the UK I risked 20,000,000bht on a house, and lost.

I learnt from that mistake!

In Thailand I risked a 20% deposit on a house (180kbht), SCB risked the rest.

I always viewed the monthly repayments as 'rent'.

Jim Carrey thumbs up | Jim carrey, Ace ventura, Jim carey

Posted (edited)

Ive never lived with a thai gal and not sure id have a kid with one, but id learn from the lesson, and slowly and calmly(stealth) figure out a game plan...be prepared to bolt should it get ugly, before you get screwed.

Reminds me of an old roomie in my 20s..he always worked and always kept his door closed as me and our other roomie worked in a bar and could drink and be rowdy late at night....few weeks passed and someone called for him...I knocked on his door(always closed) after no response I opened it..it was empty..he split! He emptied it slowly when we were at work ...i certainly was shocked! lol 🙂

Edited by ChakaKhan

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Like I said, I feel for the guy, but until guys learn to man up and see how easy it is for a woman to take a guy to the cleaners, then the merry-go-round will keep spinning for them.

Are you on said Merry go round at the minute mate?

you sound like you are 😂

19 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Also get a DNA test to make sure you are the father of the boy.  Maybe doesn't matter to you, but personally I could not raise or "love" someone else's child as my own.  I have seen it happen in the U.S. as well as Thailand, the child has been sired by a different man and the woman does not tell

25 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Once bitten twice shy oi......